ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

On a scale of 4-14, would you say that you're butthurt at 14 for how hard you got trolled?

An Illinois fan making 4-14 jokes?

tenor.gif

What's next, MSU fans making rape jokes?

247Sports way too early All-American teams:

https://247sports.com/ContentGaller...all-All-American-team-118839626/#118839626_16

1st team - Carsen Edwards
2nd team - Ethan Happ
3rd team - Nick Ward
3rd team - Charles Matthews
Also considered - Rome Langford, Cassius Winston
Nick Ward??? Jesus he is not even all league. Great scorer from five feet over his right shoulder and absolutely nothing else. Soft and flabby too. And cant stand Izzo. Yeah, thats an All american. Gimme xavier Tillman every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

@boilerzz
@Jaycg15
@Deathclutch

I'll make you guys two offers.

1. 6 month ban bet of more 2018 NCAA Tournament wins Michigan vs a Minnesota/Illinois/Purdue COMBINED.

or

2. 6 month ban bet of Michigan vs Minnesota/Illinois/Purdue COMBINED for first program to make it past the Sweet 16 going forward (same year = tie).
You didn't even go to Michigan, right? STFU

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Just met a 96 Purdue grad in Reno...he was very nice about my IU polo. Good dude

Should have been a 60 or 82 like you amirite? He would have punched me in the face ripped off my polo and wiped with it eh?
1986. I took an alternative path - 7 years to get my BS in Engineering. I guess the 6’s are soft on IU. I married an IU grad...house divided. Peace brother.

Reactions: klize17
I think Michigan's going to win the conference. Why tf would I do a ban bet?

We agree then. I undersold Michigan in 2017 and 2018 and we agree on them going into 2019. I'm not getting the whole Michigan fans are such homers angle. I especially don't get that angle from posters who oversold their teams going into last year.

But none of that matters because I didn't go to Michigan SmokinSmile

We agree then. I undersold Michigan in 2017 and 2018 and we agree on them going into 2019. I'm not getting the whole Michigan fans are such homers angle. I especially don't get that angle from posters who oversold their teams going into last year.

Sorry, bub. Just don't have a lot of respect for people who adopt college teams because their alma mater blows. If you want to puff your chest out about Michigan and talk shit about other programs, it should be required that, you know, you actually attended Michigan.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

Sorry, bub. Just don't have a lot of respect for people who adopt college teams because their alma mater blows. If you want to puff your chest out about Michigan and talk shit about other programs, it should be required that, you know, you actually attended Michigan.
To be fair if I wasn’t accepted into pharmacy school at Purdue I most likely would have gone to IU and still been a Purdue fan.

To be fair if I wasn’t accepted into pharmacy school at Purdue I most likely would have gone to IU and still been a Purdue fan.
And that would be fvcked up in my opinion, just like on the Purdue board when a guy said he had a friend who graduated Purdue but is an IU fan.

And that would be fvcked up in my opinion, just like on the Purdue board when a guy said he had a friend who graduated Purdue but is an IU fan.
I'd never attend a rival school, but being an alumni is not a pre-req for fandom. My twin brother and I grew up die-hard Illinois fans. My family has always rooted for Illinois. I graduated with two degrees from Illinois, and my brother attended another school that better suited his interests and major. I'm not more of an lllini fan than he is because of pieces of paper.

I think Michigan's going to win the conference. Why tf would I do a ban bet?

So if Michigan finishes second, you're a homer. Got it.

Reactions: KisteK
I'd never attend a rival school, but being an alumni is not a pre-req for fandom. My twin brother and I grew up die-hard Illinois fans. My family has always rooted for Illinois. I graduated with two degrees from Illinois, and my brother attended another school that better suited his interests and major. I'm not more of an lllini fan than he is because of pieces of paper.
I have a very good friend in college who has a sister who went to Marquette.
She's a fan of all things UW growing up, but then since she went to MU, she became their basketball fan and started to hate Wisconsin basketball, yet at the same time she still rooted for UW football. It's totally weird.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
I have a very good friend in college who has a sister who went to Marquette.
She's a fan of all things UW growing up, but then since she went to MU, she became their basketball fan and started to hate Wisconsin basketball, yet at the same time she still rooted for UW football. It's totally weird.
Illinois (and I imagine Purdue and Indiana may experience this as well) has a continent of people that root Notre Dame in football and Illinois in basketball. Not quite rivals, but I think it's bizarre nonetheless.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor

I mean, my alma mater won the Division II National Championship this year so I wouldn't say they blow. They are just Division II so of course I'm going to root for a Division I school.

I'd say the vast majority of college sports fans didn't attend the school they cheer for. It's such a weird thing to be upset about.

So if Michigan finishes second, you're a homer. Got it.

There's a pretty big difference between predicting your team makes the tournament and then goes 4-14 than predicting your team win the conference and then finish 2nd, but sure.

Why? There are plenty of programs that IU is better at than Purdue, like business. If I was going to be an engineer, I would have looked into Illinois and Purdue but still would have been an IU fan. Life happens.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor

Yup. I wanted to go into Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ultrasound) and the only university in the state that offered that program was Ferris State. I went there and got a good job right of school with that degree and haven't regretted it. I cheer for Ferris State in DII and Michigan in DI. I don't care if that bothers people.

It’s really not though, have to pursue what’s in your best personal interest over sports fandom. My high school buddy also went to Purdue for pharmacy school but has always been an IU fan. If I didn’t get into Pharmacy school it wouldn’t have made sense for me to go to Purdue over IU as IU had my desired 2nd major at the time and Purdue did not.

Why? There are plenty of programs that IU is better at than Purdue, like business. If I was going to be an engineer, I would have looked into Illinois and Purdue but still would have been an IU fan. Life happens.

Yup. Michigan literally didn't (and still doesn't I don't think) have the degree I wanted to go to school for.

Reactions: SNU0821
Yup. Michigan literally didn't (and still doesn't I don't think) have the degree I wanted to go to school for.
Yeah to me, it’s not an issue. Going to the school you root for isn’t a prerequisite for me. It’s like people who are Steelers fans that live in California. Why the *uck would they be Steelers fans when they never go to games, haven’t lived in Pittsburg and there are multiple football teams in the area? Shit happens.

Yup. I wanted to go into Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ultrasound) and the only university in the state that offered that program was Ferris State. I went there and got a good job right of school with that degree and haven't regretted it. I cheer for Ferris State in DII and Michigan in DI. I don't care if that bothers people.
If you mind me asking, if you went to Ferris, then why cheer for Michigan and dislike State. Wouldn’t you root for both since there is no bias?

It’s really not though, have to pursue what’s in your best personal interest over sports fandom. My high school buddy also went to Purdue for pharmacy school but has always been an IU fan. If I had my desired 2nd major at the time and Purdue did not.
Fair

Always figured you were a wal-mart wolverine. ;)

Reactions: MGC_07 and Jaycg15
Still working on remodeling our main level. Kitchen putting in a 7ft island, gas range w/hood, painting perimeter cabinets, redoing soffit, smoothing textured ceilings, tile in mud room, laundry cabinets, hardwood floors, paint, fireplace stone/brick on both sides, entry door, back patio door, about a month and a half away from completion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT