ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

I'm kind of in the wait and see stage for Archie. I think he's a good coach, now I need to see him beat some good, ranked teams.
That is the question. If I'm not mistaken, IU didn't beat a single NCAA tournament team last year, did they? With a quick look, I only see three wins over KenPom top 80 teams.

That is the question. If I'm not mistaken, IU didn't beat a single NCAA tournament team last year, did they? With a quick look, I only see three wins over KenPom top 80 teams.
Black-Kid-Is-Blown-Away-By-The-Awesomeness.gif

With a team losing three players to the pros I will take his 16-15 record, but yeah losses to Indiana State and IPFW better be no more and multiple wins against NCAA tournament teams is a must this year.

The non conference schedule is about as tough as they come, so the opportunities are there. I think another year in the system and better guard play will take this team where most IU fans think it should go.

Last edited:
Reactions: SNU0821
Alright I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time now and finally decided to subscribe. Also here to make sure no minority groups are being marginalized on these boards so watch your microaggressions at all times!

Alright I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time now and finally decided to subscribe. Also here to make sure no minority groups are being marginalized on these boards so watch your microaggressions at all times!
Finally, a new account that is without a doubt NOT Gil.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
PU & IU fans - What are everyone’s thoughts on Franklin and Newman? Who gets who? Do we get either of them? Who’s better? Who fits better in which program?

Discuss...
Sounds like Franklin is a Purdue lean. He’s confirmed he’s officially visiting Purdue & “maybe” Clemson & Xavier.

PU & IU fans - What are everyone’s thoughts on Franklin and Newman? Who gets who? Do we get either of them? Who’s better? Who fits better in which program?

Discuss...

Would rather get Newman if I had to choose between the two.. I’m all aboard the Phinisee train, I think he’s going to be a lot better than his rankings suggest.

Sounds like Franklin is a Purdue lean. He’s confirmed he’s officially visiting Purdue & “maybe” Clemson & Xavier.

He's confirmed Purdue, IU, Xavier and maybe Clemson.

I'd say we'll probably split the two. Just don't know which.

He's confirmed Purdue, IU, Xavier and maybe Clemson.

I'd say we'll probably split the two. Just don't know which.
He was asked today about visits again and he just said Purdue for sure & “maybe” Clemson & Xavier. Didn’t mention IU. Not reading too much into that, but he said IU last week and now didn’t mention them.

I’d anticipate Osu being thought of as a bottom tier B10 team this season. Not sure it’s possible for them to be a disappointment
Yep, agree on the bottom half. My reasoning was for the major drop off in the standings. Same with Purdue. Both teams tied for second last year will drop several spots this season.
Maryland was in there for a different reason. Think they finish outside top 5 even though most people will have them top 3. I don't dislike any of these teams. Just couldn't conjure up a good reason to include anybody else at this point.

Yep, agree on the bottom half. My reasoning was for the major drop off in the standings. Same with Purdue. Both teams tied for second last year will drop several spots this season.
Maryland was in there for a different reason. Think they finish outside top 5 even though most people will have them top 3. I don't dislike any of these teams. Just couldn't conjure up a good reason to include anybody else at this point.

giphy.gif

Reactions: KisteK and WheelerG
He was asked today about visits again and he just said Purdue for sure & “maybe” Clemson & Xavier. Didn’t mention IU. Not reading too much into that, but he said IU last week and now didn’t mention them.

Just going by what was posted less than 24hours ago. “I think I’m going to do Purude, IU, Xavier and maybe Clemson,”

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
They did not. But to me, thats not that important. Now, if he isn't beating NCAAT caliber teams this year...I'm going to worry. Not a lot. But the worry will be there. And certainly so if we are having this convo in year 3. I'm not into moral victories, BUT.....last years team did improve drastically from Game 1 to Game 30; yes we fell flat on our face to end the year. But it still remains: That team got a ton better. Played you guys very well. IMO, possibly the best coached game Archie had. A very good game plan I felt. Played Duke well. And UL. ANd MSU. Could've beaten any of the four. And IF we had, then the conversation is totally different. But hey, at the end of the day, "What If's" don't cut it. I;ve had enough of that. But I do believe IU got it right this time around. Feel very confident that Miller is going to win a ton of games at Indiana. A ton.

Would rather get Newman if I had to choose between the two.. I’m all aboard the Phinisee train, I think he’s going to be a lot better than his rankings suggest.
Phinisee is going to be a really, really good PG. He's perfect for Miller, and his system. I worked a ton of his games. Very smart. Makes really good decisions. Does his job, and doesn't try and do what he cannot. He's a better scorer than what most think. IMO, he'll be the starting PG by conference time.

Reactions: PCPrincipal
If Purdue is better than IU on the court this year then Archie is not who I think he is and that isn't a knock on Purdue.
Agree 100%. Not a knock either, But if a team with Carsen Edwards, and Carsen Edawrds only, is better than a team with Morgan, Langford, Green, Davis, Smith---along with the best class in the Big 10, then Miller isn't the coach I thought.

ADVERTISEMENT