ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Nah. Just calling out the hypocrisy. Don’t be mad at me because you know it’s true. You have no moral high ground. Painter has had a ton of kids arrested for drugs and now has sexual assault issues to deal with. Yeah, great program.

Sexual assault? You think that’s what happened with Haas?

And what’s your definition of “a ton of kids arrested for drugs?” Pretty obvious you’re just trolling at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah, because what Haas did wasn’t that bad. Might want to rethink your response Mike. You’re a bad human for downplaying what he did. Both are extremely bad. Wish I could say I expect more from Purdue fans but it’s clear I cant.

He literally showed old posts where he said it was serious and if true, that Haas should be prosecuted. Where is he downplaying it? He’s simply saying what Haas did doesn’t compare to what Appling and Payne did which is true. They’re not comparable at all.

How the hell is the coaching staff supposed to know who Haas sticks his dick in? Lmfao You’re a freak.
Dude you’re f*cking dumb as shit. The coaching staff could have been aware the woman/women were planning on filing a lawsuit prior to it being public. Seriously. I’m sure HaaSTD knew it was coming. My guess is the staff didn’t do anything.

I think you're just fishing here, but you might want to be more careful on this one! If you catch one of those STDs....you might not be able to throw this one back.

Theres been a few times on this forum where you all have criticized my critical thinking abilities lol, but even I thought it was obvious you weren't arguing for it. But instead just trying to clarify the topic.

Btw....imo its completely bullshit that it's not illegal for someone with a known STD not to have to disclose this to a prospective partner. I just don't get it....how can anyone honestly say to themselves that it's not something that legally should be required to be disclosed?
Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to you with that parenthetical.

Yeah, I understand what your trying to do, and I do get it. If I'm correct, you're taking more of the stance that you'd rather punish an innocent person then to take a chance of a guilty one to walk away? That may not be the best analogy, but I think I understand where your coming from...and its definitely a valid argument.

However, I just don't agree. How do we know he did anything that was unbecoming of an athlete/student? Unless were going to say that premarital sex is wrong...I honestly dont understand what he did wrong? I'm honestly not trying to be sarcastic, or argumentative here, but I'm not getting it. If she says something negative happened, but theres zero proof (like scratch marks or bruises) I don't see why/how you can punish someone.

I'm not trying to be an archaic man here, and I have a beautiful wife whose way out of my league and a 19 year old daughter, so I'm trying to be objective and think about them. But, if theres zero evidence then I dont see how its ever okay to punish someone. This isn't because their basketball players, because it goes way beyond any 1 person, or profession! But, how many times have you seen in the past year where a guys career is absolutely shattered in the matter of one allegation from a 130 character tweet?

I'm not talking about the Bill Cosby type of situation. Even without proof, if enough random woman come forward with similar situations....that's good enough for me. But, if you look at someone like Chris Hardwicke(sp?) and his situation, it gets a lot murkier. One past ex said he did all this horrible stuff to her, but multiple other past exs of his came forward and all said theres no way the person they dated could do this. He's screamed about his innocence from day 1 and she couldn't provide any evidence to support her claims.

So, does he deserve to have his career ruined? Because suspending him at all is basically making him radioactive forever. Now, if you are/wanting to say that hes suspended during the investigation....I could get behind this.

That's not quite what I'm saying. If he was guilty of raping the girl he should be kicked off the team and jailed. Sitting him for Conduct Unbecoming doesn't say you think he did it. It's showing that you don't want your players putting themselves in situations like that to begin with. Adrien Payne said the girl said "Stop". The girl says she said "Stop". Is there enough to prosecute a rape case? Maybe not but if I'm a coach I'm not happy that my player didn't "Stop" and teaching him a lesson through sitting him a half or a game doesn't sound harsh.

Reactions: KisteK
Sexual assault? You think that’s what happened with Haas?

And what’s your definition of “a ton of kids arrested for drugs?” Pretty obvious you’re just trolling at this point.
I said alcohol and drugs. Here’s who I’ve got off the top of my head. Could be missing some.

Lewis Jackson
Ryne Cline
DJ Byrd
Kelsey Barlow
Gordon Watt
Keaton Grant

Then throw in Haas and it’s quite the list. Just saying that y’all aren’t really the guys to be criticizing other programs for what they do or don’t do in terms of punishment of players.

I said alcohol and drugs. Here’s who I’ve got off the top of my head. Could be missing some.

Lewis Jackson
Ryne Cline
DJ Byrd
Kelsey Barlow
Gordon Watt
Keaton Grant

Then throw in Haas and it’s quite the list. Just saying that y’all aren’t really the guys to be criticizing other programs for what they do or don’t do in terms of punishment of players.
Yes, six guys arrested for public intox or DUI in 13 years is problematic. It's almost as bad as the 2014 and 2015 calendar years in Bloomington.

Yeah, I understand what your trying to do, and I do get it. If I'm correct, you're taking more of the stance that you'd rather punish an innocent person then to take a chance of a guilty one to walk away? That may not be the best analogy, but I think I understand where your coming from...and its definitely a valid argument.

However, I just don't agree. How do we know he did anything that was unbecoming of an athlete/student? Unless were going to say that premarital sex is wrong...I honestly dont understand what he did wrong? I'm honestly not trying to be sarcastic, or argumentative here, but I'm not getting it. If she says something negative happened, but theres zero proof (like scratch marks or bruises) I don't see why/how you can punish someone.

I'm not trying to be an archaic man here, and I have a beautiful wife whose way out of my league and a 19 year old daughter, so I'm trying to be objective and think about them. But, if theres zero evidence then I dont see how its ever okay to punish someone. This isn't because their basketball players, because it goes way beyond any 1 person, or profession! But, how many times have you seen in the past year where a guys career is absolutely shattered in the matter of one allegation from a 130 character tweet?

I'm not talking about the Bill Cosby type of situation. Even without proof, if enough random woman come forward with similar situations....that's good enough for me. But, if you look at someone like Chris Hardwicke(sp?) and his situation, it gets a lot murkier. One past ex said he did all this horrible stuff to her, but multiple other past exs of his came forward and all said theres no way the person they dated could do this. He's screamed about his innocence from day 1 and she couldn't provide any evidence to support her claims.

So, does he deserve to have his career ruined? Because suspending him at all is basically making him radioactive forever. Now, if you are/wanting to say that hes suspended during the investigation....I could get behind this.

That's not quite what I'm saying. If he was guilty of raping the girl he should be kicked off the team and jailed. Sitting him for Conduct Unbecoming doesn't say you think he did it. It's showing that you don't want your players putting themselves in situations like that to begin with. Adrien Payne said the girl said "Stop". The girl says she said "Stop". Is there enough to prosecute a rape case? Maybe not but if I'm a coach I'm not happy that my player didn't "Stop" and teaching him a lesson through sitting him a half or a game doesn't sound harsh.[/QUOTE

1st. Were completely in agreement if he is convicted of assault or rape.

2nd. I've said many times that I'm ignorant on a lot of the finer details of the case since I don't follow them, so this might be one of those times. But, I thought he had admitted to what you're referring to after his basketball career was over? Or it might have been after the season and the investigation was completed before the start of the following season? However, if I'm incorrect, and the interview had happened DURING the season and Izzo was aware of his answers....then yes I agree and can definitely understand how you came to your conclusion.

Lewis Jackson
Ryne Cline
DJ Byrd
Kelsey Barlow
Gordon Watt
Keaton Grant

Weak list and you know it. Lewjack is the only one that had a serious arrest and that was years after he was already graduated.

Theres been a few times on this forum where you all have criticized my critical thinking abilities lol, but even I thought it was obvious you weren't arguing for it. But instead just trying to clarify the topic.

Btw....imo its completely bullshit that it's not illegal for someone with a known STD not to have to disclose this to a prospective partner. I just don't get it....how can anyone honestly say to themselves that it's not something that legally should be required to be disclosed?
Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to you with that parenthetical.

