ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

I agree we suck but we beat both Purdue and Iowa with an unhealthy roster.

Okay swap them. The point I was making is that it’s not like NW is way better than we were saying. They bump up a spot or two because Wisconsin and Purdue were both worse than I expected. More to do with Wisconsin underachieving than NW being good.

Reactions: jwardelt
Fair enough. I just felt like throwing in a couple of ones where you said they were bad. And the one you posted about Purdue in regards to OSU. Overall, the main reason was to call out SNU.

Maybe I called them bad somewhere but you only quoted where I called them average. I still think they are. They probably finish 4th in the East if they played in the East division.

Reactions: SNU0821
Maybe I called them bad somewhere but you only quoted where I called them average. I still think they are. They probably finish 4th in the East if they played in the East division.

Fair enough. I tried to grab a few quotes here and there but overall it wasn’t that bad on your end. Nothing like SNU.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Let’s say Wisconsin doesn’t suck. No other team changes but Wisconsin is the top 10 team most places had them as.

Northwestern is 7-5 then without a trip to Indianapolis.

So yeah my bad for not realizing Wisconsin was gonna be worse.

Preseason I probably would’ve ranked B1G:

Ohio state
Michigan
Penn state
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Purdue
Northwestern
Iowa

Now with healthy rosters id rank then:

Ohio state
Michigan
Penn state
Michigan State
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin
Iowa

Purdue still 6th, northwestern from 7th to 5th because Wisconsin blows. Purdue and NW coin flip really.

Didn't Northwestern win by double figures at MSU?

MSU has been a shell of itself all year. Depleted with injuries. Maybe they were close to full strength then? Idk didn’t watch.

Nor did I but that was week 5 so I'm guessing they were healthier then than now. Looks like Felton Davis played and was damn good.

Where’s the bragging like we’re going to the playoffs or championship? Again with the hyperbole even after I called you out on it. You’re out-SNU’ing yourself.
Nah. You just don’t like getting made fun of for hyping and bragging about your average program.

Fair enough. I just felt like throwing in a couple of ones where you said they were bad. And the one you posted about Purdue in regards to OSU. Overall, the main reason was to call out SNU.
But when you lost to them, at home, a whole host of Purdue fans kept trying to tell us how good they were and they won like 10 games the prior year like that mattered this year. Again, you kept trying to hype your team. You got called out. Deal with it.

But when you lost to them, at home, a whole host of Purdue fans kept trying to tell us how good they were and they won like 10 games the prior year like that mattered this year. Again, you kept trying to hype your team. You got called out. Deal with it.

Just admit you lost. It’s okay to admit it. I rationalized the loss to what I thought was a decent team (who is now ranked by the way). But somehow that’s overhyping my team like they should be in the playoffs? Classic SNU logic there.

Reactions: KisteK
Where is the hype and bragging? It’s okay to admit you lost. The proof is right there.
Lol. Not even close. You’re doing exactly what I called you out for and honestly, what Purdue fans do quite often. Acting like your program is something it’s not.

Lol. Not even close. You’re doing exactly what I called you out for and honestly, what Purdue fans do quite often. Acting like your program is something it’s not.

Yawn. The proof is there to show that at no time did any of the Purdue posters overhype Purdue this year. Most thought a similar record at best due to the harder schedule. It’s very clear and obvious if you actually read the posts.

Just admit you lost. It’s okay to admit it. I rationalized the loss to what I thought was a decent team (who is now ranked by the way). But somehow that’s overhyping my team like they should be in the playoffs? Classic SNU logic there.
Again, not even close. I said you were hyping your team and acting like you were a B10 contender. I never said you SAID you were. Based on your posts in the Off Season thread and on the IU board that was my perception. Sorry you don’t like it, but it is what it is, my perception. And, you WERE hyping your team. You WERE acting like they were something they’re not. You WERE talking smack to other teams like you have some reason to actually talk smack. Just like some Purdue fans talking smack to UM and Harbaugh. Laughable.

