ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Fran is 67-75 against B1G teams in his 8 years at Iowa. Congrats on some streak that means nothing
correctioin Fran is 64-67 after 8 seasons. and that is better than Indiana's golden boy SA with 61 wins in 8 seasons.

correctioin Fran is 64-67 after 8 seasons. and that is better than Indiana's golden boy SA with 61 wins in 8 seasons.

Fran is 68-76 in the regular season his Wikipedia page was incorrect.

Trust me I know Steve Alford sucks as a coach. He is worse than Crean, sorry your shitty AD fell for it

ESPN probably had a Tiger resurgence article written up already.
And then he fell apart.
Tiger gets 1 shot back and now is in 8th place 1 shot out of 2nd place, so not so fast my friend on Tiger falling apart, as he is still at even par for the day. which is better than most.

SA was 61-67(.477), Fran is 67-75(.472) after 8 years.

Well shit apparently wikipedia is wrong
well shit I guess they are. with 28 of those losses coming in 2 season, but so are you as his record is 68-76. take out his 1st season and his last Fran was 60-48 vs his 8-28 record.

Fran is 68-76 in the regular season his Wikipedia page was incorrect.

Trust me I know Steve Alford sucks as a coach. He is worse than Crean, sorry your shitty AD fell for it
no kidding Booby the Commissioner of the B12 ran Davis off and hired SA saying Iowa fans deserved BT and National championships,
it was boobsie who cost Iowa Collison and Hinrich as Davis was a lame duck coach. neither knew who the coach was going to be when they signed with Kansas.

oh look its the big baby of this thread.
Says the guy who complains about the officiating......WIN HIS team is WINNING.RollLaugh
If i were you, I'd just start rooting for Iowa State. . More likely to see an NCAAT appearance with them. Hell even Northern Iowa. Hawkeye's are hot garbage.

well shit I guess they are. with 28 of those losses coming in 2 season, but so are you as his record is 68-76. take out his 1st season and his last Fran was 60-48 vs his 8-28 record.

Fran sucks

giphy.gif

Reactions: SNU0821
Well shit...how about we just omit his entire career at Iowa, and just count his time at Sienna??? He won 70% of his games there. RollLaughBig boy basketball is just to much for Franny. I mean dude---He's lost 13 or more games in 6 of his 8 seasons at Iowa. 15 or more 4 times. But hey, its your story. Tell it like you want.

Well shit...how about we just omit his entire career at Iowa, and just count his time at Sienna??? He won 70% of his games there. RollLaughBig boy basketball is just to much for Franny. I mean dude---He's lost 13 or more games in 6 of his 8 seasons at Iowa. 15 or more 4 times. But hey, its your story. Tell it like you want.
to bad you ignore the fact that he doesn't crean players nor does he bring in players kicked off their precious team for legal issues, nor does the state of Iowa during his 1st 6 years produce the talent that Indiana or Ohio and most of the other states that have BT teams have. right now Carton of 2019 who moved here from New Orleans is a 5*.

then in 2020 Foster will be the 1st home grown 5* since Barnes who was gone long before Fran took over.

put him in a state loaded with talent and his success rate improves.

like it or not going by ESPN there are 4 top 100 4* players with 2 4* just outside their top100 giving Fran his 1st loaded team going forward.

to bad you ignore the fact that he doesn't crean players nor does he bring in players kicked off their precious team for legal issues, nor does the state of Iowa during his 1st 6 years produce the talent that Indiana or Ohio and most of the other states that have BT teams have. right now Carton of 2019 who moved here from New Orleans is a 5*.

then in 2020 Foster will be the 1st home grown 5* since Barnes who was gone long before Fran took over.

put him in a state loaded with talent and his success rate improves.

like it or not going by ESPN there are 4 top 100 4* players with 2 4* just outside their top100 giving Fran his 1st loaded team going forward.
Not sure if your aware of this---But Tom Crean no longer coaches at Indiana. Not sure why you mention him???
Also, Carton committed to Ohio State.

Put him in a state loaded with talent, and his success will improve? Yeah, that sure has crippled Calipari. And Wisconsin. Killed Pitino at UL. Only if Jay Wright could coach at a TX, UCLA, etc, etc...He'd probably have two titles in the past 3 seasons. Oh, wait. And poor, poor Bill Self. If only he too could coach in a state loaded with talent. Maybe that explains is lack if success at Kansas???

Dude you are loaded with excuses. Frans had multiple teams with very good talent. He just simply cannot coach. And you'll see that once again this year.

I read this as admitting that Iowa sucks: no talent grows there.
Bucky, dude is a die hard. I will give him that. Iowa's had the talent to compete; they do so again this year. He(Fran) just isn't a good coach.

I half expect him to come back with a list of Iowa-grown D1 players to prove me wrong for saying Iowa doesn't produce talent. That dude just loves a good (or bad) debate.

Bucky, dude is a die hard. I will give him that. Iowa's had the talent to compete; they do so again this year. He(Fran) just isn't a good coach.

Not sure if your aware of this---But Tom Crean no longer coaches at Indiana. Not sure why you mention him???
Also, Carton committed to Ohio State.

Put him in a state loaded with talent, and his success will improve? Yeah, that sure has crippled Calipari. And Wisconsin. Killed Pitino at UL. Only if Jay Wright could coach at a TX, UCLA, etc, etc...He'd probably have two titles in the past 3 seasons. Oh, wait. And poor, poor Bill Self. If only he too could coach in a state loaded with talent. Maybe that explains is lack if success at Kansas???

Dude you are loaded with excuses. Frans had multiple teams with very good talent. He just simply cannot coach. And you'll see that once again this year.
these were those talented players
unranked 3* Marble ended up 1st team all BT 2nd round NBA pick
unranked 3* White ended up 1st team all BT 2nd round NBA Pick
3* by Rivals and 4* by ESPN 1st team all BT 2nd team AA
Unranked 3* Jok 1st team All BT

then there was instate top 50 Woodbury along with 4* Gesell from Nebraska who has 4 year starter recorded the 3rd most wins in Iowa's history when they have had 4 year starters.

yeah I can really tell that Fran can't coach or develop players.Sick

It wasn't just one time.... Has Turge ever won a game as big as @ a ranked UNC?

Yea he beat Duke when they were number 2. Go back to sucking @FrancisMcCaffery millimeter peter.

Edit: beaten number 2 ranked Duke twice. Number 5 ranked UVA. Beat Wiconsin when they were number 5. Oh yea and BEAT IOWA WHEN THEY WERE RANKED #3.

So yea our ****** has had some big wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwardelt
I half expect him to come back with a list of Iowa-grown D1 players to prove me wrong for saying Iowa doesn't produce talent. That dude just loves a good (or bad) debate.
I consider a state that produce 4 and 5* talent to give any coach a shot at a constant edge.

here are the 4* players from the state of Iowa in Fran's 8 seasons
10-11 no 4* or 5* players
11-12 4* by ESPN 3* by Rivals Uthoff who went to Wisconsin before he came back
12-13 4* top 50 Woodbury. 4* top 50 Paige who went to UNCheats
13-14 no 4 or 5* players
14-15 no 4* players
15-16 Bohannon by ESPN 3* by Rivals
16-17 Connor McCaffery top 100 4* by ESPN just outside Rivals top 100
17-18 Wieskamp top 100 by ESPN #42 by Rivals
the last 2 have yet to play

also these were the other 4*'s in the 17-18 class
AJ Green who committed to UNI because his father works for UNI and he grew up within 10 minutes of their campus.

sorry but Iowa does not produce the talent other teams have.

Yea he beat Duke when they were number 2. Go back to sucking @FrancisMcCaffery millimeter peter.
I was just looking through Maryland's record since joining Big10. Maryland has beaten a total of three ranked Big10 teams. #3 Iowa and #18 Purdue in 2015 and #5 Wisconsin in 2014.

Since 2014 Iowa has Big10 regular season wins over #24 Maryland #17 Purdue and #22 Wisconsin in 2016.
#1 Michigan State, #14 Purdue, #4 Michigan State, #22 Purdue in 2015.
#20 OSU, #17 Maryland in 2014

So who really sucks? Turge or McCaffrey?

I was just looking through Maryland's record since joining Big10. Maryland has beaten a total of three ranked Big10 teams. #3 Iowa and #18 Purdue in 2015 and #5 Wisconsin in 2014.

Since 2014 Iowa has Big10 regular season wins over #24 Maryland #17 Purdue and #22 Wisconsin in 2016.
#1 Michigan State, #14 Purdue, #4 Michigan State, #22 Purdue in 2015.
#20 OSU, #17 Maryland in 2014

So who really sucks? Turge or McCaffrey?

They both do

ADVERTISEMENT