I didn't take it that way...was just pointing out to you that it didn't seem like you were trying to argue for him in that statement.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler

Lewis Jackson
Ryne Cline
DJ Byrd
Kelsey Barlow
Gordon Watt
Keaton Grant

You said drugs. No mention of alcohol. Weak list.

I just find it beyond hilarious how sanctimonious some of you Purdue poster are in regards to some of the stuff that’s come to light at MSU. You guys don’t have any room to talk. You’ve had multiple players arrested for drugs or alcohol related issues. Now you’ve also had HaaSTD willingly going around infecting girls with an STD. So, any time y’all comment on the MSU stuff in a critical way, may want to do some self reflection on your own program prior to blasting others on what they should or shouldn’t have done.

And in my opinion, what HaaSTD did was as bad or worse than some of the things we’ve heard from MSU players.
@boiler1987 - Sure did. I forgot it in another but clearly stated it here which was before the second reference.

Oh look, it's SNU posting again.
giphy.gif

I don't know when Izzo saw that video of Payne, but if that were my son and I saw that video, he'd be lucky to have even made his next game.

Classes, seminars, volunteer weekends at women's clinics.. whatever it takes for as long as it takes.

Young men with a lot to lose usually act smarter when held accountable and to a higher standard.

I don't know when Izzo saw that video of Payne, but if that were my son and I saw that video, he'd be lucky to have even made his next game.

Classes, seminars, volunteer weekends at women's clinics.. whatever it takes for as long as it takes.

Young men with a lot to lose usually act smarter when held accountable and to a higher standard.

The transcript was released October 1st, 2010 before Appling’s freshman season.

The transcript was released October 1st, 2010 before Appling’s freshman season.

Do we know of any courses or education that may have been pushed onto these guys? It doesn't have to be publicized, but I would hope the coaches did something... Smh

He’s still saying that but as always things can change. I just hope IU gets one of the two.
Is the gist of what Snow is reporting that that Purdue leads with Franklin, Purdue and IU are in a tight race with Newman (with a couple others involved as well), but Franklin would hurt Purdue's chances with Newman?

I'd be ecstatic with a Thompson/Newman/Franklin/Gillis class. Somehow get Malik Hall and wowza.

Reactions: klize17
Is the gist of what Snow is reporting that that Purdue leads with Franklin, Purdue and IU are in a tight race with Newman (with a couple others involved as well), but Franklin would hurt Purdue's chances with Newman?

I'd be ecstatic with a Thompson/Newman/Franklin/Gillis class. Somehow get Malik Hall and wowza.

Yes think he said Purdue had a slight edge with Franklin but not as much as originally thought. They've just said its doubtful both go to the same place since they are too similar of players.

Reactions: SNU0821 and klize17

Bull covered it. Will be interested to see what the Franklin feels are after this weekend.

Yes think he said Purdue had a slight edge with Franklin but not as much as originally thought. They've just said its doubtful both go to the same place since they are too similar of players.
Gotcha, thanks.

I don't really think that they're very similar players, but they both project to play the same position so I could easily see there being some hesitancy of going to the same school. Painter has essentially always used a 3 guard lineup though, so hopefully that is considered.

Do we know of any courses or education that may have been pushed onto these guys? It doesn't have to be publicized, but I would hope the coaches did something... Smh

Nope, and that's the problem. As far as we know Izzo didn't do anything and MSU fans are happy about that.

Nope, and that's the problem. As far as we know Izzo didn't do anything and MSU fans are happy about that.
C’mon, you know that’s not what I said. I’m saying, with the info presented AT THE TIME I agree with the call and understand it.

I’m NOT saying Appling or Payne are good people or didn’t do anything wrong.

I’m saying, if we are going to kick people off the team for a claim when no charges were filed, I disagree with that. That’s wrong. This is a general statement though. That’s just wrong.

