ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

If the rumors about his heart condition are true, then he still might be a first/second round talent with too many health concerns. Everyone everywhere had him with higher than a 5th round grade so him slipping to round 5 tells me teams might be worried about his health.

To be honest, I'm shocked anyone finds humor in possible health concerns. Leave that scumbag stuff to the weirdos on RCMB dude.
I don’t find humor in possible health concerns. I didn’t say that anywhere. I said it was funny that Brian Allen got drafted ahead of him.

I don’t find humor in possible health concerns. I didn’t say that anywhere. I said it was funny that Brian Allen got drafted ahead of him.

You are finding humor in Hurst's slide to the 5th round, a slide that is almost certainly related to his heart condition. Classy.

So you don’t think his fall had anything to do with health concerns? Come on, man. You’re better than this.
I apologize for pointing that out. Clearly it did have something to do with it. At base value, I would probably take Mo over Brian in the NFL.

I honestly didn’t realize he had a heart problem. It does look like it was cleared, but obviously a red flag for scouts

I think he drops to late 2nd regardless because of concerns about his size, but yeah I'm guessing there is more worry there about his future health.

Yeah. I love talking to Michigan fans that brag about all the 4 stars and 5 stars they bring in, but then we proceed to beat them 8 out of the past 10 years.

One of which being a relatively close game all the way through of a 3-9 MSU team. The other was when Michigan scored 0 touchdowns and won 12-10. Other than that it’s been all MSU victories

It is not "relatively close" when one team leads by 13-20 points for all but one second of half number two.

It is not "relatively close" when one team leads by 13-20 points for all but one second of half number two.
MSU was 2-5 and UM was 7-0 at the time.

UM won by 9. And MSU also has dominated the series over the past decade, so the closeness of a certain game doesn’t really matter.

Okoro mentioned that he wants to play fast and that Purdue plays slower than both Oregon and Illinois too. Laughing
Hey man, if he wants to play on a bad-to-mediocre team that has a high tempo, more power to him.

I just think it's laughable that Underwood's staff is flat out lying to the kid.

Hey man, if he wants to play on a bad-to-mediocre team that has a high tempo, more power to him.

I just think it's laughable that Underwood's staff is flat out lying to the kid.

Reeks of desperation. But Painter and staff can easily show proof that what he’s being told isn’t true.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
Reeks of desperation. But Painter and staff can easily show proof that what he’s being told isn’t true.
It's the kind of thing that can work in recruiting from time to time, but if that's what you are relying on to get kids then you can probably expect similar turnover rates to what Illinois has seen this offseason.

I'd love to have Okoro on next year's team as I think he could help turn a relatively thin frontcourt into an area of strength, but he won't make or break the roster. Would also be a nice recruiting feather in Painter's cap - especially to steal him from UI's backyard.

It's the kind of thing that can work in recruiting from time to time, but if that's what you are relying on to get kids then you can probably expect similar turnover rates to what Illinois has seen this offseason.

I'd love to have Okoro on next year's team as I think he could help turn a relatively thin frontcourt into an area of strength, but he won't make or break the roster. Would also be a nice recruiting feather in Painter's cap - especially to steal him from UI's backyard.

Exactly. Illinois needs him a lot more than we do. But would love to have him. Just funny seeing the shit coaches will blatantly lie about to try to get a kid.

He can play on a slow, mediocre team at Purdue next season, or a bad team at Illinois that plays the way he wants to.

I just think it's hilarious Brian claimed he wouldn't go to a place like Illinois because of their system.

Reactions: SNU0821
So he wants to run up and down the court and throw the ball away. He’ll fit right in at Illinois.
I guess he might have a thing for bad teams. Maybe you guys should try to get in on the recruitment.

Exactly. Illinois needs him a lot more than we do. But would love to have him. Just funny seeing the shit coaches will blatantly lie about to try to get a kid.

This happens in just about every recruitment in the country.

If Painter can’t complete the sell of his style or how he willl be used at Purdue that’s on Painter

Reactions: KisteK and Jaycg15
So, you're just going to talk out of your ass about a recruit you know nothing about? Got it.

Relax. 95% of my posts are bullshit. It’s the off-season. And Illinois is still Illinois until proven otherwise.

Reactions: klize17
Yeah, it's a bit whiny to act like this is a big deal.

I can gurrantee Bill Self has mentioned to Romeo how Archie hasn’t had a NBA player as a head coach. Archie was just able to counter it with Ed Schilling.

Painter can do the same with Swanigan videos. If Painter can’t win the battle because of something like this that’s on him

I can gurrantee Bill Self has mentioned to Romeo how Archie hasn’t had a NBA player as a head coach. Archie was just able to counter it with Ed Schilling.

Painter can do the same with Swanigan videos. If Painter can’t win the battle because of something like this that’s on him
No one is saying he can’t. Not sure what the hullabaloo is all about.

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
This happens in just about every recruitment in the country.

If Painter can’t complete the sell of his style or how he willl be used at Purdue that’s on Painter

Completely agree. Painter doesn't seem great at the sales aspect of recruiting, which is not a small part of the process imo.

Will be interesting to see what Okoro does. Got good options if he reclassifies, or could wait a year...

Reactions: klize17
Relax. 95% of my posts are bullshit. It’s the off-season. And Illinois is still Illinois until proven otherwise.

d6aa3514-42d3-4a99-8f50-560c1b8decb6_text.gif

@Purdue guys, how is Okoro wanting to Major in CS "a huge check mark" for you? Your program is ranked 20th and Illinois is 5th.

Reactions: SNU0821
@Purdue guys, how is Okoro wanting to Major in CS "a huge check mark" for you? Your program is ranked 20th and Illinois is 5th.

Enjoying that premium Purdue subscription still? He never said Purdue had a better CS program than Illinois so not sure what you’re getting at. He simply said it’s a huge check mark which it is. If you take that and combine it with playing for a legit program where he can play both the 4 and 5, it makes sense why Purdue would appeal to him. Purdue has plenty to offer him and if he cares about winning, Purdue makes sense over Illinois. Did you sign up for the monthly premium access or go with the yearly one?

MSU was 2-5 and UM was 7-0 at the time.

UM won by 9. And MSU also has dominated the series over the past decade, so the closeness of a certain game doesn’t really matter.

Then why even provide the unnecessary and incorrect statement about a particular game if that is the case? Nobody would question that portion if you avoided those words. You are trying too hard to validate the losses in the past decade.

Enjoying that premium Purdue subscription still? He never said Purdue had a better CS program than Illinois so not sure what you’re getting at. He simply said it’s a huge check mark which it is. If you take that and combine it with playing for a legit program where he can play both the 4 and 5, it makes sense why Purdue would appeal to him. Purdue has plenty to offer him and if he cares about winning, Purdue makes sense over Illinois. Did you sign up for the monthly premium access or go with the yearly one?
You sound like Mizzou guys. I have never and will never pay for your site.

You sound like Mizzou guys. I have never and will never pay for your site.

Ahh you’re doing the search function and can see bits and pieces of things that are posted. Still lame but not as lame as paying for the site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT