ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Except he is not the only one that is going to have a massive role thats a 5 star recruit on a top 4 team.

So you think Maryland is going to be top 4 because it sure as shit isn't going to be Illinois.

I haven't seen anything about him. I think MSU's priorities are Vernon Carey / Isaiah Stewart / TJD / Brooks.

Then again, no one saw the Rocket Watts commit coming so I don't really trust any of the recruiting "gurus"

1 of Carey or Stewart would make MSU a top 5 pre season team in 2019 or higher.

I haven't seen anything about him. I think MSU's priorities are Vernon Carey / Isaiah Stewart / TJD / Brooks.

Then again, no one saw the Rocket Watts commit coming so I don't really trust any of the recruiting "gurus"

There is one seven sentence article on MSU 247. The one Quote is "It went very well, Favorite part was just hanging out with the staff and team. Continuing to build the relationship was my biggest goal for the weekend. I accomplished that."

Reactions: Toast.
There is one seven sentence article on MSU 247. The one Quote is "It went very well, Favorite part was just hanging out with the staff and team. Continuing to build the relationship was my biggest goal for the weekend. I accomplished that."

None of the 247 MSU guys know shit. They don't even really try - just mail it in. The Rivals guys are supposedly a little more tuned in, I guess.

Reactions: MGC_07 and klize17
Except he is not the only one that is going to have a massive role thats a 5 star recruit on a top 4 team.

He could be the better player but Michigan’s roster is better around him than Indiana’s is around Romeo. Ignas will probably have less volume because of that.

Well, this board sucks all of a sudden! It's just like how rap was so much better in the 90s with gangsta rap. When you knew they hated each other and when they talked about killing someone...you knew they meant it. This board was so much better when everyone hated each other and you just knew the next mass shooting was going to be someone from this board.

Well, this board sucks all of a sudden! It's just like how rap was so much better in the 90s with gangsta rap. When you knew they hated each other and when they talked about killing someone...you knew they meant it. This board was so much better when everyone hated each other and you just knew the next mass shooting was going to be someone from this board.
To be fair, we all hate you.

To be fair, we all hate you.

True....I've got that going for me

Reactions: klize17 and Jaycg15
I don’t think MSU wins the conference. I really am not a big believer in this team. I think we are pretty overrated at this point. Yes, we went 28-3 last regular season, but like 80% of our Big Ten aren’t games were close, and we lose 2 NBA lottery picks.

Cash will be less efficient and defenses will collapse around Ward even more. I hope Henry’s good but besides that we don’t bring in any immediate impact Freshman. If Tillman and Henry are as good as speculated I think we have a shot to win it.

Langford and McQuaid on the wing has got to be the worst of any top 15 projected team.

Oh hell, I just realized that this ban that only a communist would implement hasn't happened on the pay board!!!

He could be the better player but Michigan’s roster is better around him than Indiana’s is around Romeo. Ignas will probably have less volume because of that.
I don't know about that. Both teams certainly lack shooting. Jordan Poole might be the only shooter on your team. Livers can hit shots, but I wouldn't consider him a shooter.

Meh...Not so sure about that. THough I love Poole. IU does have Morgan, Davis, SMith and Hunter. I mean, those are some pretty good players.

I don’t think MSU wins the conference. I really am not a big believer in this team. I think we are pretty overrated at this point. Yes, we went 28-3 last regular season, but like 80% of our Big Ten aren’t games were close, and we lose 2 NBA lottery picks.

Cash will be less efficient and defenses will collapse around Ward even more. I hope Henry’s good but besides that we don’t bring in any immediate impact Freshman. If Tillman and Henry are as good as speculated I think we have a shot to win it.

Langford and McQuaid on the wing has got to be the worst of any top 15 projected team.

I am a bit higher on MSU than I was a month ago and a bit lower on Michigan in that same span. I felt Michigan would be around 14 and MSU at 18 preseason.

I wrote a lengthy piece on homeboard after looking at efficiency numbers and speculating that Miles Bridges may have been a bit overrated and Duncan Robinson being a bit underrated.

If you look at efficiency numbers on both sides of the ball you will see Cash was absurd and something I did not expect. Meanwhile Bridges was good, but not elite like Cash or JJJ. I can attribute some of this to Bridges playing with Tum (who is beyond awful, look at his 2016 numbers compared to teammates for fun), but that cannot tell the whole story.

I am at least giving the possibility that the efficiency numbers tell a better story than perception.

Reactions: MGC_07
I don't know about that. Both teams certainly lack shooting. Jordan Poole might be the only shooter on your team. Livers can hit shots, but I wouldn't consider him a shooter.

Charles Matthews isn’t a “shooter” but he is a 14-15 ppg guy and a lock for 30+ minutes.

Last edited:
Definitely a good player, just have concerns about your team's shooting ability.

Team shooting ability doesn’t have much to do with my point. Brazdeikas would put up more flashy numbers if he was coming in and starting from day 1 playing 30mpg. I’m not sure that’s going to happen when we have the roster we have.

Andy Katz preseason Power 36:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ky-no-1-andy-katzs-preseason-power-36-college

11. Michigan State
16. Nebraska
17. Purdue
21. Indiana
24. Michigan
30. Wisconsin
31. Minnesota
Michigan State - about right, maybe a couple spots too high
Nebraska - too high
Purdue - probably 5-6 spots too high
Indiana - maybe a couple spots too high
Michigan - at least 4-5 spots too low
Wisconsin - ehh, about right I guess
Minnesota - Sill. E. Sea. Son.

(@jwardelt did I do that right?)

Michigan State - about right, maybe a couple spots too high
Nebraska - too high
Purdue - probably 5-6 spots too high
Indiana - maybe a couple spots too high
Michigan - at least 4-5 spots too low
Wisconsin - ehh, about right I guess
Minnesota - Sill. E. Sea. Son.

(@jwardelt did I do that right?)

dVDJiez.gif

You forgot something about Iowa being way too high though. Please correct.

Reactions: bMORE607
Is De Sousa going to be eligible this season? @KisteK

I've stated since June on the KU board that I wouldn't play him. The sunshine gang over at the Slant seem to think everything's fine, tho. I know Dmack is a frosh, but I wouldn't hate it if Dolla Bill rode with
Dok/Lawson/Dmack/Lightfoot at the 4/5.
KJ could be a go-small big, too.

I'd rather not have an entire season wiped from the books. I'm still not sold last year's F4 will stick.

Big Ten coaches rank best jobs in the conference in a variety of factors.

https://watchstadium.com/news/big-t...k-the-best-jobs-in-the-conference-10-11-2018/
Something about what the coaches had to say about each school just rubbed me the wrong way. Every person they used sounds like a little bitch.

I give the article 2/10. I did like the ranking portion. It's interesting to see how the perception of State Farm Center (Assembly Hall) has changed since we were good. At one point, it was one of the hardest places to play, and now it's on par with Iowa.

Reactions: klize17
ADVERTISEMENT