C’mon, you know that’s not what I said. I’m saying, with the info presented AT THE TIME I agree with the call and understand it.

I’m saying, if we are going to kick people off the team for a claim when no charges were filed, I disagree with that. That’s wrong. This is a general statement though. That’s just wrong.
Meh, kinda of. No charges being filed doesn't always mean someone's not guilty. Just means, at times, there's simply not enough to charge someone with a crime. Or the evidence isn't strong enough to get a conviction. Doesn't mean your innocent. My issue is why nothing? No suspensions right?

Gotcha, thanks.

I don't really think that they're very similar players, but they both project to play the same position so I could easily see there being some hesitancy of going to the same school. Painter has essentially always used a 3 guard lineup though, so hopefully that is considered.

Yeah not that they're identical, Newman more of a 2, Franklin a bit of a combo, but neither is a surefire 1 or 2 like say a Phinisee or Romeo. They'd still be competing for time with each other.

Why at the time? The interview had already happened and the police transcript was already released.

Coaches bench players for conduct unbecoming of an athlete all the god damn time. Coach belicheck once sat a RB a whole game for being late for practice. I know because my wife started him in fantasy that week. Miss me with the “files have to be charged to teach a lesson” b/s.

You still didn’t answer me about why you lied about no police report being filed.

Meh, kinda of. No charges being filed doesn't always mean someone's not guilty. Just means, at times, there's simply not enough to charge someone with a crime. Or the evidence isn't strong enough to get a conviction. Doesn't mean your innocent. My issue is why nothing? No suspensions right?

Not even an informal first half benching.

Late November/Early December conference games are the greatest thing to happen to B1G hoops since?

A solid month of quality opponents before Christmas

Nov. 14 - MARQUETTE (Gavitt Games)
Nov. 18 - at Arkansas (Hardwood Classic)
Nov. 20 - UT Arlington (Hardwood Classic)
Nov. 23 - UC Davis (Hardwood Classic)
Nov. 27 - at Duke (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)
Dec. 1 - Northwestern
Dec. 4 - at Penn State
Dec. 8 - LOUISVILLE
Dec. 15 - vs. Butler in Indy (Crossroads Classic)

giphy.gif

MSU’s big games in the non conference are
Kansas
UCLA
North Carolina or Texas
At Florida
I have no idea how good Texas is supposed to be this year, you would have to think that Shaka's seat would at least be somewhat warm. Just seems he's still relying on that improbable run from a few years ago. Still a strong schedule as usual from Izzo, that MSU Kansas game should be interesting.

I have no idea how good Texas is supposed to be this year, you would have to think that Shaka's seat would at least be somewhat warm. Just seems he's still relying on that improbable run from a few years ago. Still a strong schedule as usual from Izzo, that MSU Kansas game should be interesting.
I think Texas will be decent this year. Probably not a top 25 team but could give Kansas or somebody from the Big 12 a good game. But I think we beat UCLA, and I assume that North Carolina beats Texas, so we will more than likely play North Carolina, who I think we lose too.

Kansas will more than likely beat us, but as you said, if things go right or could be interesting. Those Lawson twins look great, and I think there center is a monster (can’t shoot free throws to save his life though, cost them the Oklahoma game)

I think Texas will be decent this year. Probably not a top 25 team but could give Kansas or somebody from the Big 12 a good game. But I think we beat UCLA, and I assume that North Carolina beats Texas, so we will more than likely play North Carolina, who I think we lose too.

Kansas will more than likely beat us, but as you said, if things go right or could be interesting. Those Lawson twins look great, and I think there center is a monster (can’t shoot free throws to save his life though, cost them the Oklahoma game)
These are the type of teams Izzo seems to do well with. Not a lot of NBA talent but still a ton of experience.

These are the type of teams Izzo seems to do well with. Not a lot of NBA talent but still a ton of experience.
For sure. We do have 5 Freshman on the roster, so if some of them can contribute that would majorly help us out. We’ll see this year. Should be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT