ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Illinois and the Browns

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I wonder if Underwood knows that tanking doesn't guarantee you a top recruit.

With Gilligan lost at sea, I look forward to making fun of @Jaycg15 and Illinois while we can. I do think Underwood is a good coach will get the program afloat, just not in 18-19.
Whitman probably told him NCAA has an imminent plan to adopt a draft system.

I wonder if Underwood knows that tanking doesn't guarantee you a top recruit.

With Gilligan lost at sea, I look forward to making fun of @Jaycg15 and Illinois while we can. I do think Underwood is a good coach will get the program afloat, just not in 18-19.

In getting that No.1 recruit, he looks to have tanked his career.

Surely there's a transfer or hidden gem recruit out there that could step in and meaningfully help the Illini this season. … Surely?

Sounds like Kane has a clearinghouse issue and not a university admissions issue. Supposedly, it's something that is expected to be cleared up. His school misclassified a course.

in your dreams its the same thing
My word, Herb, this is what makes ppl think you're Gil.

Couldn't rib you with a week's notice.

Take it in stride. Cook was from Missery.
Kansas doesn't get a load of """"those types"""".

My word, Herb, this is what makes ppl think you're Gil.

Couldn't rib you with a week's notice.

Take it in stride. Cook was from Missery.
Kansas doesn't get a load of """"those types"""".
COMPARING Iowa to Weber state will set any Hawk fan off,

Iowa fans (on this forum) make me limp.

Should I have included an emoji in the initial, slanderous, post? :rolleyes:

I'd apologize, but I'm feeling superzfg today.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

my expectations for last years team was a 9th/10th place finish, I never understood the hype. they lost Jok who led the team in scoring by avging 20% or their scoring, 2nd on the team in rebounding, assists and steals.

while I did agree on his scoring would be easy to replace but his steals were not. the biggest thing that Jok btought was his SR leadership, to many time if you really watched the games the players would stand and watch waiting for Jok to make something happen.

this year with having 4 dbl digit scorers back and with Baer who was the BT 6th MOY when he was a SO going back to being healthy and being the teams 6th man and the SR vocal leader this years team will be improved on defense and have that vocal SR leader.

here were Baers BT 6th MOY stats
197 rebounds
48 steals
43 blocks led the team in all 3 catagories,
27 TO's
23.6 mpg
7.5 ppg

Baer comes back fully healthy the defense improves.

Iowa fans (on this forum) make me limp.

Should I have included an emoji in the initial, slanderous, post? :rolleyes:

I'd apologize, but I'm feeling superzfg today.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
find another team to call out. when Cook picked Iowa, Iowa was coming off its 2nd straight 12-6 3rd place finish and their 2nd straight 1st round win in the NCAAT. something that has not been done since the 1996-97 and 97-98 seasons.

my expectations for last years team was a 9th/10th place finish, I never understood the hype. they lost Jok who led the team in scoring by avging 20% or their scoring, 2nd on the team in rebounding, assists and steals.

while I did agree on his scoring would be easy to replace but his steals were not. the biggest thing that Jok btought was his SR leadership, to many time if you really watched the games the players would stand and watch waiting for Jok to make something happen.

this year with having 4 dbl digit scorers back and with Baer who was the BT 6th MOY when he was a SO going back to being healthy and being the teams 6th man and the SR vocal leader this years team will be improved on defense and have that vocal SR leader.

197 rebounds
48 steals
27 TO's
23.6 mpg
7.5 ppg

BAHGAWD! Is that HawkIt/Gilligan's music?!

197 rebounds
48 steals
27 TO's
23.6 mpg
7.5 ppg

What? That's a lie gilligan.

this is where when fans build up their team only to see them rise above or fall, yes this includes Iowa, can they finish in the top 4 or will they finish 8th or worse, finishing in the top half vs the bottom half is the split.
I feel Iowa will finish either 4th or 5th. the question is will they meet my prediction or will they finish 3rd or better or will they finish 6th or worse.

Reactions: SNU0821
So Herby is Gil?
seems to be their desire. but since I 1st posted about 2 years prior to gilligan and most if not all change their name because they were banned. hmm I was not banned but I will not pay to pay to post on a free board.

but you keep on thinking that I am this Gil/nitewing if it makes you feel any better. not all hawkeye posters felt that Iowa would have a winning record last season and I gave my reason why. Jok was a huge loss.

this years team is solid in depth at all 5 positions unlike last season.

1/PG JR Bohannon backup RSFR Connor McCaffery
2/SG RSJR Moss backup JR Dailey or {FR Wieskamp}
3/SF FR Wieskamp backup RSSR Baer or {JR Moss]
4/PF JR Cook backup JR Pemsl
5/C SO Garza backup SO Nunge
4/5 F/C JR Kriener as needed
1-2-3/G FR Fredrick as Needed if he does not RS. nobody needs to play out of position this season unlike last year.

Reactions: SNU0821
seems to be their desire. but since I 1st posted about 2 years prior to gilligan and most if not all change their name because they were banned. hmm I was not banned but I will not pay to pay to post on a free board.

but you keep on thinking that I am this Gil/nitewing if it makes you feel any better. not all hawkeye posters felt that Iowa would have a winning record last season and I gave my reason why. Jok was a huge loss.

this years team is solid in depth at all 5 positions unlike last season.

1/PG JR Bohannon backup RSFR Connor McCaffery
2/SG RSJR Moss backup JR Dailey or {FR Wieskamp}
3/SF FR Wieskamp backup RSSR Baer or {JR Moss]
4/PF JR Cook backup JR Pemsl
5/C SO Garza backup SO Nunge
4/5 F/C JR Kriener as needed
1-2-3/G FR Fredrick as Needed if he does not RS. nobody needs to play out of position this season unlike last year.
You post exactly like Gil for someone that claims to not be him. This is exactly like when you tried convincing us that you weren't nitewang, and eventually you fessed up.

Reactions: MGC_07 and SNU0821
You post exactly like Gil for someone that claims to not be him. This is exactly like when you tried convincing us that you weren't nitewang, and eventually you fessed up.
no fessing up to anything. as soon as you explain to me why I would change my name from herby to gilligan without being banned, then we will all know the answer now won't we.

no fessing up to anything. as soon as you explain to me why I would change my name from herby to gilligan without being banned, then we will all know the answer now won't we.
I'm not even going to try to understand the logic of one of the most illogical posters on the board, but you're no stranger to making multiple accounts. My guess is you created it to view a free site that you had been banned from. You've used it sparingly, but have responded to a few posts that were directed at your Gil account.

As soon as you get Gil under controlWinking
undercontrol for what?

Not to mention this post:
I am one but also many

We're not dumb. You might as well just drop the act.

I'm not even going to try to understand the logic of one of the most illogical posters on the board, but you're no stranger to making multiple accounts. My guess is you created it to view a free site that you had been banned from. You've used it sparingly, but have responded to a few posts that were directed at your Gil account.

Not to mention this post:

We're not dumb. You might as well just drop the act.

He answered to gilligan using herbyhawk? Sigh

Read in the Twittosphere that Ill lost a recruiting battle with Weber State..

Once, Kansas lost a recruit to Iowa..
Sames.
That was a blessing in disguise. He thought he'd get passed over at this level. I'm not sure it's true with how we're recruiting bigs, but it definitely would need to happen for success.

Reactions: KisteK
Next comes his argument about anybody being able to edit quotes.
that's funny about how I am responding to others. coming from a fan of the worst team in the BT with it not changing any time soon.

you are just looking to harass a Hawk fan that has been around for awhile. for the record I started out on Hawkeye Report in 2002 under the name Karnack, a spin off from the Johnny Carson Show Carnack. then I changed it to Herbyhawk. but when I changed my name I went to Hawkeyeinsider on Scout.

while there I bought there Magazine called Hawkeye Insider, started buying off the magazine rack then subscribed as it was cheaper. then I went to 247's Voice of the Hawkeyes.

I have come to Rivals because 247 got to involved in making people pay for information that should be available to the general fan. 247 then bought Scout and changed the name they use, to Hawkeye Insider.

Hawkeye Report is getting worse as they too make people join their premium to read about just about everything, including news about non offered recruits. sorry but I won't pay to read about recruits.

but you keep living in your fantasy world.

that's funny about how I am responding to others. coming from a fan of the worst team in the BT with it not changing any time soon.

you are just looking to harass a Hawk fan that has been around for awhile. for the record I started out on Hawkeye Report in 2002 under the name Karnack, a spin off from the Johnny Carson Show Carnack. then I changed it to Herbyhawk. but when I changed my name I went to Hawkeyeinsider on Scout.

while there I bought there Magazine called Hawkeye Insider, started buying off the magazine rack then subscribed as it was cheaper. then I went to 247's Voice of the Hawkeyes.

I have come to Rivals because 247 got to involved in making people pay for information that should be available to the general fan. 247 then bought Scout and changed the name they use, to Hawkeye Insider.

Hawkeye Report is getting worse as they too make people join their premium to read about just about everything, including news about non offered recruits. sorry but I won't pay to read about recruits.

but you keep living in your fantasy world.

Ok, Gil. You're fooling no one.

ADVERTISEMENT