ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

I work every other weekend. Worked 30 hours Friday-Sunday.

I usually post from work though there was just no one else around ITT.

Watched the finals game with a bunch of bandwagon Warrior fans. A fella in a warriors hat and Durant jersey didn’t even give a yay! After the final buzzer.

Saturday cookout, Sunday afternoon movie and spent some time outside for a couple of drinks

Been doing a 15-20 mile hike almost every Saturday now that it's summer in the mountains. Can't get enough of it.

I am excited to get a couple rounds of golf in next weekend though since the gf is out of town. Have only played twice this year after playing a ton last summer.

Been doing a 15-20 mile hike almost every Saturday now that it's summer in the mountains. Can't get enough of it.

I am excited to get a couple rounds of golf in next weekend though since the gf is out of town. Have only played twice this year after playing a ton last summer.

Been doing some hiking as well. Normally about 5-6 miles. I am not ready for the big ones yet. Getting there though

Reactions: KisteK

Gdamn man 15-20 miles is a haul. What trails you been hitting?

This weekend I went to an incredible steakhouse downtown, called Urban Farmer. Got a 18oz 14-day dry aged Bison ribeye that was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Saturday we tried to go camping, which was a spectacular fail on multiple fronts, before calling it quits and just driving home. Then yesterday was hot af (~100f), so we went to the pool.

Reactions: klize17 and Toast.
Been doing some hiking as well. Normally about 5-6 miles. I am not ready for the big ones yet. Getting there though
I did a ton of hikes last summer in the 4-8 range, then tested myself a couple times with the 15 mile types with 2500 feet of elevation gain. Helped me lose a lot of weight and get in better shape.

Now I've been doing a long one almost every weekend. Just take plenty of water, a sandwich and some snacks, take our time and make a day of it. I'm pretty damn exhausted after, but they're fun and worth it. Have a goal this summer to see a moose (saw 3 a couple weeks back), bear, and mountain lion (probably a long shot). Also looking to get more into camping this summer as well.

Red-shouldered_Hawk_%28Buteo_lineatus%29_-_Blue_Cypress_Lake%2C_Florida.jpg

I did a ton of hikes last summer in the 4-8 range, then tested myself a couple times with the 15 mile types with 2500 feet of elevation gain. Helped me lose a lot of weight and get in better shape.

Now I've been doing a long one almost every weekend. Just take plenty of water, a sandwich and some snacks, take our time and make a day of it. I'm pretty damn exhausted after, but they're fun and worth it. Have a goal this summer to see a moose (saw 3 a couple weeks back), bear, and mountain lion (probably a long shot). Also looking to get more into camping this summer as well.

Why would you want to see those? F that.

Reactions: SNU0821
Gdamn man 15-20 miles is a haul. What trails you been hitting?

This weekend I went to an incredible steakhouse downtown, called Urban Farmer. Got a 18oz 14-day dry aged Bison ribeye that was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Saturday we tried to go camping, which was a spectacular fail on multiple fronts, before calling it quits and just driving home. Then yesterday was hot af (~100f), so we went to the pool.
Yeah, we've been kicking our own asses recently with those ones, but damn does a beer and burger taste good afterwards. Did Crystal Lake on MDW, then Lion Lake last weekend (both in RMNP), and just did like 15 miles on the Colorado trail near Jefferson this past weekend.

This is the next one, just waiting for some more snow to melt as that's been a bitch during the Crystal/Lion Lake trails:
https://www.alltrails.com/explore/t...de-creek-trail-to-mirror-lake-and-crater-lake

Also am in the process of lining up hikes for the Ouray > Telluride > Pagosa Springs camping trip. There are a bunch to sort through obviously.

I may have to check out Urban Farmer, as it's not far from my office. And yeah, yesterday was stupid hot. My building's pool was pretty clutch.

This is the next one, just waiting for some more snow to melt as that's been a bitch during the Crystal/Lion Lake trails:

That was actually part one of our camping fail. Drove up this 4x4 trail for like an hour, almost 95% of the way to the top... go around a bend and what do you know, the last 5% of the trail to the top is covered in still yet to melt snow drifts (3ft deep). So... turn around and drive the almost hour back down.

Reactions: SNU0821 and klize17

Good deal. I do walk home every day which is about 2.5 miles that I turn into 3.0-3.5, so the weekend hikes have been getting easier. The first one we did out here was in the fall and it was about 6.2 miles and 1237 elevation gain. It about killed me, but I am in much better condition now.

I am going to try and find a couple of decent trials to hike South Lake in a couple of weeks.

That was actually part one of our camping fail. Drove up this 4x4 trail for like an hour, almost 95% of the way to the top... go around a bend and what do you know, the last 5% of the trail to the top is covered in still yet to melt snow drifts (3ft deep). So... turn around and drive the almost hour back down.
Whereabouts was this? The reviews on all trails have been nice to gauge snow.
Good deal. I do walk home every day which is about 2.5 miles that I turn into 3.0-3.5, so the weekend hikes have been getting easier. The first one we did out here was in the fall and it was about 6.2 miles and 1237 elevation gain. It about killed me, but I am in much better condition now.

I am going to try and find a couple of decent trials to hike South Lake in a couple of weeks.
Yeah it'll get easier, but will still kick your ass. Bet you have some cool hikes out that way, enjoy.
Why would you want to see those? F that.
most encounters are fine, but obviously still gotta watch your ass and we carry bear spray during hikes just in case.

Whereabouts was this? The reviews on all trails have been nice to gauge snow.

Just passed Idaho Springs, a trail called Chinn's Lake. I've been up there before in my Jeep in the summer. We just wanted a quick night camping that wasn't too far away - but should've checked trail conditions ahead of time.

Ended up being like 8 hours and 200 miles worth of driving... just to end up back at home anyway Laughing

Reactions: Toast.

Boulder is awesome. My wife's family lives there. Always enjoy going out that way.

Reactions: Toast.
138 yards. Easy 8 iron. Use Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 irons. Thought I needed a new set but maybe these have a bit more life in them.

Congrats! I have had a couple close calls, hopefully sometime in my lifetime.

I am so bad at golf. Half the time I hit an iron I hit it fat and the ball rolls 30 feet. I will shoot par on one hole and then a 10 the next because of playing put-put while full swinging with an iron.

138 yards. Easy 8 iron. Use Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 irons. Thought I needed a new set but maybe these have a bit more life in them.

Congrats! I have had a couple close calls, hopefully sometime in my lifetime.
I hit one in men’s league 3 summers ago and couldn’t even see the damn thing go in because the sun was in our eyes. We were looking all around the green for my ball until someone I was playing with looked in the cup and started going crazy.

Just my luck though that out of the 12,000 shots I’ve hit on par 3’s the one that finally went in I couldn’t even see.

Watched the finals game with a bunch of bandwagon Warrior fans. A fella in a warriors hat and Durant jersey didn’t even give a yay! After the final buzzer.

Saturday cookout, Sunday afternoon movie and spent some time outside for a couple of drinks

I watched it with a group of Cavs fans. No Yays there either. #Leaveland

Reactions: klize17
Illinois announced a $30MM upgrade to their practice facility today. Much needed.

Hmmmmm

I wonder if Pitino would Crean someone in order to open up a spot for Crandall. Interesting.......

Wow, 15-20 is legit. I love hiking too. Usually go 6 mi, 3x a week. No mountains, forest area.

Wow, 15-20 is legit. I love hiking too. Usually go 6 mi, 3x a week. No mountains, forest area.
Nice, whereabouts?

I just did a 6 mile one this evening. I was the only hiker, all the other assholes were cruising past me on mountain bikes or trail running.

43 hours without a post. Was that a record? Were y'all busy this weekend too? I hit my first hole in one Saturday morning and just woke up from the celebration!
Holed out from about 80 yards out tonight for my first eagle en route to my first ever sub 80 round. Was my reward for enduring the LSAT earlier that day.

Last edited:
Coyote Crossing. One of my favs here in town.

Played that course last summer. Loved it. Haven't played the kampen course yet, need to get on that.

I'm jelly of all the Aces reported ITT. Have played golf since 8th grade and still sitting on goose egg here. Sadly the closest I've bee was around soph year in HS, put one maybe 1/4 inch from dropping. Figured at that point I'd get one soon thereafter....dammit!

Played that course last summer. Loved it. Haven't played the kampen course yet, need to get on that.

I'm jelly of all the Aces reported ITT. Have played golf since 8th grade and still sitting on goose egg here. Sadly the closest I've bee was around soph year in HS, put one maybe 1/4 inch from dropping. Figured at that point I'd get one soon thereafter....dammit!
I’ve only been seriously playing for about a year now so it’s been fun to see steady improvement. Purdue courses are great. Play them both probably once or twice a week.

ADVERTISEMENT