ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Only scenario that UM might not get in would be if:

ND, Clemson, and LSU win out. An 11-1 Bama is then still deemed a better team by the committee with the B1G teams not having looked good last few months and using OOC conference games (justification by the committee).

Broke system

this season is a show me season. no excuses. everybody is healthy, even Garza has been cleared for practice. Baer Iowa's best defender is fully healthy and is going back to being the 6th man finally.

Jordan is fully healthy. plus he has a backup that is fully healthy. nobody will play out of position
7'0 Nunge will play the 4/5 AND will never play the 3.
6'7 Dailey will never play the 1 again and can focus on the 2/3
the top 3 weak links on defense are gone, Uhl, Wagner and Ellingson. the defense will be better by substraction and having a healthy team. that goes 2 deep at each position.

Bear will provide that much needed SR Leadership. Wieskamp will fill that much needed 5th starter. at times Iowa was playing 4 on 5.

only able to post once per week.

we will see how Iowa does with them playing 2 top 20 teams in games 3 and 4

Last edited:
this season is a show me season. no excuses. everybody is healthy, even Garza has been cleared for practice. Baer Iowa's best defender is fully healthy and is going back to being the 6th man finally.

Jordan is fully healthy. plus he has a backup that is fully healthy. nobody will play out of position
the top 3 weak links on defense are gone, Uhl, Wagner and Ellingson. the defense will be better by substraction and having a healthy team. that goes 2 deep at each position.

Bear will provide that much needed SR Leadership. Wieskamp will fill that much needed 5th starter. at times Iowa was playing 4 on 5.

Too many white guys to be a good team IMO.

Too many white guys to be a good team IMO.

tenor.gif

How high will Iowa have to finish for you to be content?

Reactions: SNU0821

Another non-NCAA tournament year for Fran. Over/under 10 technicals for Frantrum this year?

dude what happened to you. like where do you go

Eight seasons in, is the "show me season"?Laughing

Jesus.

Hey Purdue fans there is supposedly about to be a Petrino story that comes out that will get him canned and for cause. Makes money not an issue. Not flame just a FYI

Big Brohm fan here

Hey Purdue fans there is supposedly about to be a Petrino story that comes out that will get him canned and for cause. Makes money not an issue. Not flame just a FYI

Big Brohm fan here
Interesting but I just don't see Brohm leaving yet. A couple years down the road maybe if his teams have plateaued, but at this point, I think he knows he's building something here and has shown that Purdue can win on a big stage. Recruiting is going well and I don't think he leaves while Rondale Moore is here. He adores that kid.

Big Brohm fan here
Not suggesting you are making anything up but do you have sources?

Even if it does happen, Louisville is in a very bad place financially (dwindling endowment, Pitino and Jurich situations, etc) and Purdue is not. He could leave for Louisville but I think it is less than 50/50 if offered, especially if Louisville fires his mentor and friend.

If it does occur, he will leave Purdue in a much better place than he inherited and I believe we finally have an AD who understands the importance of a strong football program.

Now if Swarbrick retires and Bobinski returns to Notre Dame.....

Big Brohm fan here
The homer in me is hoping that Brohm is recruiting well enough and winning enough here that he'll wait for a BIG offer (Auburn, FSU type) as opposed to leaving now and taking on another rebuild at Louisville while the entire AD is getting bad pub left and right.

However, I think Louisville can pay more than Purdue (as evidenced by the fact that their football and bball coaches make more) and it's obviously his alma mater. I do like the fact that Louisville lurking provides urgency every day in terms of paying the man his money and giving him the resources he needs to win.

Will be interesting to see play out. I've come to grips with us losing him, I'm just hoping he decides to stay at Purdue until the program that gives him a shot at a national title comes calling, as opposed to going home when Louisville inevitably comes at him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT