ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is snowing in Denver so I have an EXTREMELY important question:

Pho or Ramen?

Please provide explanations and expect pushback on your shitty answer.

Yes chili is better but that isn't the conversation.

Also I assume chili, ramen, and pho are all too spicy for anyone on the Wisconsin basketball team.
I'm not on the team. And my ramen comes from a plastic package. ;)

Reactions: Toast.
With Alabama having one loss already,and in all likelihood will face UGA in SEC title game,is there an outside chance BOTH OSU/UM get in? Say both enter the game unbeaten---and its a close game....Could an argument be made that OSU or UM's only loss is to the other, with it being a tight game? I know its hard to get a playoff bid w/o even making your conference title game, but if that is due to you being in the same division with another Top 5 team, its something IMO that should be considered....
Feel like we will get two of Bama/Uga/Tenn, one of Ohio St/Mich, and Clemson if they are undefeated, if Clemson isn’t undefeated then we’ll get Oregon/USC or the loser of Mich/Ohio St

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Feel like we will get two of Bama/Uga/Tenn, one of Ohio St/Mich, and Clemson if they are undefeated, if Clemson isn’t undefeated then we’ll get Oregon/USC or the loser of Mich/Ohio St
As crazy as this sounds, what kind mess does Illinis winning out cause?

Creighton....23-12 last year(12-7 in Big East). Some polls have them as high as #4. Easily could have lost in 1st round; OT win over SD State.

Don't get me wrong, I think Creighton could be really good. But to me ranking them #4, is no different than having IU at #13.

It’s no different as long as you treat “Easily could have lost in 1st round” (and then lost to the Nat’l Champs by 7) the same as lost to St. Mary’s by 30. So sure, no different.

Some B1G mention

His name is Pharrel Payne. His name is Pharrel Payne.
Take this as you will, but Jalen Hood-Schifino is getting tons of love....At IU's pro day, scouts raved about him. I think this kid could be really, really good. But who knows with freshman.
Bruh, JHS is not under the radar. He's on/right around/in the immediate vicinity of the radar.

One loss Oregon/USC in over one loss Michigan or Ohio St. would be dumb.
I agree. But your one loss would be a lot closer to the end of the season and that’ll probably drop you further in the polls.

If it’s a really close loss like 3-4 points, Maybe that won’t be the case

It’s no different as long as you treat “Easily could have lost in 1st round” (and then lost to the Nat’l Champs by 7) the same as lost to St. Mary’s by 30. So sure, no different.

Creighton losing to Kansas by 7 doesn't erase they were a 9 seed, that lost 13 games.

His name is Pharrel Payne. His name is Pharrel Payne.

Bruh, JHS is not under the radar. He's on/right around/in the immediate vicinity of the radar.
Where did I say he was "under the radar"? MOF, I implied the exact opposite, i.e. "getting tons of love". And then followed with---"pro scouts loved him".

Because HD is better
Their numbers are quite similar:

HD: 18.6/8.6/2.3apg/1.5bpg----56%/80%

TJD: 18.3/8.1/1.9/2.3-----58%/67%

H2H: 2 games

HD: 20/7/3apg/.5bpg

TJD: 20.5/8/.5apg/3bpg

Hunter a better shooter.....I'd argue TJD better in the post.

Not sure there's that huge of a difference Hail. Not to mention, Hunter is 7'0----TJD 6'9".

Reactions: IUBtown
It’s fairly obvious that HD was playing at a higher level to end the year. His offensive skill set rounded into form. I think he’ll have a Garza-like season this year.
I doubt it but ok. He doesn’t have the power of the brow.

Not sure there's that huge of a difference Hail. Not to mention, Hunter is 7'0----TJD 6'9".
Yea they’re both good. I wouldn’t put one above the other by much of a margin.

Yikes what? Their numbers are damn near even....H2H damn near even....I mean HUnter would have helped IU in the fact he could (at times) stretch the defense----TJD could have helped UM with his defense...Asides from that----not a hell of a difference.

Edit----What changes for UM with TJD----Or IU with HD? What, instead of Michigan getting 18.6/8.6 a night, they get 18.1/8.1...

Wow....

Yikes what? Their numbers are damn near even....H2H damn near even....I mean HUnter would have helped IU in the fact he could (at times) stretch the defense----TJD could have helped UM with his defense...Asides from that----not a hell of a difference.

Edit----What changes for UM with TJD----Or IU with HD? What, instead of Michigan getting 18.6/8.6 a night, they get 18.1/8.1...

Wow....
Less points, less assists, less rebounds, less team success, and he’s a total non-shooter thus is terrible for spacing.

Pretty simple actually.

TJD was second team all conference last season, and media like Jeff Goodman have him second team all American this season. Makes no sense.

Indiana's non conference SOS was 319, Michigan's was 27. TJD dominated that weak schedule. Let's compare their Big Ten stats.

Dickinson: 20.3ppg/8.3rpg/2.5apg/1.6bpg 55% from 2 30% from 3.
TJD: 15.7ppg/7.8rpg/1.8apg/2.0bpg 54% from 2 and cannot shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycg15
Indiana's non conference SOS was 319, Michigan's was 27. TJD dominated that weak schedule. Let's compare their Big Ten stats.

This should be the end of the discussion.

But I’m sure it’ll be spun, somehow, someway.

No arguments here. Dickinson was superior to Kofi during the conference season, I think he deserves the nod.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT