ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Maryland boosters forking out 60K to guardians and still can't get the player...ouch

We have a clown freaking out because Archie said “We have a long way to go to become a competitive Big Ten team right now, a lot of growing up to do." Which is the norm for this particular poster, but still hilarious.

tell me it's gradman

Reactions: klize17
Keep him forever.

One of the first comments on twitter: "Lets see how many more great teams we can lose in the sweet 16 haha"
I shit on him a lot because of his postseason success, but he's put the program in a good spot. I just don't think he's ever going to win big, but few actually do.

Reactions: SNU0821 and klize17
Ol' Painty got himself an extension through '23-'24. Well-deserved.

HhqnRo5.jpg

Reactions: SNU0821 and Jaycg15
I shit on him a lot because of his postseason success, but he's put the program in a good spot. I just don't think he's ever going to win big, but few actually do.

Absolutely and the guy seems to be all class. You could go a hell of a lot worse.

Reactions: SNU0821
@klize17 - any insight into Vernon Carey's visit to UK?

His mom posted an IG story that said "this visit is poop-emoji and thumbs down BBN"

First Stewart had a bad visit, now Carey?

Where, I legit can't find him in that clusterfvck?Whoever did this graph needs to be fvcking shot with a bazooka.

I dunno but he's at <1 tournament win per year, also 14 win per year. Archie sitting there climbing to the top.

Reactions: SNU0821
East Lansing and WL are two of the bottom 3 college towns in the big ten imo
I'd probably agree. I've been to football games at all original(ish) 11 big ten schools, yet to go to Rutgers, Maryland or Nebraska. I'd really like to go to Nebraska. lol at the idea of going to Rutgers or Maryland.

but in short, I'd agree that EL and WL are lower. Some of that is definitely preference though, like I personally love college towns much more so than something like Columbus or Evanston.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
I'd probably agree. I've been to football games at all original(ish) 11 big ten schools, yet to go to Rutgers, Maryland or Nebraska. I'd really like to go to Nebraska. lol at the idea of going to Rutgers or Maryland.

but in short, I'd agree that EL and WL are lower. Some of that is definitely preference though, like I personally love college towns much more so than something like Columbus or Evanston.
I loved Columbus the town, but the campus wasn't that great.

Reactions: klize17
I have to go to EL for work next week. I was hoping it would be decent. Any recommendations?

Recommend that you cancel the trip.

For real though, EL is plagued by NIMBY type politics (why people decide to buy houses, in student-housing neighborhoods, and make complaints about students still blows my mind) and ridiculously incompetent local government. They can't seem to not F things up. They've been trying to develop one specific corner (Abbott and Grand River) for decades, and continually F it up to the point that developers just quit/bail on the projects.

https://eastlansinginfo.org/content/developers-walking-away-center-city-district-project

For actual suggestions - what are you looking for? Places to eat?

Hopcat brewery - get the crack fries.
Crunchy's
Peanut Barrell
MSU Dairy Store on campus - for Ice Cream

Reactions: Jaycg15
Recommend that you cancel the trip.

For real though, EL is plagued by NIMBY type politics (why people decide to buy houses, in student-housing neighborhoods, and make complaints about students still blows my mind) and ridiculously incompetent local government. They can't seem to not F things up. They've been trying to develop one specific corner (Abbott and Grand River) for decades, and continually F it up to the point that developers just quit/bail on the projects.

https://eastlansinginfo.org/content/developers-walking-away-center-city-district-project

For actual suggestions - what are you looking for? Places to eat?

Hopcat brewery - get the crack fries.
Crunchy's
Peanut Barrell
MSU Dairy Store on campus - for Ice Cream
Food and Beer. I'm going for work, so I can't cancel. Maybe a decent place to watch a game.

Food and Beer. I'm going for work, so I can't cancel. Maybe a decent place to watch a game.

I haven't been back for quite a few years, but the 3 bars I mentioned are all decent. The intersection of Abbott / Grand River is "downtown" - and the block north of that (Albert St.)

Illinois just finalized a home and home series with Arizona for 19 and 20 season. Love that we're upping the ante on our OOC schedule.

There had been talks of IU and Arizona, so maybe that means the IU UK series is resuming.

Where, I legit can't find him in that clusterfvck?Whoever did this graph needs to be fvcking shot with a bazooka.
Even if it wasn't a cluster****, where in the hell is the data point? To the left, right, or center of the name? Just an awful graph in all aspects.

ADVERTISEMENT