ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

I’m sure most of you aren’t following the Terrence Shannon trial, but it’s looking more and more like an open and shut case of not guilty.

Those of you that were ignorant douchebags about it can wait until the jury decides before eating crow.
The trial is just beginning…

The trial is just beginning…
Closing arguments are at 1:30 today. It’s all but over, and the evidence points overwhelmingly to not guilty. Sorry, bud.

1. He isn’t on video in the proximity of the girl
2. He isn’t one of the two male DNA samples found in her underwear
3. The girl got a rape kit and then returned to the same bar the supposed incident occurred at on the same night.
4. See below

Last edited:
Closing arguments are at 1:30 today. It’s all but over, and the evidence points overwhelmingly to not guilty. Sorry, bud.

1. He isn’t on video in the proximity of the girl
2. He isn’t one of the two male DNA samples found in her underwear
3. The girl got a rape kit and then returned to the same bar the supposed incident occurred at on the same night.
4. See below

1. Jury selection just happened on Tuesday so it seems unlikely that closing arguments are today

2. The claims about his overwhelming innocence are coming from his defense, they always claim that

I’m sure most of you aren’t following the Terrence Shannon trial, but it’s looking more and more like an open and shut case of not guilty.

Those of you that were ignorant douchebags about it can wait until the jury decides before eating crow.
The summary I read indicates no direct witness to the incident has been identified and there is insufficient DNA to measure anything. The accuser's friend says he grabbed her hand and pulled her over to him. She did not see an assault but the accuser suddenly wanted to leave quickly. Hnter dickindon testifed that he did not see it and TSJ seemed "under control" that night.

Appears lack of evidence is the defense. Nothing in this article leaned to "open and shut"

Reactions: MGO2022
Saying just because he's found not guilty doesn't mean he didn't do it. Don't be dense.
Yeah, I understood the reductive logic fine. It’s far from a fair analog.

Are you holding every person that was accused of a crime that was found not guilty to that standard? If I accused you of murder and there was zero evidence linking you to it, is that how you would want to be treated?

Or is this a case of you put your foot in your mouth and are unwilling to admit it?

Yeah, I understood the reductive logic fine. It’s far from a fair analog.

Are you holding every person that was accused of a crime that was found not guilty to that standard? If I accused you of murder and there was zero evidence linking you to it, is that how you would want to be treated?

Or is this a case of you put your foot in your mouth and are unwilling to admit it?
Jesus Christ relax

We've reached the point in the summer where fans see snippets from offseason workouts and pickup games and extrapolate that into 57 surefire All Big Ten selections.

Commence....now!!

Decided to check in real quick. Doesn't seem like I've missed anything - just some typical off-season stuff and then Illinois fans continuing to educate us on the history of finger blasting in the state of Kansas.
The defense asked the judge to smell his fingers.

seinfeld-jackie-chiles.gif

Decided to check in real quick. Doesn't seem like I've missed anything - just some typical off-season stuff and then Illinois fans continuing to educate us on the history of finger blasting in the state of Kansas.
Not enough Purdue and Indiana dick wagging lately. Had to spice it up.

Debatable.

But in all seriousness, I’ll eat crow here. Glad the justice system prevailed here.
It honestly was clear as day there was zero evidence that he did this, but I too am glad he cleared his name in court … though I feel awful for what he went through.

For people to have honestly looked at this case and been confident of his guilt would require the low IQ take that being charged with a crime implies sure guilt. Unfortunately, that attitude is all too common in America.

Reactions: RichieRebel
ADVERTISEMENT