ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Thought Teske was UM’s starting center, no?
Zavier Simpson- Poole- Matthews- Livers,?

The comment they refer to when I said Michigan’s bench could beat some starting lineups was under way he hypothetical of Matthews and Wagner returning.

Teske Johns and Brazdeikas would all start for Illinois, no?
Teske yes. You're only starting 1 of Brazdeikis or Johns on Illinois, not both. Kipper Nichols would start over Johns.

Combine our lineups, and this is what it would look like:

Ayo
Frazier
Nichols
Brazdeikis
Teske

Teske yes. You're only starting 1 of Brazdeikis or Johns on Illinois, not both. Kipper Nichols would start over Johns.

Combine our lineups, and this is what it would look like:

Ayo
Frazier
Nichols
Brazdeikis
Teske

Well 3 of your top 6 players would be from Michigan’s bench probably? I didn’t mean they both would start, I meant if you had Iggy he’d start or if you had Johns he’d start.

Talent wise Iggy, Johns, Teske probably = Ayo, Frazier, Nichols agree?

Not sure how DeJulius and Brooks compare to the two guys you left out.

Maybe Michigan’s 5 wouldnt be better but I don’t think the gap between each unit is as big as you do.

Last edited:
Well 3 of your top 6 players would be from Michigan’s bench probably? I didn’t mean they both would start, I meant if you had Iggy he’d start or if you had Johns he’d start.

Talent wise Iggy, Johns, Teske probably = Ayo, Frazier, Nichols agree?
No. One, you have never seen Iggy or Johns on a college roster. Ayo is more highly rated than Iggy. Frazier was one of the best Freshmen in conference. If you ignore the two Wisconsin games where Underwood essentially sat Kipper to send a message, his final 10 games of the year were 27, 12, 19, 9, 12, 16, 12, 7, 6, 31. I doubt either of your freshmen or Teske will put up those numbers.

Not sure how DeJulius and Brooks compare to the two guys you left out.

Maybe Michigan’s 5 would be better but I don’t think the gap between each unit is as big as you do.
I know you're a homer, but c'mon man. Your bench isn't better than any B1G starting lineup.

No. One, you have never seen Iggy or Johns on a college roster. Ayo is more highly rated than Iggy. Frazier was one of the best Freshmen in conference. If you ignore the two Wisconsin games where Underwood essentially sat Kipper to send a message, his final 10 games of the year were 27, 12, 19, 9, 12, 16, 12, 7, 6, 31. I doubt either of your freshmen or Teske will put up those numbers.

I know you're a homer, but c'mon man. Your bench isn't better than any B1G starting lineup.

It does feel good getting you to debate your starters vs our bench, though.

Being discussed on our board: Who will be the most disappointing B1G team?

Purdue.

The talking heads believe they will only fall off to cusp top 25.

Lose way too much and gain very little (none of the freshmen will matter, Dartmouth kid is good tho).

On paper the player roster is worse than Minnesota.

Reactions: SNU0821
This isn’t common knowledge?

I mean...A 65 year old coach who has been coaching in a major conference for 16 years or a 39 year old coach with 1 year of major coaching experience.

His trolling is at best a 1/10 nowadays. Worst collapse I have seen since the North Tower.

Over the next 5 years I'd take Beilein.

That is fine, but I feel by year 4 for Archie, so 3 years from now this thing is going to be rolling for a long time.

I think John is great coach but he isn't a messiah like you claim him to be. He has won 62.7% of his D1 coaching career, obviously great numbers, but he is who he is. Michigan will probably end up with double digit losses again this year and then the next year end up somewhere in 16-22 win category. Its basically like clockwork for the 65 year old.

Last edited:
@IUfanBorden thinks Archie is better. Not sure about the other Indiana fans.
Not really. I believe the question was----who would I take. And that would be Miller. And why not? He's 4 decades younger. And a good coach. JB is a terrific coach. Has won everywhere. But if I had to choose between the two, its easy: Miller. Simply due to the age, and well, Miller hap[pens to be a pretty darn good coach.

Over the next 5 years I'd take Beilein.
Just curious, but why? I mean yeah lately JB has delivered. But I mean he's only gotten past the 2nd weekend 3 times in his 11 seasons at UM. He's lost 12 or more games 7 times(@ UM) in those 11 seasons. I mean its not like he's churned out deep NCAA run after deep run. He's had a few nice runs. But aside from that, well, he's been quite average. Look I like JB. Terrific coach. But lets not pretend he's some kinda super nova, or something.

That is fine, but I feel by year 4 for Archie, so 3 years from now this thing is going to be rolling for a long time.

I think John is great coach but he isn't a messiah like you claim him to be. He has won 62.7% of his D1 coaching career, obviously great numbers, but he is who he is. Michigan will probably end up with double digit losses again this year and then the next year end up somewhere in 16-22 win category. Its basically like clockwork for the 65 year old.

And then another Elite 8 after that?

Just curious, but why? I mean yeah lately JB has delivered. But I mean he's only gotten past the 2nd weekend 3 times in his 11 seasons at UM. He's lost 12 or more games 7 times(@ UM) in those 11 seasons. I mean its not like he's churned out deep NCAA run after deep run. He's had a few nice runs. But aside from that, well, he's been quite average. Look I like JB. Terrific coach. But lets not pretend he's some kinda super nova, or something.

Beilein has Michigan rolling. I don't care how bad Michigan was his first couple years in the program. I care about where he as Michigan now and going forward when talking about who I'd rather have over the next 5 years.

# of Elite 8's for Beilein in the past 6 seasons.... 3.

# of Elite 8's for Indiana in the past 15 seasons.... 0.

Last edited:
Beilein has Michigan rolling. I don't care how bad Michigan was his first couple years in the program. I care about where he as Michigan now and going forward when talking about who I'd rather have over the next 5 years.

# of Elite 8's for Beilein in the past 6 seasons.... 3.

# of Elite 8's for Indiana in the past 15 seasons.... 0.
Rolling? In 2015 Michigan missed the tournament. In 2016 lost in the 1st round. 2017 Sweet 16. Title game last year.

You call that,"rolling"? Dude, is your wife posting for you?

Rolling? In 2015 Michigan missed the tournament. In 2016 lost in the 1st round. 2017 Sweet 16. Title game last year.

You call that,"rolling"? Dude, is your wife posting for you?

Michigan won 59 games the past two seasons. Michigan won the B1G Tournament title in 2017 and in 2018. Michigan made the sweet 16 in 2017 and the National Championship game in 2018. Michigan looks to be really good again this year. Yes, Beilein has Michigan rolling.

Hail in midseason form

tenor.gif

Michigan won 59 games the past two seasons. Michigan won the B1G Tournament title in 2017 and in 2018. Michigan made the sweet 16 in 2017 and the National Championship game in 2018. Michigan looks to be really good again this year. Yes, Beilein has Michigan rolling.
Man talk about cherry picking stats. Never mind the other 9 seasons. Or missing the tourney a mere 4 years ago. Or losing in the 1st round the following year. I mean hey, its your story. Tell it like you want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT