ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

I was watching last night with Dave Chester, who started for Michigan at OG and graduated in 87. He made a good point. It’s always good when OSU loses but Michigan would have a better chance at the playoffs if the beat undefeated OSU.

So he was a little torn. That said, he was smiling a lot in the 4th quarter.

If Michigan wins out they are getting a playoff bid

Sorry for the football post. Thought this was interesting.

Aw9qsIn.png

As a Purdue fan...
Brohm at Purdue = happy
Harbaugh at UM = relieved he’s not at Purdue

Very possible. Only thing that could derail that is say UGA ins out, beating Bama in the title game. Does a 1 loss Michigan get in over a 1 loss Alabama? That to me could create an issue.

Clemson, Notre Dame, UGA.............Then who? One loss Big 10 Champ, over Alabama?

Very possible. Only thing that could derail that is say UGA ins out, beating Bama in the title game. Does a 1 loss Michigan get in over a 1 loss Alabama? That to me could create an issue.

Clemson, Notre Dame, UGA.............Then who? One loss Big 10 Champ, over Alabama?

A one loss B1G champ with Michigan’s strength of schedule not making the playoffs would just show how broke the system is.

A one loss B1G champ with Michigan’s strength of schedule not making the playoffs would just show how broke the system is.
If LSU beats Alabama next week, then things get very interesting because the SEC title game likely becomes an elimination game.

If Alabama runs the table then loses to a one-loss Georgia in the title game, then you have at least three teams with very compelling arguments - assuming UM is a one-loss B1G champ in this hypothetical.

Reactions: KisteK
If LSU beats Alabama next week, then things get very interesting because the SEC title game likely becomes an elimination game.

If Alabama runs the table then loses to a one-loss Georgia in the title game, then you have at least three teams with very compelling arguments - assuming UM is a one-loss B1G champ in this hypothetical.
IF LSU beats Bama, as you said---It becomes a mess. Still a ton of football to go. BUt for me, this is what ultimately decides it.

Bama@ LSU
UM@ OSU

Clemson ain't losing. Toughest remaining game is at Florida St.

Now, Notre Dame's a different story. Been skating by. Games @ Northwestern, and at USC. If they lose, It certainly opens doors for a Michigan, etc, etc...

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Oh, I agree. But you know how this works. If an undefeated Alabama loses in the SEC title game---and its close. YOu really think they drop 4 spots? I don't. And as of now, UGA I think sits at 7th. Win the SEC, with wins over (9) Florida, (12) Kentucky and #1 Alabama. I mean, its not crazy to think they get in.

I'm with you Hail. If UM riuns the table, they absolutely should be in. But that doesn't mean they will. I think best case for you guys is for Notre Dame to lose.

Oh, I agree. But you know how this works. If an undefeated Alabama loses in the SEC title game---and its close. YOu really think they drop 4 spots? I don't. And as of now, UGA I think sits at 7th. Win the SEC, with wins over (9) Florida, (12) Kentucky and #1 Alabama. I mean, its not crazy to think they get in.

I'm with you Hail. If UM riuns the table, they absolutely should be in. But that doesn't mean they will. I think best case for you guys is for Notre Dame to lose.
UM should be rooting for Iowa to win out and take the West so that they can add another top-10'ish win in the B1G title game. Worst-case scenario would be NW (or even Purdue) winning the West.

IF LSU beats Bama, as you said---It becomes a mess. Still a ton of football to go. BUt for me, this is what ultimately decides it.

Bama@ LSU
UM@ OSU

Clemson ain't losing. Toughest remaining game is at Florida St.

Now, Notre Dame's a different story. Been skating by. Games @ Northwestern, and at USC. If they lose, It certainly opens doors for a Michigan, etc, etc...

One loss Michigan vs one loss ND would be an interesting choice

Reactions: KisteK
One loss Michigan vs one loss ND would be an interesting choice
Very interesting...But I think UM gets the nod(Conference title). Plus that ND games was early. I'd take Michigan right now over the Irish. IMO, I think ND was fortunate to get you guys early. Only time I've been impressed with them was that game.

Very interesting...But I think UM gets the nod(Conference title). Plus that ND games was early. I'd take Michigan right now over the Irish. IMO, I think ND was fortunate to get you guys early. Only time I've been impressed with them was that game.
You weren't impressed with the win over Stanford?

Only scenario that UM might not get in would be if:

ND, Clemson, and LSU win out. An 11-1 Bama is then still deemed a better team by the committee with the B1G teams not having looked good last few months and using OOC conference games (justification by the committee).

ADVERTISEMENT