ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 seed Tennessee is better than a 7 win Arizona.

You guys got a gift with Colorado St in round 1

7-6 Arizona is the equivalent of an NIT team or play in game. Colorado State was overseeded but still a tournament team.

But yes, the bigger difference is Michigan then went on to also beat a top 10 Tennessee team.

7-6 Arizona is the equivalent of an NIT team or play in game. Colorado State was overseeded but still a tournament team.

But yes, the bigger difference is Michigan then went on to also beat a top 10 Tennessee team.
Agreed, I don’t think there is comparison to Michigan’s postseason wins and Purdue’s bowl win.

What bowl win would be equivalent to a Sweet 16?

Agreed, I don’t think there is comparison to Michigan’s postseason wins and Purdue’s bowl win.

What bowl win would be equivalent to a Sweet 16?

It’s an interesting question. It’s hard to gauge bowl games because the top programs and players don’t take the lesser bowls serious as top 10-15 basketball programs take the tournament. You never see college basketball teams having their studs sit out of tournament games.

It’s an interesting question. It’s hard to gauge bowl games because the top programs and players don’t take the lesser bowls serious as top 10-15 basketball programs take the tournament. You never see college basketball teams having their studs sit out of tournament games.
That’s the main reason I’ve never got into bowl games (other than Illini sucking hard) and if you create a bigger tournament, hopefully that would fix players sitting out.

But you are right, it’s tough to even compare the sports postseason when the best aren’t playing other than 4 team playoff.

Probably not...but then again, they're likely better than IU.

Tbh, i have zero clue what to expect...At least its in Bloomington I guess... 🤣
Damn brother, way down on your squad if you think you’re worse than Wyoming.

I hope it’s the case tho🙏🏻😂

In the first half of the first game it seems like we may have lost our starting LB and Safety for the year. Unbelievable.

Wow, look at that cheap dirty football from the Illini. I can't say I'm surprised

Just for context of the dumpster fire Brohm inherited. The last game against PSU with Hazell:
Q47qx13.png

Brohm isn’t perfect and his clock management was indeed horrible last night. I get he was trying to end the game actually but man just try to run SOME clock.

But Purdue as a program is in so much better shape. I look forward to games again. Just be competitive and overall fun to watch at Purdue and you’ll be fine. Most fans know the limits of Purdue football. Hell, just look at the recruiting ranking disparity between the two teams last night.

I’m happy where Brohm has Purdue. The Danny Hope/Hazell teams make you really appreciate what Brohm has done, regardless of what shit Hail is trying to stir.

Wow, look at that cheap dirty football from the Illini. I can't say I'm surprised
not sure who did what....replay never showed. but by listening to the annoucers, you'd thought there was some type of alley,new york subway brawl.... 🤣

Reactions: hawkit3113
Pretty sure your first field goal was actually wide right and then they didn’t call that Illini TD a TD when it clearly was lol. Two pretty big swings there.
Did it actually go wide right? I thought the same damn thing but was sure the officials couldn’t have messed that up and thought it was just the tv angle that was screwing with me.

Just for context of the dumpster fire Brohm inherited. The last game against PSU with Hazell:
Q47qx13.png

Brohm isn’t perfect and his clock management was indeed horrible last night. I get he was trying to end the game actually but man just try to run SOME clock.

But Purdue as a program is in so much better shape. I look forward to games again. Just be competitive and overall fun to watch at Purdue and you’ll be fine. Most fans know the limits of Purdue football. Hell, just look at the recruiting ranking disparity between the two teams last night.

I’m happy where Brohm has Purdue. The Danny Hope/Hazell teams make you really appreciate what Brohm has done, regardless of what shit Hail is trying to stir.
PSU beat Brohm and Purdue, 35-7 in 2019....
3-16 all-time vs PSU
lost 10 straight...

Hazell was bad, yes...

TD off the board, no explanation on the call as well was nice
still would be up, 16-14...

there's never an axplanation.....side judge signaled incomplete....replay agreed...ref said call stands.

ftr----it was a TD.

Do what??

First off, Bielema won 2 conference/divisin, whatever titles....constant Top 25...NO losing seasons...7 bowl games....4, 10+ win seasons....

Dude.....

i don’t recall saying he didn’t. I simply pointed out Brohm won 2 Bowl games at Purdue which is as many or more than Bielema has done as a B10 coach.

i don’t recall saying he didn’t. I simply pointed out Brohm won 2 Bowl games at Purdue which is as many or more than Bielema has done as a B10 coach.

Which is a good example of why the stat doesn’t mean much. Two shitty teams playing in a nothing-bowl? One has to win. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT