ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Beilein visited Isaiah Jackson last week and Walker Kessler was visiting for the Penn State game. Either one of those would be a massive get.

Not sure how the ticket thing works, but we also have 2020 Cam'Ron Fletcher as a guest to the game.

I'm surprised that Izzo still going this hard after TJD. Maybe he's just trying to push to get one (or two) of Isaiah Stewart, Vernon Carey, TJD, and Brooks to commit.

I think it is very obvious they have a chance otherwise a decision would have been made. I don't think TJD is doing it for suspense or anything he is just torn.

Beilein visited Isaiah Jackson last week and Walker Kessler was visiting for the Penn State game. Either one of those would be a massive get.
Isaiah Jackson will end up being top ten in the 2020 class imo. Real talent just needs to put on some weight.

I know MSU feels good in that recruitment. Izzo’s been pushing very hard and Rocket Watts one of his best friends (played for Old Redford together, then transferred to the same academy in Ohio)

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Let me know if you need to talk. At this point, Purdue fans are well-qualified to be sponsors for fans working through that sort of thing.
Illinois fans are also here.
cliff.gif

Isaiah Jackson will end up being top ten in the 2020 class imo. Real talent just needs to put on some weight.

I know MSU feels good in that recruitment. Izzo’s been pushing very hard and Rocket Watts one of his best friends (played for Old Redford together, then transferred to the same academy in Ohio)

Yeah I don’t expect Jackson (or Kessler for that matter) but Kessler would be a better fit in our system

Would rather have Stewart or Carey. Not sure he’s all that desperate for 5 star centers right now. Looking good for both of them.

We’ve heard Carey to UNC and Stewart to Washington. But it’s meant as desperate to either land or delay Trace’s decision.

Reactions: klize17
We’ve heard Carey to UNC and Stewart to Washington. But it’s meant as desperate to either land or delay Trace’s decision.
I’ll believe Carey to UNC but I’m liking our chances with Stewart. Hearing a lot of positives

I’ll believe Carey to UNC but I’m liking our chances with Stewart. Hearing a lot of positives

We were a month or more ago, now Snow's been saying Washington, he even crystal balled it and he's batting 93% so far.

I agree with this. Sometimes expiercene trumps talent. No doubt last years team was more talented, but we have a more experienced team this year, and I’ll guess we to the Sweet 16 this year.

Defensively we’ll fall off, but our offense could still be very good.
How do u figure to be more experienced? Honest question. U lost the lotto picks and TumTum and a couple of bigs right?

How do u figure to be more experienced? Honest question. U lost the lotto picks and TumTum and a couple of bigs right?
More expiernced in our best players. Last year they were a Sophmore and a Freshman. This year our core is 3 juniors. Yes, our bench isn’t as experienced but Tum and schilling arent huge losses, they weren’t extremely good.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
Bama just went into Dearh Valley and won 29-0. They’ll are one of the best football teams I’ve ever seen play. Michigan is good this year and they’ll handle them.
Handle Bama? That would be one of the biggest shocks of all time. Bama with a QB like Tua is pretty close to unbeatable IMO.

We were a month or more ago, now Snow's been saying Washington, he even crystal balled it and he's batting 93% so far.
He is the same guy that picked Hall to MSU a little over 24 hrs before the official announcement when both MSU and Purdue boards knew the decision at least a couple of days prior. Its easy to have a high rate of success when you make your decision after the answer is confirmed.

He is the same guy that picked Hall to MSU a little over 24 hrs before the official announcement when both MSU and Purdue boards knew the decision at least a couple of days prior. Its easy to have a high rate of success when you make your decision after the answer is confirmed.

Have you seen his ranking in the crystal ball? Only right when you want him to be I guess.

Which is exactly why Snow making a Crystal Ball pick is significant. The guy avoids making picks unless he really knows something instead of just guessing. 247 has nudged the writers to all make more crystal ball picks so I would say it's not a lock, but a significant pick.

Pretty relaxed about tomorrow’s game. If we beat the #1 team, great, if not, eh, good experience. Should be fun to watch.

I’d put some money on Kansas -5 imo.

Reactions: KisteK
Have you seen his ranking in the crystal ball? Only right when you want him to be I guess.

Which is exactly why Snow making a Crystal Ball pick is significant. The guy avoids making picks unless he really knows something instead of just guessing. 247 has nudged the writers to all make more crystal ball picks so I would say it's not a lock, but a significant pick.

If Stewart had announced a date he was going to choose, I'd give it a little more weight. Don't they get "points" based on how early they put their prediction in?

Didn't Snow put his pick for Washington in early October, even before Stewart's MSU official visit?

Reactions: Hank1990
If Stewart had announced a date he was going to choose, I'd give it a little more weight. Don't they get "points" based on how early they put their prediction in?

Didn't Snow put his pick for Washington in early October, even before Stewart's MSU official visit?

He put it in a little bit after the initial MSU chatter started. He stated something about the guys in general flipping from favorite to favorite but generally have one team whom is always there and they generally have the best relationship with, that’s Washington.

Also took Florida +4.5 for the hell of it. Believe Florida State is missing their top returning scorer due to injury.
I ended up adding in Ball State (-7).

I'm honestly looking at putting some money on BSU on the moneyline when they travel to Purdue on Saturday. Seems like the type of game a young, inexperienced team could lose, even at Mackey.

ADVERTISEMENT