Yawn. The proof is there to show that at no time did any of the Purdue posters overhype Purdue this year. Most thought a similar record at best due to the harder schedule. It’s very clear and obvious if you actually read the posts.
Admit it. You weren’t on the IU free board talking smack about your football team and how good they were going to be? Yeah, right. You’re on the IU free board 100x more than I am. Deal with it. You got called out and don’t like it.

Admit it. You weren’t on the IU free board talking smack about your football team and how good they were going to be? Yeah, right. You’re on the IU free board 100x more than I am. Deal with it. You got called out and don’t like it.

I literally just showed you proof proving you wrong. Lol.

Again, not even close. I said you were hyping your team and acting like you were a B10 contender. I never said you SAID you were. Based on your posts in the Off Season thread and on the IU board that was my perception. Sorry you don’t like it, but it is what it is, my perception. And, you WERE hyping your team. You WERE acting like they were something they’re not. You WERE talking smack to other teams like you have some reason to actually talk smack. Just like some Purdue fans talking smack to UM and Harbaugh. Laughable.

I talked shit to an Illinois fan when they started shit after Darrell Hazell beat them twice. That’s just funny and shows how bad Illinois is.

I literally just showed you proof proving you wrong. Lol.
Here’s a quote from the IU free board. There’s a TON of stuff just like this. Pure fanboy garbage from you.

“Brohm didn’t do anything special? Laughble statement. Taking that dumpster fire that had won 9 games in 4 years and winning 7 games including the bowl game (something you haven’t done in 25 years) is special.”

Calling a 7-6 record “Special” is, well, laughable. Nothing less than an average program would call that “Special.”

Whoooooops. But don’t worry, I’ll pull more when I land. Bout to get on a flight in a bit.

Here’s a quote from the IU free board. There’s a TON of stuff just like this. Pure fanboy garbage from you.

“Brohm didn’t do anything special? Laughble statement. Taking that dumpster fire that had won 9 games in 4 years and winning 7 games including the bowl game (something you haven’t done in 25 years) is special.”

Calling a 7-6 record “Special” is, well, laughable. Nothing less than an average program would call that “Special.”

Whoooooops. But don’t worry, I’ll pull more when I land. Bout to get on a flight in a bit.
Tommy “High School Coach” Allen wouldn’t sniff bowl eligibility with the rosters Purdue has had the past two years.

Listening to Holiday Traditions on XM.

tenor.gif

Reactions: superhusker33
Tommy “High School Coach” Allen wouldn’t sniff bowl eligibility with the rosters Purdue has had the past two years.

Truly never understood the “High School Coach” shot. He was at Ole Miss and USF before becoming IUs DC and then HC

He last coached a high school in 2006 what a loser he is.

Not arguing that at all. Can’t count the number of times the coaching staff made terrible decisions. I’m not a fan.

Truly never understood the “High School Coach” shot. He was at Ole Miss and USF before becoming IUs DC and then HC

He last coached a high school in 2006 what a loser he is.
It’s Blaire. What do you expect?

Lol. When most national folks had Purdue winning 2 or 3 games going into the year and he wins 7 with a MAC roster, what would you call it? Maybe special was a bit strong and I should’ve used “impressive” but it absolutely was impressive. National media was talking about the job Brohm and company did last year. If that had happened at IU, you would’ve shit your pants. You’d still be talking about it I bet.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
Lol. When most national folks had Purdue winning 2 or 3 games going into the year and he wins 7 with a MAC roster, what would you call it? Maybe special was a bit strong and I should’ve used “impressive” but it absolutely was impressive. National media was talking about the job Brohm and company did last year. If that had happened at IU, you would’ve shit your pants. You’d still be talking about it I bet.
Yup. Classic example of you going overboard, like you do constantly. Don’t be salty when you get called out for it. At least own it.

Overboard? You’re reaching there per usual. Typical SNU.
Yes. Calling it special is overboard especially if you think your program is above average. But that’s what you do, you over hype/go overboard constantly. People have shown different recent examples. Just own it, man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT