ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Better chance of being JUST like your Arizona take. There isn’t any logical, factual information or even a hot take that would lead anyone to believe Langford won’t be on the All Freshman team. Literally like none.

PS, I cant post on GBI. I haven’t been able to for years.

So just PM me then. I try to avoid this thread.

Says he won't interact with people here. Continues to interact with people here.

You know Klize, youve spent the better part of, what, the past 3 years or more telling me Im an idiot, a Purdue slappy, a troll, etc. Youve said the board and thread would be better if I left.

Well, I finally leave and then you proceed to mention or tag me multiple times. You follow me over to a board about Purdue sports, come back here and mention and tag me trying to bait me back. Same with Snu.

If you guys think Im an idiot and dont want me here, then quit trying to drag me over here. Im not interested in posting over here, yet I get tagged here and then discussed daily.

Again, If Im such an idiot, why does my opinion on a PURDUE board matter to you?

Find someone else to argue with.

You know Klize, youve spent the better part of, what, the past 3 years or more telling me Im an idiot, a Purdue slappy, a troll, etc. Youve said the board and thread would be better if I left.

Well, I finally leave and then you proceed to mention or tag me multiple times. You follow me over to a board about Purdue sports, come back here and mention and tag me trying to bait me back. Same with Snu.

If you guys think Im an idiot and dont want me here, then quit trying to drag me over here. Im not interested in posting over here, yet I get tagged here and then discussed daily.

Again, If Im such an idiot, why does my opinion on a PURDUE board matter to you?

Drag you over? No ones forcing you to post. Take responsibility for your own actions in life.

Drag you over? No ones forcing you to post. Take responsibility for your own actions in life.

Well dont sit here and whine when you guys obsess over me and I respond by telling you Im not interested in your opinions. I'm not interested in arguing with you guys everyday, so you'll have to find someone else to be your huckleberry.

Don’t think I have ever called you an idiot. It’s possible for sure but don’t think I have. You tried to not act like a Purdue homer (just a B1G fan) but then they lost a game and you threatened to kill everyone got banned and reappeared as your current name. You are a troll. This thread is better without you.

I have never followed you to a board. I have been reading GBI for over 10 years. My only post to you on that board was a hello after you got so rattled you tagged me in a post there. I then made a post here tagging you which I deleted, because it was in bad taste. You have been discussed here but don’t act like it’s daily or that anyone really gives a shit. It’s the off-season people are bored.

Hopefully IU pulls out of the Crossroads Classic soon. I love the event and its a great time in downtown Indianapolis, but its run its course unless IU gets more of the gate.
Translation...
IU fan tired of getting ass smoked in CC. Also should consider pulling out of B1G and B1G Tourney, also NCAA tourney, NIT - basically basketball in general. It’s run it course- hell it ran its course 3 decades ago. Maybe the WWE could fit you in a PPV event to generate cash.

Well dont sit here and whine when you guys obsess over me and I respond by telling you Im not interested in your opinions. I'm not interested in arguing with you guys everyday, so you'll have to find someone else to be your huckleberry.

You act like you haven’t read this board every day since Arizona got smoked

Translation...
IU fan tired of getting ass smoked in CC. Also should consider pulling out of B1G and B1G Tourney, also NCAA tourney, NIT - basically basketball in general. It’s run it course- hell it ran its course 3 decades ago. Maybe the WWE could fit you in a PPV event to generate cash.

Check Crossroads Classic records chiefy. Indiana has won 3 out of 4

When IU fills 75% of the stadium they need 75% of the gate. Instead of filling the pockets of Notre Dame when IU buys all their tickets. Most Butler fans buy tickets just to sell to IU fans.

Reactions: SNU0821 and Da_Bull
FTR I miss you @Mgkcbb and please come back. The trolls are multiplying. Need more advanced stats and fresh takes and less lemmings jumping over cliffs.

