ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

tenor.gif

Reactions: KisteK
Rabby always so professional. Has he taken a stance on Purdue's marketing material for this upcoming season?

It wasn't a jab. Snu just going fishing.

He pointed out the fact that Purdue has been unable to secure even an official visit from the last three five stars to come out of the state.

Reactions: SNU0821
Uh, no. That win over Penn State was nice. I saw nearly the whole game and that looked like a pair of borderline top 25 teams in the field. Kudos to MSU for rising up, but thank PSU for looking like the team that took the field versus App State.

MSU wasn't perfect last week, but their ceiling isn't much higher than they showed. Meanwhile Michigan is continuing to show they are a borderline playoff caliber team. The road issues are the only concern. If Michigan plays to their potential then it will be a 10+ point win regardless of how well MSU performs.

MSU defense stepped up, especially at the end of the game. Besides the 2 big runs from Mike Sanders (78 yards and 48 yards - the 2 longest runs against MSU this season), they only allowed 79 total yards on the other 30 attempts. Even allowing those 200+ rushing yards from PSU, MSU is still #1 in rush defense in the country.

UM offense relies on their ability to run. Their passing game hasn't been as good. Can Patterson step up this week, and take advantage of MSU's weak passing defense (though they did better against PSU).

Historically, the team that runs for the most yards in this rivalry game is usually the team that wins. We'll see if MSU can slow UM's run game down. MSU's run game is pretty bad lately, but hopefully we get some of our guys back from injury (OL needed the most) to help that out.

I think UM should be favored, but I don't think it is outlandish to think MSU could win. They've won 8 of the last 10 in the series, many of which they were not favored to win.

Reactions: MGC_07
It wasn't a jab. Snu just going fishing.

He pointed out the fact that Purdue has been unable to secure even an official visit from the last three five stars to come out of the state.
Yeah, it's not great from an optics perspective. But that's sort of where Purdue is likely always going to fit into the landscape - relying on solid 4-stars and sprinkling in some top 25-50 talents to push them over the edge.

MSU defense stepped up, especially at the end of the game. Besides the 2 big runs from Mike Sanders (78 yards and 48 yards - the 2 longest runs against MSU this season), they only allowed 79 total yards on the other 30 attempts. Even allowing those 200+ rushing yards from PSU, MSU is still #1 in rush defense in the country.

UM offense relies on their ability to run. Their passing game hasn't been as good. Can Patterson step up this week, and take advantage of MSU's weak passing defense (though they did better against PSU).

Historically, the team that runs for the most yards in this rivalry game is usually the team that wins. We'll see if MSU can slow UM's run game down. MSU's run game is pretty bad lately, but hopefully we get some of our guys back from injury (OL needed the most) to help that out.

I think UM should be favored, but I don't think it is outlandish to think MSU could win. They've won 8 of the last 10 in the series, many of which they were not favored to win.

MSU isn’t winning

MSU isn’t winning
When will they learn.

I’m not saying we for sure will, but you can’t possibly say UM is winning for sure. We have won 8 out of the past 10 against Michigan, while being the underdogs for quite a few. MSU could win.

When will they learn.

I’m not saying we for sure will, but you can’t possibly say UM is winning for sure. We have won 8 out of the past 10 against Michigan, while being the underdogs for quite a few. MSU could win.

The world could end tomorrow.

You could learn to fly tomorrow.

MSU could win. They won't.

*painter after his in-house with Hall today*

giphy.gif

Hope we can land this one. Even though we've gotten a couple recently in battles with MSU (Biggie, Eastern), I'm still far from confident....but feel better than I have in the past against MSU (Tillman, Jackson, etc.)

*painter after his in-house with Hall today*

giphy.gif

Hope we can land this one. Even though we've gotten a couple recently in battles with MSU (Biggie, Eastern), I'm still far from confident....but feel better than I have in the past against MSU (Tillman, Jackson, etc.)
You feel better than the Jackson recruitment? Didnt you guys think he was a Purdue lock until the day of the commitment?

ADVERTISEMENT