ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

This is the only Chet I thought existed

SpanishWaryGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Jaycg15 and SNU0821
This may be us knowing we aren’t getting Keion Brooks. It’s looking less and less likely

I do think IU ends up with Brooks in the long run, but we are being told that the only for sure official visits will be Indiana and Michigan State. A long, long way to go with the recruitment. I think Hall is just a pretty damn good player and you have the connection with

1oktpo.jpg

Reactions: SNU0821
I do think IU ends up with Brooks in the long run, but we are being told that the only for sure official visits will be Indiana and Michigan State. A long, long way to go with the recruitment. I think Hall is just a pretty damn good player and you have the connection with

1oktpo.jpg

Laughing Had to reverse image search to figure out what this meant. How could I even forget?

3 ninjas!

1oktpo.jpg
I would be extremely happy with him, no doubt. Rated pretty highly, 50-75ish. There’s just not a ton coming out of the Brooks camp. Could be Kentucky? Who knows, I just don’t feel good about this one for MSU

Would love to have a guy like Malik Hall on the team though.

While not the best shooter, he has great handles for his size and is great at taking people off the dribble and finishing around the rim, something MSU lacked this past season.

I would be extremely happy with him, no doubt. Rated pretty highly, 50-75ish. There’s just not a ton coming out of the Brooks camp. Could be Kentucky? Who knows, I just don’t feel good about this one for MSU

Not sure how much UK with their recent commitments though the kid from Kentucky will most likely be a redshirt candidate. I like IU in the end with their recruiting strategy and connections with his father.

I like Tillman a lot but frankly, I don't see him playing alongside Ward much. I think he spends more time fighting Ward for PT at the 5. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up playing as many minutes or more than Ward.
Unfortunately for us, with the new emphasis on spacing, it just isn’t viable to play them together.

Tillman has shown some ability to spread the floor this offseason according to some, but I’ll believe when I see it.

I like Tillman a lot but frankly, I don't see him playing alongside Ward much. I think he spends more time fighting Ward for PT at the 5. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up playing as many minutes or more than Ward.

I think they'll each get about 20 minutes per game. I could see a few minutes per game where they're both out there, but the majority is going to be one or the other. 20mpg isn't that unrealistic anyway, as Ward averaged 19.8mpg as a Fresh and 18.9mpg last season. Even if he gets 22-24mpg, I think Tillman could handle 16-18mpg at the 5 and a few at the 4 (if he can guard opposing 4's).

I will say that I hope we play more guard/wing oriented this year. Cash + 3 of: Langford, McQuaid, Henry, Brown, Ahrens, Loyer

There will be a few MPG for Bingham and Kithier, as well. Izzo loves to trust Goins, so he'll see some minutes at the 4 and 5.

Reactions: KisteK and MGC_07
A lot on insiders, national and MSU, are feeling quite confident about MSU’s chances with Timme. If we could get him, and then pair him with one of Isiaiah Stewart or a Vernon Carey, that could be a deadly frontcourt.

A lot on insiders, national and MSU, are feeling quite confident about MSU’s chances with Timme. If we could get him, and then pair him with one of Isiaiah Stewart or a Vernon Carey, that could be a deadly frontcourt.

Ehh... still a while to go most likely. Even Timme himself said that his "top 10" is just his top 10 for right now. Other schools can move up into the Top 10 (coughDukecough).

I think Duke is going full bore for Stewart. Seems like he's their main priority for the class.

Reactions: KisteK and MGC_07
Ehh... still a while to go most likely. Even Timme himself said that his "top 10" is just his top 10 for right now. Other schools can move up into the Top 10 (coughDukecough).

I think Duke is going full bore for Stewart. Seems like he's their main priority for the class.
Heard we are going full force for Timme now. Agree that it probably won’t be for a while but some insiders down in Texas are reporting that we are in great shape right now.

Would absolutely love Stewart. If Duke lands him though, he and Carey can’t play the same position, so that would help out our odds with Carey, and vice versa. Both are top 5 prospects and would be extremely happy with both, but I’d give it a 30% chance that we land either of them.

They s
Compare the graduation rates and arrests between the bully known as Robert Montgomery Knight and the nice guy known as Clappy the fvcking Clown. Which way works?
Crean is nice? Heard he is a first class ass. Or just really weird, if u want to be nice. I can think of a hundred coaches I would rather meet.

Tillman should have a very nice college trajectory. I could see a similar arc to Draymond without the passing and assist ability.

If you were to ask me his numbers for the season, I would say 24/8/7 (min/points/boards).

5 Star PG Josiah James just released his top 4.
MSU
Duke
Tennessee
Clemson.

Legacy recruit for us and would love to have him.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT