ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Nice pickup for you guys but a strange decision none the less.

But had he done the same to Purdue it wouldn’t have been “strange” right?

Mike Hart is a hell of a RB coach. The kid is 45 minutes away. Ohio State has plenty of solid backs. What is strange about it?

Reactions: SNU0821
Love it. We’ve done a good job of getting offensive talent into the league over the last several years. Not surprised we’re getting some good recruits offensively.

Mike Hart deserves a raise when someone tries to poach him this offseason. Which he won’t because the IU president hates sports.

Mike Hart is a hell of a RB coach. The kid is 45 minutes away. Ohio State has plenty of solid backs. What is strange about it?

If he had done the same to Purdue I would’ve been thrilled but wondered why he did it. Doesn’t matter in the end though really.

Interested to hear his reason why it’s “strange.” Coleman and Howard are two great examples of IU backs getting big minutes/production in the league. Our offense has been really good. Not strange at all.

I don't know if I'd call it strange, but it is a fairly surprising decision if the OSU staff was truly caught off guard and still was planning to honor his commitment on signing day. If Purdue got him to flip, I would think it'd be surprising as well. The local angle obviously is important, but it's not like OSU is halfway across the country.

Good work by Hart and Allen to flip him, though. He and Robbins are a nice pair to headline that class for IU.

I don't know if I'd call it strange, but it is a fairly surprising decision if the OSU staff was truly caught off guard and still was planning to honor his commitment on signing day. If Purdue got him to flip, I would think it'd be surprising as well. The local angle obviously is important, but it's not like OSU is halfway across the country.

Good work by Hart and Allen to flip him, though. He and Robbins are a nice pair to headline that class for IU.

It’s confirmed the OSU staff was caught off guard. He was there for a visit yesterday. Something must have happened but IU never quit recruiting him either.

Hopefully a Cam Williams addition as well.

Reactions: SNU0821 and Da_Bull
It’s not like people haven’t asked what’s the appeal for 4* kids going to OSU, Bama, etc only to either continuesly be recruited over or share time your entire career. Guess this kid saw what we’ve seen. Doesn’t hurt that his brothers probably got in his ear either.

Reactions: SNU0821 and klize17
I have a damning indictment to report regarding Matt Painter...

Family member texted me last night that Fran f*cking McCaffery was at Painter's wedding. Why Matt, why?
Fran f*cking McCaffery brought the party, baby. You're talking to the man who recorded the longest keg stand of the entire weekend.

-Fran

Last edited:
IU isn’t in any position to not roll the dice if a four star wants to commit

Will be interesting to see what happens with him. Not sure how much he's being prioritized right now on Purdue's end actually.

It’s confirmed the OSU staff was caught off guard. He was there for a visit yesterday. Something must have happened but IU never quit recruiting him either.

Hopefully a Cam Williams addition as well.

klize17, where did you read that "IU never stopped recruiting him" after he committed to OSU? I am in a "discussion" with another rival fan that says IU is no different than Cal/UK when UK continued to recruit Trey Lyles after his IU commitment. Is there an article that you saw that states IU continued to recruit him after the OSU commitment? TIA (my holier-than-thou attitude towards Cal/UK is at stake here)

klize17, where did you read that "IU never stopped recruiting him" after he committed to OSU? I am in a "discussion" with another rival fan that says IU is no different than Cal/UK when UK continued to recruit Trey Lyles after his IU commitment. Is there an article that you saw that states IU continued to recruit him after the OSU commitment? TIA (my holier-than-thou attitude towards Cal/UK is at stake here)
think this stuff is a ton more par for the course in football than basketball.

it's naive to say it doesn't happen in bball, but it's commonplace in football.

It was on the board. It’s what college football recruiting is. There is no comparison between the two. The rival fan you are arguing with is a putz to make that comparison.

Purdue is playing West Virginia again...third year in a row I think. It is a great matchup for us and I think definitely helped solve the press break issues we had a few years ago.

IU hooked up with Loyola-Chicago this year. Still return quite a bit from the final four squad. Just seems not smart to not hook up with a D1 team for a scrimmage. You do not learn a thing from the exhibition games.

Purdue is playing West Virginia again...third year in a row I think. It is a great matchup for us and I think definitely helped solve the press break issues we had a few years ago.
Love that we've done this. Agree that it's helped a lot.

Will be interesting this year, b/c this will be a team that wants to play in the full court and will get a taste of the most aggressive full court team out there. Where years past, we've wanted to keep it in a half court game.

That's impressive. Supposedly, Tre Williams is down about 40 since arriving on campus in June. Not sure how that is possible but he's looking much thinner.

Trust me it is very possible from June until now if he has been eating like shit. I speak from experience.

Reactions: Toast.
That's impressive. Supposedly, Tre Williams is down about 40 since arriving on campus in June. Not sure how that is possible but he's looking much thinner.
When I saw him at the northwestern fb game, he was very noticeably slimmer. Looked more like a b-ball player than a Left tackle like in the videos he had posted prior.

Any insight on how much was lost this summer vs when he showed up?

Not sure. If you scroll through that tweet chain/convo, someone posted a pic from Tillman's IG. He's pretty ripped now, so he probably lost more than 38lbs of fat, but put on muscle

Hope he can keep the record for awhile. Favre got the record from Marino in 2007. Manning took over in 2015. Now Brees.

He is going to keep it at least six years and probably at least 15. Maybe Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford make a run, but nobody else have a chance in the next 15 years (unless TB12 plays until he is 45 and Brees hangs it up soon).

Hope he can keep the record for awhile. Favre got the record from Marino in 2007. Manning took over in 2015. Now Brees.

He is going to keep it at least six years and probably at least 15. Maybe Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford make a run, but nobody else have a chance in the next 15 years (unless TB12 plays until he is 45 and Brees hangs it up soon).
If Stafford stays healthy and the Lions continue the trend of having no run game/sucking and always having to come from behind then Stafford will pass him pretty easily if he plays until the same age, albeit with a much worse record as a starting QB.

If Stafford stays healthy and the Lions continue the trend of having no run game/sucking and always having to come from behind then Stafford will pass him pretty easily if he plays until the same age, albeit with a much worse record as a starting QB.
Welcome back.

Reactions: otte21
The TJD sweepstakes is nearing an end. Since his visits are complete, how does everyone feel? MSU guys. Any word post visit? @klize17 I didn't join chat (I'm in Hawaii) last night. Anything good coming out of Peegs and/or chat?

The TJD sweepstakes is nearing an end. Since his visits are complete, how does everyone feel? MSU guys. Any word post visit? @klize17 I didn't join chat (I'm in Hawaii) last night. Anything good coming out of Peegs and/or chat?
Well, Fran was in town last night visiting one of our local 2020 guys. He seemed pretty confident he would be landing TJD. Take that for what it's worth. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT