ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Yes. You’re likely to be 10th or possibly 11th in the B1G. I don’t see the B1G getting more than 8 or 9.

Not even Wisconsin or Illinois are *locks* yet lol
Where did I say IU was a lock, as of NOW? I didn't. I said if IU finishes 20-11, 10-10 in the conference, they would be a lock.

As for Illinois, and Wisky? Unless you guys do a nose dive, no way you don't get in. With how the Big 10 is perceived, a 500 or better conference record gets you in. Of course, unless you just fall apart. Now Purdue might be an exception. 14 losses is a lot. BUT, they could win out, =putting them at 10-10, but just 17-14 overall. Good metrics for sure. But I mean, 14 losses, is 14 losses. And unless they do win out, 15 losses or more might be to much.

IU at 20-11, 10-10? I'll take in type of wager that says that gets them in.

Where did I say IU was a lock, as of NOW? I didn't. I said if IU finishes 20-11, 10-10 in the conference, they would be a lock.

As for Illinois, and Wisky? Unless you guys do a nose dive, no way you don't get in. With how the Big 10 is perceived, a 500 or better conference record gets you in. Of course, unless you just fall apart. Now Purdue might be an exception. 14 losses is a lot. BUT, they could win out, =putting them at 10-10, but just 17-14 overall. Good metrics for sure. But I mean, 14 losses, is 14 losses. And unless they do win out, 15 losses or more might be to much.

IU at 20-11, 10-10? I'll take in type of wager that says that gets them in.

I think at 20-11, 10-10, it's only going to take a single unexpected mid major to win their tournament and take away a 10th or 11th spot from a B1G team.

Don't want any part of that.

Respect that
Lived in Indiana almost my entire life. Aside from my stint in the sevice, moving to Lexington to help my brother, and to Tybee Island---I've always lived in Indiana. First started watching IU when I was 7 or so. My grandfather was recruited by Branch McCraken ....Would have played if not for a terrible accident that damn near left him crippled. In other words, one doesn't need to be a grad of a school, to have a love and passion for said school. I grew up surrounded by those who did go there---And lots who did not. Indiana basketball is as much of a part of my life, as my last name----Always been there----always will be.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
I expected Johnson to dominate by just out athleteing everyone. Was impressed by his passing and jumper. Can’t wait to see if that translates or it’s just because he was playing bums

Most of wi high school competition is a joke for college D1 recruits. But Johnson and Baldwin will have no problem at the next level. I’d imagine both are one and done.

I think at 20-11, 10-10, it's only going to take a single unexpected mid major to win their tournament and take away a 10th or 11th spot from a B1G team.

Disagree. Only team I'd worry about finishing .500, and not making the NCAAT is Purdue. Again, 14 losses is a lot. In all likelihood, it'll be more. Plus, Minnesota. Again, just to many losses.

With how tough the Big 10 is viewed, I just don't see a 20 win, .500 ball club not getting in. I'll say this---If we are at 20 wins, with 10 conference wins, I wont at all be anxious come Selection Sunday. IMO, teams that steal bids, will do so from 50/50 teams from the SEC, PAC 12 or ACC. I just think the Big 10 is gonna carry that type of weight.

I live in a cubicle. I would miss most every weeknight game. I popped out to watch that shitty game and had to go back to work now.

I thankfully have the chances to leave and come back. Small business I do from temp to executive work. It’s great but busy.

I love the west coast for game times

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Literally the best thing that would happen to your life.

Football is done by 5:20 on Sunday's

I can watch the Colts at 10 go on a hike and be home by 5:00

I sleep in past 10am on some days that I’m scheduled to work at 8. Hell if you think I’m getting enjoyment out of 10am starts.

I wake up before 6:00am every day so yes I enjoy waking up doing laundry, dishes before my wife wakes up. Then watch a game and then back home by 1:00pm to spend my day with my wife.

We bought our house in July of 2018 and I still haven’t started the laundry or dishwasher. We are very different people haha

Like I’m sure I could figure it out in a few seconds but if you called me and said “hail, I’m about to run your dishwasher how do I start it?” I’d have no idea because I don’t even know what buttons are in it. I’ve never even looked at it.

Yeah, tide will eventually turn. IU won like 11 of 12, or something like that. IU's had 5 coaches since 2000---Purdue has had 2 coaches since 1981. That makes a difference. Still some left-over issues at IU. Its dwindling...Nice class next year, ezpecially if Lander reclassifies.
TBH, though I wanna beat Purdue, I just want Indiana to win. Compete for Big 10 titles, and be a god damn tough ass out in the NCAAT.
Little brother still whining about Crean?

Yikes...

You are a real man’s man

Congrats

We just have trade offs. She’s never taken my dog to the vet or kennel, she’s never done any bills or taxes. We’ve been lived here for two years and I don’t think she could tell you who our energy provider is.

But yeah I get off easy with dishes and laundry ha.

You realize in order for that to happen, the top team would need to be an at large right? The mid majors that have guaranteed at large bids are the wcc, mountain west, and a10 if you consider that one (I don’t but I’m guessing some would). All of those leagues have multiple bids already tho, so there’s less likelihood of a “stolen” bid. Northern Iowa and etsu May be at Large teams but a loss to someone bad in their conf tourneys probably push them off the bubble. Who else would steal a bid?

I wake up before 6:00am every day so yes I enjoy waking up doing laundry, dishes before my wife wakes up. Then watch a game and then back home by 1:00pm to spend my day with my wife.
5dd22ac6e1073.jpeg

GG IU

Little brother still whining about Crean?

Yikes...
Not whining...Jut stating a fact. Of course you probably no more about internal issues with Indiana basketball, than I---right? Not getting into a pissing match here, brother. I know first hand of issues. Is what it is...Even with that being said, it doesn't excuse our shooting, and sometimes, flat out lack of effort. I was happy with how we fought tonight. Could have packed it in. Fought. Look, IU shot 24%, yet was within 5, with 2+ minutes to go. Hate it that we lost---but I'll take that. Hit 40% tonight, period---overall, and probably win the game.

Oh, well. Sack up, head to Illinois, and get after it.

BTW---"lil, brother"?Laughing.....Dude, you guys could win the next 50 games, and still won't be considered historically what Indiana is.... But ya know---thats irrelevant. I like you, so not gonna go down that road...But, c'mon.....

Damn, 6 is early bud. I am not a morning person at all. If my wife has to go into the city or is traveling, I am up at 6:15 to walk the dog, get my daughter and myself ready, drop off my daughter, and then get into the office, and it is brutal as fck. On a normal day, I can get up at 7 and get to the office By 8. Of course, it doesn’t help that I can’t fall asleep until 1 at the earliest each night.

Reactions: klize17
Damn, 6 is early bud. I am not a morning person at all. If my wife has to go into the city or is traveling, I am up at 6:15 to walk the dog, get my daughter and myself ready, drop off my daughter, and then get into the office, and it is brutal as fck. On a normal day, I can get up at 7 and get to the office By 8. Of course, it doesn’t help that I can’t fall asleep until 1 at the earliest each night.
Same here. No matter what. I can be dead tired at work---dragging ass. Get home, shower----eat, relax.....Wide the **** awake. I keep looking at my watch---Saying, "ddude--its midnight."....Every night.Laughing

Reactions: VulvHa

I normally wake up around 5:00 and try to stay in bed until 6:30

ADVERTISEMENT