ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

giphy.gif

If I had the answer I would tell you

We just have trade offs. She’s never taken my dog to the vet or kennel, she’s never done any bills or taxes. We’ve been lived here for two years and I don’t think she could tell you who our energy provider is.

But yeah I get off easy with dishes and laundry ha.

Probably a wise choice.

Reactions: bMORE607
I normally wake up around 5:00 and try to stay in bed until 6:30
Standard M-F is getting up at 5a, going to bed around 10:15p. Like to get into the office around 7:15 and get out before 4:30.

If we're not going skiing or hiking or something, I sleep in til around 8:15 on weekends. Though the new dog is a motherf*cker for sleeping in on weekends.

Reactions: klize17
Same here. No matter what. I can be dead tired at work---dragging ass. Get home, shower----eat, relax.....Wide the **** awake. I keep looking at my watch---Saying, "ddude--its midnight."....Every night.Laughing
It is what it is. I’ve been 6 hr a night sleeper since high school. Sleep around 1, get up around 7.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
It is what it is. I’ve been 6 hr a night sleeper since high school. Sleep around 1, get up around 7.
Yep. Even on the weekends, I'm up around 7'ish, or so. As long as I can get 5-6 hours, I'm good. Got use to that type of sleep schedule while in the service.

Reactions: VulvHa
Yep. Even on the weekends, I'm up around 7'ish, or so. As long as I can get 5-6 hours, I'm good. Got use to that type of sleep schedule while in the service.
With you on that. Don’t even need to set an alarm anymore.

You realize in order for that to happen, the top team would need to be an at large right? The mid majors that have guaranteed at large bids are the wcc, mountain west, and a10 if you consider that one (I don’t but I’m guessing some would). All of those leagues have multiple bids already tho, so there’s less likelihood of a “stolen” bid. Northern Iowa and etsu May be at Large teams but a loss to someone bad in their conf tourneys probably push them off the bubble. Who else would steal a bid?

Sooo UNLV wins the MWC or Saint Mary’s wins the WCC or something. Happens almost every year.

Or, they value a 5th place team from another conference more highly than a 10th or 11th from the B1G.

I just don’t consider an 10th or 11th place team a lock for the tourney

Last edited:
Sooo UNLV wins the MWC or Saint Mary’s wins the WCC or something. Happens almost every year.

Or, they value a 5th place team from another conference more highly than a 10th or 11th from the B1G.

I just don’t consider an 10th or 11th place team a lock for the tourney
St Mary’s is likely an at large already so that’s not a stolen bid.
UNLV isn’t going to win the mountain west, which you’ll disagree with, but whatever. The fact they beat SDSU makes it less likely they’ll beat them again. They’re a far inferior team and SDSU will treat them as such if they meet again.
It’s probably most likely that a mid tier power five team goes on a run in their tourney to steal a bid. Teams like Arkansas, Notre dame, or Georgetown. There’s not a ton of risk from stolen bids from mid majors this year.

St Mary’s is likely an at large already so that’s not a stolen bid.
UNLV isn’t going to win the mountain west, which you’ll disagree with, but whatever. The fact they beat SDSU makes it less likely they’ll beat them again. They’re a far inferior team and SDSU will treat them as such if they meet again.
It’s probably most likely that a mid tier power five team goes on a run in their tourney to steal a bid. Teams like Arkansas, Notre dame, or Georgetown. There’s not a ton of risk from stolen bids from mid majors this year.

You’re probably right about SMU. But even a power conference takes another bid like you said, the 10/11 place in the B1G is not a strong place to be in.

Same here. No matter what. I can be dead tired at work---dragging ass. Get home, shower----eat, relax.....Wide the **** awake. I keep looking at my watch---Saying, "ddude--its midnight."....Every night.Laughing

put away your phone an hour before you go to bed and you’ll fall asleep SO much easier

Reactions: SNU0821
put away your phone an hour before you go to bed and you’ll fall asleep SO much easier
Agreed. No screened devices an hour before bed (TV, phone, iPad). It’s a very good habit to get into. My quality of sleep went way up.

Agreed. No screened devices an hour before bed (TV, phone, iPad). It’s a very good habit to get into. My quality of sleep went way up.
Not me. If I don't have a distraction like the TV, I lay in bed and think about everything I need to get done at work the next day. I struggle to get my brain turned off.

Of course, having a to do list that is always longer than I have time to accomplish is a big part of that.

Reactions: SNU0821
Not me. If I don't have a distraction like the TV, I lay in bed and think about everything I need to get done at work the next day. I struggle to get my brain turned off.

Of course, having a to do list that is always longer than I have time to accomplish is a big part of that.

Its all about white noise for me. Not actual white noise, but an app that has different sounds on it. I use one that sounds like a hotel room AC. Hell ya

Updated NET rankings:

9 Maryland

13 MSU
16 OSU

25 Michigan
26 PSU
28 Wisky
29 Iowa

34 Rutgers
35 Purdue
36 Illinois

46 Minnesota

56 IU

177 Northwestern

189 Nebraska

KenPom rankings:

7 MSU
8 OSU
9 Maryland

13 Michigan

21 PSU
22 Iowa
24 Wisky
25 Purdue

29 Illinois
31 Rutgers
32 Minny

38 IU

135 Northwestern

142 Nebraska

Updated NET rankings:

9 Maryland

13 MSU
16 OSU

25 Michigan
26 PSU
28 Wisky
29 Iowa

34 Rutgers
35 Purdue
36 Illinois

46 Minnesota

56 IU

177 Northwestern

189 Nebraska

Purdue and Rutgers ahead of IL? Jeez. Not sure the reason.

I’d rather miss the tournament than get an 8 seed fvck. 8/9 is always a deathtrap for 8...then to play Baylor lol no thanks

Some really bad shooting last night from both teams, but Indiana air balling like 5 shots, my goodness.
IU was missing so badly in the first half that someone on Twitter asked if there was a wind tunnel on that end of the court in the first half. I started to wonder if he didn't have a point.

Reactions: klize17
ADVERTISEMENT