ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which player has the better stats and which player made it further in the tournament with less support?
Ummm Kofi has the better stats. Both years. Arguing otherwise is, well, dumb.

Was NPOY Oscar Tshiebwe worse than Dickinson last year because Kentucky lost in the first round? A game he had 30 points and 16 rebounds.

Ummm Kofi has the better stats. Both years. Arguing otherwise is, well, dumb.

Was NPOY Oscar Tshiebwe worse than Dickinson last year because Kentucky lost in the first round? A game he had 30 points and 16 rebounds.

Which stats was Kofi better? I just gave the conference game stats where HD was better. What am I missing? Are you just lying or are you confused?

Which stats was Kofi better? I just gave the conference game stats where HD was better. What am I missing? Are you just lying or are you confused?
Lol Kofi was the only player in the power 6 conferences to average 20 and 10 on the season.

Maybe sit the next couple plays out, bud. There wasn’t a single Michigan fan arguing Hunter over kofi for awards last season.

Lol Kofi was the only player in the power 6 conferences to average 20 and 10 on the season.

Maybe sit the next couple plays out, bud. There wasn’t a single Michigan fan arguing Hunter over kofi for awards last season.
It's all good Archetype. Illinois is my personal favorite to win the conference this year. They may have lost Kofi but now they are positionless and you guys definitely seem like you have more talent than anyone else. I know you have to be exited for the season.

Hunter Dickinson
20/8 60%/85%/30% 1.6 blo

Kofi
20/10 60%/63%/0% 0.8 blk
I don’t have the synergy account right now, but Kofi was a mid-90th percentile defender while Dickinson was much lower. Illinois lead the nation in long 2’s forces and the at rim percentage was among the nation’s best too. Offensively, they were on equal footing, I agree, but the defensive side separates them. Illinois was also a better team until injuries caught up with them at the end of the season.

They were 1A and 1B last year.

Reactions: Ingersol
Which player has the better stats and which player made it further in the tournament with less support?
Less support? 1-1 with our 2nd most important player playing hurt and our 3rd most important player out vs 2-1 with two NBA draft picks?

Tourney success is important, but let’s not get crazy over 1 win when there are 30 other games that are part of that same discussion - 2 of which Kofi completely manhandled him head to head.

You may prefer his skill set, and I get that, but Kofi was the more dominant player on both sides of the court. HD is more offensively skilled.

I'll agree with HD being slightly better than TJD. Outside shooting is basically the deal breaker but do think TJD is better in the post and on defense. His quickness helps.
The post is super close. I agree TJD is the better defender but I think HD feasts on undersized defenders a lot more than TJD. TJD has a bigger “bag” in the post but the 7’1 and thick nature of HD can overwhelm teams at times.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I'll agree with HD being slightly better than TJD. Outside shooting is basically the deal breaker but do think TJD is better in the post and on defense. His quickness helps.
I think we also need to see TJD have consistent success against post defenders who are taller than him. He would struggle in those scenarios in conference.

Something seemed to click for him at the end of last year where he was more aggressively getting open in the post, so I am hopeful that actually getting him the ball won’t be as much of an issue

I really like what TJD and Race do for IU's defense. They're physical, mobile, and athletic enough to really impact a lot.

But Hunter's range offensively just gives him the nod imo. He also seems to have more upside in terms of further expanding the skill-set, where TJD really hasn't materially improved his offensive repertoire over multiple years.

What is this rational discussion over an opposing player spanning 5 fanbases? Where are all of the trolls?

Reactions: otte21
I don't like to troll on Hunter Dickinson debates. I prefer to focus on how likable and cool he is as a person.
He’s even more likable now that he’s on a podcast with *checks notes* Jordan bohannon and two of the shittiest barstool sports personalities

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
I don't like to troll on Hunter Dickinson debates. I prefer to focus on how likable and cool he is as a person.
He’s the big ten Aaron Rodgers right now. You may not like him a he may piss people off, but I respect the skill and authenticity.

Pretty sure we have a parent of DGL posting on gbi. Only posts are in a thread about DGL where this brand new poster criticizes painter and Myles Colvin.

Why are you comparing Frazier to Brooks? They didn’t even play the same position last year.

Frazier > Jones
Plummer > Brooks

Juwan’s gonna need to get better guard recruits at some point…

Because you said Frazier would be better than Brooks last season and he wasn’t. I was wrong about things too. It’s okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT