ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t think that was a big part of the outcome idk what to tell you.

Celebrate man, that was huge
it played a tole, sure---its not why you lost..

A- pass on a chip shot FG, and go for it on 4rh down....that was dumb.

B- you just a team with no running game, no timeouts, drive 75 yards to win the game----a team that prior to that had 70 TOTAL second half yards,,,

If you don't think A and B was a big paty of the outcome, idk what to tell you..

Doesn’t matter when it happened. It still had a huge impact.

I’ll always call out bad officiating if I see it regardless of who’s playing.
never said it didnt have an impact---it did. but no bigger of an impact than Bielema going for it on 4th dowm from the three, and getting stopped...Or, allowing IU to drive 75 yards with no timeouts, no run game, to beat you....

all calls impact games......just like the 10 dropped passes by illinois---or the interception they threw at their 10 , late in the 4th quarter..

but sure, lets pin the entire game ob a call that happened early in the 1st quarter..🤣

it played a tole, sure---its not why you lost..

A- pass on a chip shot FG, and go for it on 4rh down....that was dumb.

B- you just a team with no running game, no timeouts, drive 75 yards to win the game----a team that prior to that had 70 TOTAL second half yards,,,

If you don't think A and B was a big paty of the outcome, idk what to tell you..
Don’t worry when you are inevitably in this position in football or basketball, I will be here to remind you that the calls don’t matter.

You just gotta win regardless.

Lmao that you of all posters is trying to make this argument when you are the king of bitching about calls in this thread every year

never said it didnt have an impact---it did. but no bigger of an impact than Bielema going for it on 4th dowm from the three, and getting stopped...Or, allowing IU to drive 75 yards with no timeouts, no run game, to beat you....

all calls impact games......just like the 10 dropped passes by illinois---or the interception they threw at their 10 , late in the 4th quarter..

but sure, lets pin the entire game ob a call that happened early in the 1st quarter..🤣
Didn’t say we should pin all of it on that one call. Illinois definitely shot themselves in the foot too many times but they outgained you by 100 yards and dominated T.O.P. Better team doesn’t always win (like Purdue last night).

• Haha
Reactions: IUBtown
Not sure I do. Which is why their records being nearly identical so far is interesting.
I think you have to look at what both inherited. IU was coming off back-to-back bowl seasons while Purdue had just wrapped up a 9-39 record the previous 4 years. Allen inherited a much better roster than Brohm but Brohm made a bowl game in year 1 while it took Allen 3 years to finally go bowling. They’ve both had outlier good seasons (Brohm last year and Allen in ‘19/‘20) and outlier bad seasons (Brohm in ‘19/‘20 and Allen last year). Jury is still out on both though.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
Didn’t say we should pin all of it on that one call. Illinois definitely shot themselves in the foot too many times but they outgained you by 100 yards and dominated T.O.P. Better team doesn’t always win (like Purdue last night).
TOP is meaningless......Ilinois ran the shit out the bsll----IU did not.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I think you have to look at what both inherited. IU was coming off back-to-back bowl seasons while Purdue had just wrapped up a 9-39 record the previous 4 years. Allen inherited a much better roster than Brohm but Brohm made a bowl game in year 1 while it took Allen 3 years to finally go bowling. They’ve both had outlier good seasons (Brohm last year and Allen in ‘19/‘20) and outlier bad seasons (Brohm in ‘19/‘20 and Allen last year). Jury is still out on both though.

Sure but Brohm also gets to coach in the cupcake side of the conference.

Indiana has to play Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State every year.

Don’t worry when you are inevitably in this position in football or basketball, I will be here to remind you that the calls don’t matter.

You just gotta win regardless.

Lmao that you of all posters is trying to make this argument when you are the king of bitching about calls in this thread every year
where did i say calls dont matter? Please point that out.

king of bitching? 🤣 ---If by bitching you mean trying to explain shit to some of you ignotant ****s, then sure---i'm the king. Sure I bitch about calls. But do me a favor----show me a single post where ihaver blamed a call on an IU loss...

I'll wait on that one, fella...

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503

Purdue is better than Penn State?

End of season rankings for each division:

2014:
East
Ohio St. #1
Michigan St. #5

West
Wisconsin #14

2015:
East
Ohio St. #4
Michigan St. #6
Michigan #12

West
Iowa #9
Wisconsin #21
Northwestern #23

2016:
East
Ohio State #6
Penn St. #7
Michigan #10

West
Wisconsin #9

2017:
Ohio St. #5
Penn St. #8
Michigan St. #15

West
Wisconsin #7
Northwestern #17

2018:
East
Ohio St. #3
Michigan #14
Penn St. #17

West
Northwestern #21
Wisconsin #23

2019:
East
Ohio St. #3
Penn St. #9
Michigan #18

West
Minnesota #10
Wisconsin #11
Iowa #15

2020:
East
Ohio St. #2
Indiana #12

West
Northwestern #10
Iowa #16

East
Michigan #3
Ohio St. #6
Michigan St. #9

West
Iowa #23

Top 10 team teams in that span
East: 16
West: 5

Since division realignment in 2014, the East Division has won all 8 Big Ten championships split between 4 different teams.

Reactions: MGC_07
Sure but Brohm also gets to coach in the cupcake side of the conference.

Indiana has to play Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State every year.
Fair but Purdue has typically played a tougher non-conference schedule and has had a tougher overall schedule than IU in 3 of the years Allen and Brohm have been there.

Yeah.....Bad call. BUt....

your h/c passed on a chip shot FG, and went for it on 4th down from the 3..

AND....

you just let a team drive 75 yards with no timeouts, who prior to that drive, had 70 total 2nd half yards..

But sure, lets blame the officials... 🤣 🤣 🤣
You don’t think that being up 8 instead of 1 might change the decision to go for it on 4th down. Changed the outcome.

That said, Illinois lost the game after that point with poor play.

Reactions: boiler1987

king of bitching? 🤣 ---If by bitching you mean trying to explain shit to some of you ignotant ****s, then sure---i'm the king. Sure I bitch about calls. But do me a favor----show me a single post where ihaver blamed a call on an IU loss...

@1016CC0503 ---

you gonna answer, or just apply another emjoi? 🤣 😁

You don’t think that being up 8 instead of 1 might change the decision to go for it on 4th down. Changed the outcome.

That said, Illinois lost the game after that point with poor play.
could have, and a fair point. To say it changed the outcome is a bit much....it didn't change anymore than dropped passes and Illinois turnovers, i.e the INT late in 4th quarter. The call becomes irrelevant at that point: going for it. I get the reasoning---inept offense, make them drive 95 yards, etc...but 4th and goal from the 3----over a sure fire 3 points? I dunno.

I've never felt a call cost you a game---to many other parts play just as big of a role.

Cute that you think I’d want to go through your posts, no thanks.

Truthfully I just don’t want to hear you bitch about reffing anymore if this is your response on the other end

off to bed...pain is to much, so time for ice/pain meds..

good game Illinois dudes---fun game.

Cute that you think I’d want to go through your posts, no thanks.

Truthfully I just don’t want to hear you bitch about reffing anymore if this is your response on the other end
Then why bring it up, slick?

bitching about calls is one thing----blaming the call(s), or officials for losing is another---apples to oranges my man...

Then why bring it up, slick?

bitching about calls is one thing----blaming the call(s), or officials for losing is another---apples to oranges my man...
Find me the post that blames the loss solely on that call.

I get that reading is hard, but next time you are going to have to do better than this pathetic strawman argument.

Fair but Purdue has typically played a tougher non-conference schedule and has had a tougher overall schedule than IU in 3 of the years Allen and Brohm have been there.

So after this year it will be 3 and 3. It’ll be interesting to see where their records sit. I was surprised to see they were within a game of each other.

Just looked at one of those years. Indiana played easier cupcakes than Purdue (who the hell plays Charleston Southern?) but they also played 5 ranked teams to Purdue’s 2.

In fact it’s the year you snuck into that bowl game at 6-6 but avoided Michigan State, Penn State, and Ohio State in conference play. I’m not sure playing Louisville, Ohio (Bobcats), and Missouri make up for that.

You can talk about the non TD all you want but he called it incomplete and you can't tell that it was complete during reviews. The game was won/lost on turnovers and the clutch drive for IU at the end.

could have, and a fair point. To say it changed the outcome is a bit much....it didn't change anymore than dropped passes and Illinois turnovers, i.e the INT late in 4th quarter. The call becomes irrelevant at that point: going for it. I get the reasoning---inept offense, make them drive 95 yards, etc...but 4th and goal from the 3----over a sure fire 3 points? I dunno.

I've never felt a call cost you a game---to many other parts play just as big of a role.

5-C6-F25-FF-61-FE-41-C7-8-D32-DBE38-AF16508.png

You’re right. It should have never been a ball game. Illinois made too many mistakes. The referees made 10 points worth themselves, but Illinois still had control of the outcome.

5-C6-F25-FF-61-FE-41-C7-8-D32-DBE38-AF16508.png

You’re right. It should have never been a ball game. Illinois made too many mistakes. The referees made 10 points worth themselves, but Illinois still had control of the outcome.
You're smart enough to know about sight angles. You really think they missed that call looking up from the corner post and there was zero question of it during the broadcast?

You're smart enough to know about sight angles. You really think they missed that call looking up from the corner post and there was zero question of it during the broadcast?
You're right I took optics courses in college and QEM covers the probabilistic behavior of light as well - very versed in the behavior of light. Needless to say, if you can see the goal post between the camera lens and the ball, the ball traveled on the outside of the goalposts. It's a bit difficult to resolve that with the resolution provided, but the screenshot above does appear to show the goalpost between the ball and viewer.

@Jaycg15 that mistake didn’t count against them though. They picked up the flag and replayed the down. It was odd.

Also there was a really badly missed intentional grounding call the prior possession.

You're right I took optics courses in college and QEM covers the probabilistic behavior of light as well - very versed in the behavior of light. Needless to say, if you can see the goal post between the camera lens and the ball, the ball traveled on the outside of the goalposts. It's a bit difficult to resolve that with the resolution provided, but the screenshot above does appear to show the goalpost between the ball and viewer.
Running the video back and forth and no using the still pic it appears it's well past the goalpost when it appears to cross it. That combined with the umps immediate reaction and literally no other questioning by the announcers or anyone else except for those who has the televised view tells me it was good. I actually thought he missed it at first but assumed the view made it appear so.

Looking at it from underneath where the reds were would give a way better angle than that still photo.

Are there any videos of other angles? Usually baseball has good replays of HRs/foul balls near the foul pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT