ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Played that course last summer. Loved it. Haven't played the kampen course yet, need to get on that.

I'm jelly of all the Aces reported ITT. Have played golf since 8th grade and still sitting on goose egg here. Sadly the closest I've bee was around soph year in HS, put one maybe 1/4 inch from dropping. Figured at that point I'd get one soon thereafter....dammit!
I still need to get up to WL and play Ackerman after the remodel. To be honest, I think both of those courses are way overpriced, but from everything I've heard, Ackerman is much improved since the re-opening.

I still need to get up to WL and play Ackerman after the remodel. To be honest, I think both of those courses are way overpriced, but from everything I've heard, Ackerman is much improved since the re-opening.

I never got the chance to play the two courses in West LA LA, but have heard good things. In my opinion every course in Indiana is overpriced, after a few I have played out here.

Def overpriced if you can't get a tee-time after 4. And like I said I still flash my student ID so I can play there super cheap. I walk a lot too so that helps.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
I never got the chance to play the two courses in West LA LA, but have heard good things. In my opinion every course in Indiana is overpriced, after a few I have played out here.
Yeah, thankfully Indy isn't too bad but definitely marked up compared to places even as close as Kentucky and Tennessee.

I haven't played either course in at least five years, but I always was impressed by how well they were maintained. Kampen can get long in a hurry, but there's about 37 tees to choose from.

Played that course last summer. Loved it. Haven't played the kampen course yet, need to get on that.

I'm jelly of all the Aces reported ITT. Have played golf since 8th grade and still sitting on goose egg here. Sadly the closest I've bee was around soph year in HS, put one maybe 1/4 inch from dropping. Figured at that point I'd get one soon thereafter....dammit!
The Purdue courses are both great, and give you very different styles. Kampen really intimidates players, which made for a nice advantage in my HS days as it was our home course.

I had played since age 10 and didn't get my first ace until last summer at age 29. My dad has been a near scratch player since his late 30s and didn't get one until he was 60 -- and now has 3 in the last 7ish years. It's a ton of luck, as mine one hopped in to a pin that was on the back side of a mound on a super funky green.

Reactions: klize17
Holed out from about 80 yards out tonight for my first eagle en route to my first ever sub 80 round. Was my reward for enduring the LSAT earlier that day.

What hole did you eagle? Got my first on #2 at Coyote. Piano man was my witness

****kk you I play from the reds w/ driver. Was 10 feet from going into the creek. I’m not a long hitter!
are those one up from the backs? it's been a long ass time since i played that course -- haven't played since Torin and those guys bought it / Brent became pro.

I'm not a long hitter either and feel like I normally hit my hybrid off the tee there.

are those one up from the backs? it's been a long ass time since i played that course -- haven't played since Torin and those guys bought it / Brent became pro.

I'm not a long hitter either and feel like I normally hit my hybrid off the tee there.
They're the tees right before the tips. Think it's Black/Red/White/Green/Blue.

Carton has his officials to Michigan and Indiana scheduled at the end of this month. Both during the same week.

Could still see a decision made before the July evaluation periods which would really help on what prospects the other schools should watch.

Reactions: KisteK
Carton has his officials to Michigan and Indiana scheduled at the end of this month. Both during the same week.

Could still see a decision made before the July evaluation periods which would really help on what prospects the other schools should watch.

Will be a stud.

Only course I've played where the tees before the tips are red and not blue.
Suuuuuuuuuuure. It’s cool. I don’t think anyone is surprised that you would tee off from the ladies tees. In fact, I would think more people would be surprised if you didn’t...

Suuuuuuuuuuure. It’s cool. I don’t think anyone is surprised that you would tee off from the ladies tees. In fact, I would think more people would be surprised if you didn’t...
Coyote_Crossing_Scorecard-page-001.jpg

*fart noise*

Word is duke is getting involved

Sounds like Geno Crandall is extremely likely to grad transfer here. He is a combo guard who averaged
16.6ppg, 4.3rpg, and 3.6apg at North Dakota on good shooting percentages and is also a very good defender. Would be surprised if he didn't start at PG.

Honestly never heard of him before. Was he like our own Andy Van Vliet?
He never played a game for us. Sat out last year after transferring from Louisville. He was a 4 srar recruit who got buried on the depth chart at UL. Wasn't expecting a whole lot from him this season but he was our only 7 footer. Eric Curry and Oturu are both around 6'9 so we will be a bit small at C. It's worth the risk for Crandall though, he is a gamer.

Sounds like moe Wagner has a stud younger brother that could be coming over to the us either this upcoming season or the year after.

I still don't think he gets drafted, but I'm beginning to think Dakota Mathias has more than a cup of coffee in the NBA.

At the conclusion of Raptors workouts, Toronto puts 2:30 on the clock, instructing players to shoot threes off the catch following full-court sprints and pull-up triples from the wings and the top of the key. After launching, players inch out as many full-court layups for the remainder of the time frame. Mathias drained 13–of–16 long balls en route to setting the all-time Raptors workout record with 53 points.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/14/dakota-mathias-nba-draft-2018-purdue-matt-painter

I still don't think he gets drafted, but I'm beginning to think Dakota Mathias has more than a cup of coffee in the NBA.

At the conclusion of Raptors workouts, Toronto puts 2:30 on the clock, instructing players to shoot threes off the catch following full-court sprints and pull-up triples from the wings and the top of the key. After launching, players inch out as many full-court layups for the remainder of the time frame. Mathias drained 13–of–16 long balls en route to setting the all-time Raptors workout record with 53 points.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/14/dakota-mathias-nba-draft-2018-purdue-matt-painter

If he can prove he can hit shots against pros he can find a spot. Just needs someone to give him a chance. G League will give him a chance

If he can prove he can hit shots against pros he can find a spot. Just needs someone to give him a chance. G League will give him a chance
If a guy like Ron Baker can get steady minutes in the league I don’t see why Dakota can’t

Reactions: SIhoosier26
ADVERTISEMENT