ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Why would he leave? Seems he was poised to start? Or is he gonna battle TKR?

And what in the hell happened to Furst?
He wasn’t doing to start. TKR will be a focal point next year. Before the year began, Morton and Gillis both let CMP know they weren’t going to use their Covid year at Purdue.

Furst? Great question. Dude needs to get his confidence back.

He wasn’t doing to start. TKR will be a focal point next year. Before the year began, Morton and Gillis both let CMP know they weren’t going to use their Covid year at Purdue.

Furst? Great question. Dude needs to get his confidence back.
Completely mind boggled on Furst….Early on I ws like, "****......and now, its more like---"sheww". Though thtat kid was headed to big things.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
How many portal additions does Dusty need to make?
I’d say at least 3. We also have the Yale center who is a 7 footer visiting this weekend (I assume he will qualify academically) also some kid who averaged like 3 ppg last year for Wisconsin

Well, the sky is not entirely falling for Minnesota. So far we got:

Starters
PG Elijah Hawkins
SG Mike Mitchell jr
G/F
PF Dawson Garcia
C

Bench
PG Isaac Asuma
F/C Parker Fox

Deep Bench
F Kadyn Betts
PF Grayson Grove

Cam Christie just announced he's going through the pre-draft process while maintaining his eligibility. If he comes back and we get a solid starting center, we should be ok.

Well, the sky is not entirely falling for Minnesota. So far we got:

Starters
PG Elijah Hawkins
SG Mike Mitchell jr
G/F
PF Dawson Garcia
C

Bench
PG Isaac Asuma
F/C Parker Fox

Deep Bench
F Kadyn Betts
PF Grayson Grove

Cam Christie just announced he's going through the pre-draft process while maintaining his eligibility. If he comes back and we get a solid starting center, we should be ok.
Huge win if you get Dawson and Cam back… is the bag big enough to afford both?

Reactions: Deathclutch
Huge win if you get Dawson and Cam back… is the bag big enough to afford both?
Dawson already announced he's coming back. Who knows with Cam. He has the size and shooting ability where I could see his draft stock rise. He didn't announce he was entering the portal though, so that's a small W.

@cmore79 @Fighter of the Nightman @Jaycg15 you guys excited for Boswell? I always thought he was fairly meh but at least now you have a true PG. Think this impacts DGL at al
Yes- he’s only 18. Probably made a mistake to reclass, should be a soph. At the minimum I expect him to improve our D and can shoot. Wouldn’t be surprised if he can play some booty ball.

I don’t think he impacts DGL much. I think Maddox would be the one that does.

Reactions: boiler1987
He’s fine. Young PG with promise. And no whispers on DGL. He’s not coming back to you guys ;)
It’d be hilarious if he came back (and yes I realize that’ll never happen). The backtracking his mom would do on X would be pure comedy.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Yes- he’s only 18. Probably made a mistake to reclass, should be a soph. At the minimum I expect him to improve our D and can shoot. Wouldn’t be surprised if he can play some booty ball.

I don’t think he impacts DGL much. I think Maddox would be the one that does.
That’s fair. I think it’ll help to have a true PG. Ty Rodgers reminds me a bit of Nojel Eastern in that he played PG out of necessity but wasn’t close to a true PG.

That’s fair. I think it’ll help to have a true PG. Ty Rodgers reminds me a bit of Nojel Eastern in that he played PG out of necessity but wasn’t close to a true PG.
And Nojel portaled. Think they’ll have that in common too

Ballo is solid but won’t matter unless you get some shooters.
WOnt matter if IU brought in 90 shooters----Woody gonna run that same stagnant shit. Its why I just don't really care who he brings in....Hes made it known what he thinks of the 3-pont shot, and its importance.

Throw Perkins in there, for a mere 500k and Indiana might have something

WOnt matter if IU brought in 90 shooters----Woody gonna run that same stagnant shit. Its why I just don't really care who he brings in....Hes made it known what he thinks of the 3-pont shot, and its importance.

You didn't watch much or any IU basketball this past season did you?

Change your name for the love of God, it's a total sham.

Reactions: hawkit3113
May and Willard seem too high I think. Top 5 I think makes sense with the postseason success Miss and Cronin have.

if we are out coaching Fran with X's and O"s, Painter is no doubt the best.

But honestly, Collins has an uphill battle and is still a good coach. Izzo has the best talent and is struggling. But a proven HOFer. Altman I think is up there. Mic Corin is not a good coach, he is just at UCLA. Gard is good in conference but sucks otherwise.

Dusty who? Lol

Underwood looks to be legit.

The rest is a mixed bag of potentially good or bad coaches

You didn't watch much or any IU basketball this past season did you?

Change your name for the love of God, it's a total sham.
Huh? Are you talking to me----Or that stupid Iowa hillbilly?

Izzo seems way too high for 2024. Seems like 5 years too late
Sad....

IMO, Pickell to low.

Cronin is not a Top 4 coach . I'd take Altman over him....And Collins. Oh, and Underwood.

1. Painter
2. Izzo
3. Underwood
4. Mussleman
5. Altman
6.Hoiberg
7.Pikeil
8.Collins
9.Gard
10.May
11. Fran
12. Cronin