ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

PU & IU fans - What are everyone’s thoughts on Franklin and Newman? Who gets who? Do we get either of them? Who’s better? Who fits better in which program?

Discuss...
I don't follow recruiting all that close. Players are going to end up, where they end up. I don't have the interest or patience for something that's longer than the season itself. I check in here to see what you guys have to say and get a good laugh or two along the way.
How many wins will ("your" team here) earn in the regular season?

Rank these teams in order how you expect them to finish in the B1G
Minnesota
Indiana
Purdue
Indiana - don't think the schedule is finalized yet but I'll say 21
Purdue
Minny

Reactions: KisteK
Agree 100%. Not a knock either, But if a team with Carsen Edwards, and Carsen Edawrds only, is better than a team with Morgan, Langford, Green, Davis, Smith---along with the best class in the Big 10, then Miller isn't the coach I thought.
Borden, you say you went to NA. There was a pitcher there with the last name Rice who was a decent prospect at the time. Know him?

Borden, you say you went to NA. There was a pitcher there with the last name Rice who was a decent prospect at the time. Know him?
Yes I do. Very good pitcher. First name was Jason. I played baseball as well.:D He and Rush made quite the duo.

Agree 100%. Not a knock either, But if a team with Carsen Edwards, and Carsen Edawrds only, is better than a team with Morgan, Langford, Green, Davis, Smith---along with the best class in the Big 10, then Miller isn't the coach I thought.
Think Purdue will have more than 1 productive player but I’m a homer. I know, I know, lost 4 seniors so everyone else in the program automatically sucks.

Yes I do. Very good pitcher. First name was Jason. I played baseball as well.:D He and Rush made quite the duo.
Yeah, I thought you played too. We might have played against each other and didn't know it. I went to Bloomington South and we'd always play a doubleheader against you guys each season. I still have my scrapbook and dug it out. And yes Jason was his first name. I left that part out just in case it was you, so it wasn't broadcasted on here.

I also use to play in some softball tourneys down that way for state qualifiers several years ago. I know the area fairly well.

giphy.gif
oh shit my bad

Reactions: bMORE607
Sounds like Franklin is a Purdue lean. He’s confirmed he’s officially visiting Purdue & “maybe” Clemson & Xavier.
I thought Franklin was really high on Xavier. IU is getting an official as well.

Until next offseason when you talk about how much better next year's roster in than this years.

Yeah, I thought you played too. We might have played against each other and didn't know it. I went to Bloomington South and we'd always play a doubleheader against you guys each season. I still have my scrapbook and dug it out. And yes Jason was his first name. I left that part out just in case it was you, so it wasn't broadcasted on here.

I also use to play in some softball tourneys down that way for state qualifiers several years ago. I know the area fairly well.
I threw against you guys as a sophomore. You had a lefty who hit a ball on the top of the apartment complex, in right field, off of me. A fvking bomb. We had some good teams. I ended up transferring to Borden. What would have been my senior year, New Albany went to the semi-state; lost to Evs. Memorial.

I thought Franklin was really high on Xavier. IU is getting an official as well.
Just read what @B-Westy read and can see why he’s taking that stance. 2 weeks ago I thought he was Xavier bound but all of a sudden I would as well put Purdue as the favorite unless something else changes.

Just going by what was posted less than 24hours ago. “I think I’m going to do Purude, IU, Xavier and maybe Clemson,”

I saw the post and Purdue people talk shit about biased questions my god. Brian threw the kid a softball

Think Purdue will have more than 1 productive player but I’m a homer. I know, I know, lost 4 seniors so everyone else in the program automatically sucks.
Where did I say that? Cline is solid. So is Haarms. Eastern has potential. I think Hunter will have his moments. But make no mistake, you guys will go as far as Edwards takes you. That's all I meant by it. I just think we have a lot more options, and experience. Morgan, Smith, Langford and if healthy, Davis. Green can be really good at times. I think Hunter will be an immediate impact player. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Guess I could've wored it better.

Reactions: SNU0821
Asked if that means anything about Purdue

Verbatim from the post I read
True it may kind of been a softball but it was the 2nd time he said definitely Purdue and today said maybe Xavier and Clemson. I think we’re reading way too much into what an 18 year old says anyway but he went on to assert that something in the June unofficial visit may have changed things. Either way I presumed he was all but an Xavier lock and no longer feel that way. I bet he goes to Oregon :(

Reactions: klize17
Kid is telling IU reporters one thing and PU reporters another not sure what that means
Yup. Brian is sooooooo unbiased. Don’t ever forget it. Rabjohns is claiming Franklin’s mother said he’s visiting IU, so there’s that.

True it may kind of been a softball but it was the 2nd time he said definitely Purdue and today said maybe Xavier and Clemson. I think we’re reading way too much into what an 18 year old says anyway but he went on to assert that something in the June unofficial visit may have changed things. Either way I presumed he was all but an Xavier lock and no longer feel that way. I bet he goes to Oregon :(

Lol on the Oregon. He is a Midwest kid I feel. I am fine with Purdue taking Franklin because that takes them out of Newman who for IU I like better

Read today that Franklin is seen as a better overall player but I like Newman for his shooting

Yup. Brian is sooooooo unbiased. Don’t ever forget it. Rabjohns is claiming Franklin’s mother said he’s visiting IU, so there’s that.
I will stick up for Brian Neubert til the day I die boy.

Lol on the Oregon. He is a Midwest kid I feel. I am fine with Purdue taking Franklin because that takes them out of Newman who for IU I like better

Read today that Franklin is seen as a better overall player but I like Newman for his shooting
I always kind of preferred Newman as well because I thought he was a far superior shooter/defender but it kind of sounds like that may not indeed be the case. Honestly I’d just be happy if Purdue snags either of them.

Reactions: KisteK

Why I like Newman better: we’re gonna need a solid shooter after Romeo leaves. I think Phinisee will have us covered very well at point by that time

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
Why I like Newman better: we’re gonna need a solid shooter after Romeo leaves. I think Phinisee will have us covered very well at point by that time
Anderson can shoot it. Improved a ton. SO can Hunter. But yeah, its why I want Newman as well. But don't sleep on Anderson. Kid can shoot.

Reactions: PCPrincipal
I saw the post and Purdue people talk shit about biased questions my god. Brian threw the kid a softball
I call out IU reporters because they are mostly homers. Here I agree with you. He's also reading way too much into the word "maybe" lately. Seems like the last several recruits, if they say "maybe" it's some kind of big deal. No, it's a teenager

Reactions: klize17
I call out IU reporters because they are mostly homers. Here I agree with you. He's also reading way too much into the word "maybe" lately. Seems like the last several recruits, if they say "maybe" it's some kind of big deal. No, it's a teenager

I knew I liked you

Haven't mentioned Michigan football this offseason at all. I learned my lesson. You, on the other hand, have not.
How do you know? Is the 2018-19 season over? And it took you four summers. Not just one. You rode UM football's dick every August. Especially so after they hired your idle Harbarf. Then after two years of "meh" under Jimmy, you finally shut the hell up.

IU will be just fine.

Damezi looked SO smooth in the latest scrimmage video.. he might be the most underrated player of this IU class
He's really solid man. He and Hunter both. Langford signing , as expected, has simply overshadowed these two. Folks will be surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT