ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

I'm just assuming they get more clicks and interactions that way and that they aren't run by a bunch of idiots.

There was some drama last year that seemed to have been smoothed over. Sounds like he got to campus, asked for guarantees, and bolted when he didn’t like the answers. Kudos to Painter for standing his ground tbh.
Still sucks. Dude is a player. Wonder where he ends up.

Reactions: Sparty_57
Still sucks. Dude is a player. Wonder where he ends up.
Yep no doubt but I respect Painter for not giving in. And it wasn’t an NIL thing because he wouldn’t have shown up on campus if there were NIL issues.

Purdue had supposedly already addressed the fact that they were 1 over the scholarship limit. So it sounds like Catchings decommitment opens up the door for Coleman Hawkins to do the funniest thing ever.

GK1tinNWkAAk7Jt

• Love
Reactions: cmore79
Purdue had supposedly already addressed the fact that they were 1 over the scholarship limit. So it sounds like Catchings decommitment opens up the door for Coleman Hawkins to do the funniest thing ever.

GK1tinNWkAAk7Jt
Would be the ultimate troll job.

Yep no doubt but I respect Painter for not giving in. And it wasn’t an NIL thing because he wouldn’t have shown up on campus if there were NIL issues.
Strangely, he waited until he arrived on campus to do this. He must have known there would be no guarantees, especially regarding playing time. I assume Colvin, Heide, and Waddel are pleased with the news.

Strangely, he waited until he arrived on campus to do this. He must have known there would be no guarantees, especially regarding playing time. I assume Colvin, Heide, and Waddel are pleased with the news.
Our moderator made a correction that he didn’t actually make it to campus. The conversation happened over the phone. He didn’t like what he heard and bolted.

Evidently now we are being told he called Painter and wasn't on campus yet but that's semantics. He was slated to arrive this week.

Definitely opens up minutes for some of those other guys. I think Heide is the biggest benefactor of Catchings going elsewhere. I felt like he had a good chance of beating him out anyway but this guarantees it.

There was some drama last year that seemed to have been smoothed over. Sounds like he got to campus, asked for guarantees, and bolted when he didn’t like the answers. Kudos to Painter for standing his ground tbh.
Classic fan talk

Our moderator made a correction that he didn’t actually make it to campus. The conversation happened over the phone. He didn’t like what he heard and bolted.

Surprising he wasn't on campus.

The West Laffy garbage smell hits it's peak in the musty heat of the summer.

That one probably sounded a lot funnier in your head.
I actually got assigned to the Laf. Jefferson baseball Semi-State this Saturday....

Talk about surprised----Its 194 miles from me. Meanwhile there are 4 other sites within 100. Needless to say , I reached out to the IHSAA....

I am now at Jasper---a mere 80 miles.

I almost accepted though. Games being played at Loeb Stadium. And I would have had game 2---Homestead vs Concord.

The more that comes out on this story, the better I feel about it. Hope the best for KC but I think we dodged a bullet.

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I really think Illinois fans are going to kick themselves for not seriously recruiting Catchings. Dude is going to be a stud.

The more that comes out on this story, the better I feel about it. Hope the best for KC but I think we dodged a bullet.
Things always change with a decommitment, a little damage control by home board mods, and some great home board group think always gets your head on straight.

Great to learn that this is actually FANTASTIC news for pu. SuperMatt stood up and booted the villain out.

My god what a noble mastermind he is...

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Things always change with a decommitment, a little damage control by home board mods, and some great home board group think always gets your head on straight.
Even Rabby said there’s more going on here than just your standard decommitment and that IU won’t get involved even with an extra scholarship and NIL to boot.

I could see Catchings at either Illinois or BYU (just hired an OTE coach this week). He doesn't seem like a player that's wanting to unpack his bags for very long, though. Very talented, but you wonder if his talent is worth more than the baggage.

I could see Catchings at either Illinois or BYU (just hired an OTE coach this week). He doesn't seem like a player that's wanting to unpack his bags for very long, though. Very talented, but you wonder if his talent is worth more than the baggage.
Sounds like he’s visiting BYU and Florida State. You may have a point re the baggage.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Exactly. This was about playing time and Painter isn't going to do that.
Yep. I wish Kanon the best and hope he figures it all out because he has a ton of talent. Just think he needs more maturity which hopefully he’ll get in time.

Reactions: VulvHa
ADVERTISEMENT