Reactions: mathboy
Purdue fans go to the 1 hour 4 minute mark of this video and watch to see a bad beat. Most Indiana football thing ever

Reactions: SNU0821

When IU fills 75% of the stadium they need 75% of the gate. Instead of filling the pockets of Notre Dame when IU buys all their tickets. Most Butler fans buy tickets just to sell to IU fans.
IU deserves 100% of the gate. The only reason anyone shows up is to glimpse the greatness of IU and possibly gain insight from the most knowledgeable fanbase in world. Then again maybe we could forego that opportunity and invite PFW or ISU instead. Probably would provide a more competitive environment an IU could get its ass handed to it by KU or UK instead of Butler or ND. Win Win for everyone. Side benefit - less asshats in Indy that weekend.

IU deserves 100% of the gate. The only reason anyone shows up is to glimpse the greatness of IU and possibly gain insight from the most knowledgeable fanbase in world. Then again maybe we could forego that opportunity and invite PFW or ISU instead. Probably would provide a more competitive environment an IU could get its ass handed to it by KU or UK instead of Butler or ND. Win Win for everyone. Side benefit - less asshats in Indy that weekend.

Sorry to tell you Pig but there is only a Crossroads Classic if Indiana is involved.

Why are you so mad, that I think it would be better for IU to play in Lucas Oil Stadium with 50,000 plus split down the middle with UK? .

IU also has won 2 out of 3 vs UK since 2011

Reactions: jimmygoiu

Pig is really of his rocker. Making stuff up like IU struggling in the CC.

I wonder if that’s why he thinks Painter is so good. In his reality Painter has been past the Sweet 16.

Pig is really of his rocker. Making stuff up like IU struggling in the CC.

I wonder if that’s why he thinks Painter is so good. In his reality Painter has been past the Sweet 16.

I mean IU is 4-3. They haven't been "great" by any means. Purdue is 2-5 by the way.

I just personally think it doesn't do anything for IU the program. It is great for the city and always a great Saturday. I just think it has run its course and IU can do better financially elsewhere. When your football program sucks and you rely on basketball you have to make decisions.

I do think the UK series will be back on the books maybe as soon as next year with the Louisville series being finished after this year.

If you weren't interested then why are you reading and responding?

I mean IU is 4-3. They haven't been "great" by any means. Purdue is 2-5 by the way.

I just personally think it doesn't do anything for IU the program. It is great for the city and always a great Saturday. I just think it has run its course and IU can do better financially elsewhere. When your football program sucks and you rely on basketball you have to make decisions.

I do think the UK series will be back on the books maybe as soon as next year with the Louisville series being finished after this year.
I ain’t mad. I am sorry to break it to you but if a fun event in Indy that allows easy access to see local teams doesn’t work for IU I seriously doubt anything will work. If IUs athletic bottom line is affected by one game then what ails IU won’t be fixed by a PPV event. To be fair I enjoyed the UK IU game because of the regional aspect. Could give two shits about a IU playing a Duke or KU - that’s just manufactured bs with no meat. The champions classic is a perfect example - not sure why those teams have been designated as champions - fully expect Villanova to be in a real champions classic. Not IU or MSU.

I believe At next summers e3 there will be rumblings about the next gen systems. I don't even know what a PS4 still cost.

Looks like $300.00. Yeah might be best just to wait it out at this point. Pick up a 4 when the next console comes out.

Me too man. Me too. Best game ever. Loved the recruiting.

For sure. I’d simulate the whole season just to do recruiting. I love when you’d get a stud athlete who was like an 85 overall grade at like any position so you could put him wherever the hell you wanted.

I miss creating a kicker and setting his passing attributes through the roof but his kicking attributes would suck. Nobody would recruit him and then during off season workouts I would change his position to QB.

Is it really a money issue for Indiana on whether to stay or leave Crossroads? If it is, stop paying IPFW and Indiana State hundreds of thousands of dollars to dumptruck you on your home court. There, your financial problems are solved.

Thing is, I don't think it's a money issue, that's just some lame excuse to get out of a good event that's good for the state. It's one of those things where they still think, even after being a .500 program these last 15 years, they are somehow above playing Notre Dame and Butler. Just play in the event, enjoy the home court advantage vs. a good opponent and stfu

Is it really a money issue for Indiana on whether to stay or leave Crossroads? If it is, stop paying IPFW and Indiana State hundreds of thousands of dollars to dumptruck you on your home court. There, your financial problems are solved.

Thing is, I don't think it's a money issue, that's just some lame excuse to get out of a good event that's good for the state. It's one of those things where they still think, even after being a .500 program these last 15 years, they are somehow above playing Notre Dame and Butler. Just play in the event, enjoy the home court advantage vs. a good opponent and stfu

Savage

Bmore, I now have to reset my counter to 0 days since being tagged by a different poster in this thread.

While I appreciate how much you all miss my posting and are clamoring for my unlikely return, Id like to direct you to my earlier response on the matter good buddy:
No Langford on a preseason All-Frosh team is, well, just dumb. If he was at Pirdie, not only would you have him listed, bit you'd have him not only ad FOY, but BTPOY. Solid trolling though.
Secondly, it's quite evident you've never seennthis kid play [outside of SAY AAU ]. To call him a "limited scorer" shows your ignorance of his abilities. His shooting from "3" wasn t great ; A streaky shootet. But his ability to score off the bounce, in traffic, etc, etc..is at an elite level. Pretty sure that's why most experts labeled him as the best scoring guard in this class.
A+ on the trolling.
Two F's on the knowledge.

Any time someone starts to quote his shooting % in high school as a reason he isn't a good shooter without acknowledging that he was usually guarded by 3 people...is just laughable.

I've seen him play 7 separate times living in Clarksville, I can confirm that his shooting abilities isn't a concern. When he was actually only guarded by 1 person, it seemed his numbers were just fine. Also throw in the fact that a decent % of his shots were 2 or 3 steps behind the line so he could get the shot off before the triple team got to him is another reason his numbers might be down.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

He has said the same exact thing before. It’s big fat yawn at this point. IU holds all the cards for that event.

With two less non conference games, if it becomes a Crossroads Classic or neutral site with UK I take UK all day. If they feel they can and want to do both I am okay with that as well. The 25% split between the four schools is a joke though.

Savage

Not really. IU brings overwhelmingly the most fans, and it's not even close tbh. Theres zero reason for the funds to be evenly split.

The only way I would want us to leave it is if we intend to get a perennial top 10 team on the schedule in place of that game. If the BIG hadn't gone to a 20 game schedule, it wouldn't even be in the conversation. But, neither Butler, or Notre dame can be considered a top 10 team every year.

So, if the plan is to replace that game with a game against Kentucky, Kansas or Arizona (assuming everything gets cleared there), then I'm all for it. However, if it's to schedule anything below a top 10 team, then I'd like to see it keep going. Overall, it's great for the state, but it does help the other 3 teams more then it helps IU.

Wow...really surprised that IU didn't get mentioned in A. Harris top 4 tonight! Rabjohns is saying that he still feels confident that IU will end up getting that 5th official. But if I'm being honest, it was a major shocker they they weren't listed tonight.

I actually was thinking that IU was either leading, or very close to leading fid him.

Wow...really surprised that IU didn't get mentioned in A. Harris top 4 tonight! Rabjohns is saying that he still feels confident that IU will end up getting that 5th official. But if I'm being honest, it was a major shocker they they weren't listed tonight.

I actually was thinking that IU was either leading, or very close to leading fid him.

My thought is it explains why IU pushed to get the Franklin visit moved up.

Also not out of the party yet but seems weird. I do take everything with recruiting with a massive grain of salt. It’s fun to read and discuss but most don’t know what a kid will do. Even if they have a close source things can change in a second

Yeah it is just a bit. Sounds like he didn't quite have the academic requirements to get into Cal. I'll take him back with open arms though. He can't be any worse than Bakary Konate.

Geno Crandall kind of f'ed us a little bit, since he backed out of his word that he would commit if Pitino opened up a spot for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT