ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

It’s pretty much just a Snu/Westy thing with Johnhoosier’s stupidity thrown in. The rest of us get along for the most part now that NCTrojan got shamed into giving up his moniker and changing his screen name (yes, we know who you are).

There are a couple others but they aren’t here much.

It makes for some good entertainment.

Both have very passionate fan bases. It’s what makes it so great and I for one enjoy bullshitting with them from time to time.
It’s been awhile since both teams were firing on all cylinders at the same time, but this rivalry is the most passionate in ncaab. Duke/UNC is the only one that is comparable, but IU/PU is the most intense and pure rivalry in college basketball IMO.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
It’s pretty much just a Snu/Westy thing with Johnhoosier’s stupidity thrown in. The rest of us get along for the most part now that NCTrojan got shamed into giving up his moniker and changing his screen name (yes, we know who you are).

There are a couple others but they aren’t here much.

I'm here plenty douche bag...Winking

Reactions: boilerzz
It’s been awhile since both teams were firing on all cylinders at the same time, but this rivalry is the most passionate in ncaab. Duke/UNC is the only one that is comparable, but IU/PU is the most intense and pure rivalry in college basketball IMO.
Baby boilers freshman year @IU is the last time I can remember it truly being a battle between 2 good teams. & of course I missed that game because I had a high school b-ball game that night.

As much as I would love to agree, I cannot. Kentucky/Louisville is pure hatred. I've been to both games----Although IU/PU is heated, and intense---UK/UL is border line insane. Hatfields/Mcoy's type of shit

? Has IU not underachieved these past 10 years or so? You guys have never had trouble nabbing talent. Most of the time it hasn’t materialized on the court. Where am I wrong? How is that little brother? I’m literally acknowledging IU recruits well and gets good talent. I wish Purdue could attract the talent IU does.
Because Blackmon Jr. won the B10. Langford played ~80% of the year with an injury to his shooting hand. He also a lottery pick. Vonleh’s season wasn’t great but he’s been alright in the NBA.

Baby boilers freshman year @IU is the last time I can remember it truly being a battle between 2 good teams. & of course I missed that game because I had a high school b-ball game that night.
This is the most enjoyable IU team in several years (just threw up in my mouth) and I’ve really enjoyed punking them the last several years - but it appears that era is about to end. I’d love to see the games make or break Big Championship runs again.

Because Blackmon Jr. won the B10. Langford played ~80% of the year with an injury to his shooting hand. He also a lottery pick. Vonleh’s season wasn’t great but he’s been alright in the NBA.
IU has underachieved relative to their talent level, yes or no?

This is the most enjoyable IU team in several years (just threw up in my mouth) and I’ve really enjoyed punking them the last several years - but it appears that era is about to end. I’d love to see the games make or break Big Championship runs again.
2015-2016 game @ IU was competitive.

Reactions: pig1960
Don't bother flosing

Flossing.

tenor.gif

I’m sure we’ll join you on Thursday.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkit3113
Both, TBH.....Under Miller, though? Meh. Langford was hurt....Hunter didn't play at all. Race as well. Last year was a disaster injury wise. I firmly believe has Romeo, HUnter and Race been 100%, its a much different story. This year isn't over yet. Been some disappointing losses, for sure, i.e. Arky, MD and Purdue. Games IU should have won. But with how things have been, 18-9, 8-8 isn't the end of the world. Especially this year.

Under Crean----First three years were awful. Expected---Though I expected much, much more in year three. 2012 and 13 were obviously good years. 2016 as well. Creans problem was consistency with recruiting. Plus, well, he lost the state. Miller is not losing the state any time soon. If Lander doesn't reclassify, good chance he gets 4 straight Mr. Basketball's---Langford, TJD, Leal and Lander. Of course, Leal and Lander are to be determined. Next year will be all his dudes except for Smith/Durham. Everyone should be back. Now add a class of Leal, Galloway and Lander? Well, time to put up coach.

Yes and no, Crean landed some top talent for sure, but there were always major holes on the roster that his teams struggled to hide.

For instance at point guard, (outside of Yogi Ferrell) along with being consistently the smallest team in the BIG 10. Forcing 6"8-6"9 Vonleh to play center in the BIG10 as a true freshman and our guards (outside of Yogi) always had trouble with ball pressure because of a lack of go to ball handlers.

Romeo played injured but averaged 16 points/game as a true freshman and was still drafted in the lottery, James Blackmon was a BIG10 champion and averaged over 16 ppg over his 3 year career. Not to mention Zeller, Gordon, now Jackson Davis ect..

Reactions: SNU0821
Not puffed up....Just laughing at your ignorance. But no fear----I am always here to educate---And free of charge.
Puffed up. The new triggered. My ignorance is my freedom from puffed up sissy refs who do not know shit about anything but whining like a little girl.

you and your little $5 haircut. Did you get the boys regular?
“ I am a ref, for real. I know the rules, no I really do”’. Hahahahahaha

If it helps us with Kaufman, I’m on board haha.
Doesn’t sound like Lander joining IU helps or hurts you guys with Kaufman. That’s based on comments from Brian Snow. I still feel good about where we stand in his recruitment.

Good get by iu in lander, um just got in too late despite him growing up a um fan. He’s pretty awesome but I do worry a bit about him reclassifying up. When guys that aren’t just physical freaks do it, you can sometimes just completely overwhelm them and really hurt their career trajectory.

Good get by iu in lander, um just got in too late despite him growing up a um fan. He’s pretty awesome but I do worry a bit about him reclassifying up. When guys that aren’t just physical freaks do it, you can sometimes just completely overwhelm them and really hurt their career trajectory.

Has nothing to do with UM coming in late. Has everything to do with the job Ostrom and Miller did.

If he reclassified no one would expect him to come in and dominate. Especially since this decision won’t be made until summer and he will miss summer weight training.

Reactions: SNU0821

I’ll take him in 21 with a year of college training than with an extra year of high school. I don’t think there’s a way to diminish a 5* guard coming in a year early but you tried at least.

Has nothing to do with UM coming in late. Has everything to do with the job Ostrom and Miller did.

If he reclassified no one would expect him to come in and dominate. Especially since this decision won’t be made until summer and he will miss summer weight training.

Idk maybe but all his comments talk about he liked iu the most and big reason why is because they prioritized him the most and did it for so long. He was definitely Michigan’s top choice at pg but beilein did a bad job getting in late. Um didn’t start recruiting him until last winter while iu had been recruiting him since 8th grade. Not trying to diminish the job the iu staff did, they whooped the um staff in this recruitment. I am moreso complaining about the um staff taking so long to get into a 5 star Midwest pgs recruitment who grew up a um fan.

Idk maybe but all his comments talk about he liked iu the most and big reason why is because they prioritized him the most and did it for so long. He was definitely Michigan’s top choice at pg but beilein did a bad job getting in late. Um didn’t start recruiting him until last winter while iu had been recruiting him since 8th grade. Not trying to diminish the job the iu staff did, they whooped the um staff in this recruitment. I am moreso complaining about the um staff taking so long to get into a 5 star Midwest pgs recruitment who grew up a um fan.

In all likelihood, a guy from Evansville usually isn’t going to Michigan if he has offers from IU, UK, UL, etc..

Even if he supposedly grew up a UM fan. That part of the state kids usually stays around that area for the most part.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
If Garza and Nunge are on the court together it’s an opposing coaches dream and Iowa Drtg will fall into the 309s.
don't count on it,

when Nunge was a FR
he was the teams 5th leading scorer
2nd on the team in Blocks with 25 [Cook never came close]
3rd on the team is steals with 21 [Cook never came close]
total TO's 32.
15.7 mpg
shooting
44.3% from the field
75.5% from the FTL
33.3% from 3
started @ the 3-4-5
the other teams will have to figure out to get into the lane to score. with Iowa having their top 2 shot blockers playing together will be a match up nightmare.

then there will be JBo and CJ the 2 best 3 point shooter [hopefully fully healthy] to keep teams from dbl'ing and triple teaming Garza.
I expect Weezy to take that next step.

looking at last night these were Kriener's stats
18 minutes
18 points
7 rebounds
1 steal
1 block
5 fouls
the 5th one let MSU go on that run to end the game.
2-4 from 3
5-8 from 2
2-2 from the FTL
he was taken out of the game this allowed MSU to triple team Garza
Pemsl stats
20 minutes
3 points
8 rebounds
1 block

Going gil on one post because it’s pissing me
off about him thinking Nunge and Garza will both start

2021 starting lineup: Bohannon, Fredrick,
C. McCaffery, Wieskamp, Garza
Bench: Toussaint, Perkins/Ulis, P. McCaffery, Pemsl, Nunge

you wanna bet
JBo will not start over JT
maybe over CJ BUT again its not about who starts as it never has under Fran, its all about the hot hand and who is in at the end of games
JW @ the 3
CM @ the 4 depending on the matchups
BUT as FR Garza and Nunge did start together funny how well they played together
Garza
3rd on the team in scoring
1st in blocked shots with 32 blocks
2nd in rebounds
Nunge
5th in scoring
2nd in blocked shots with 25
3rd in steals with 21 steals this while getting starts @ the 3-4 & 5 positions.

now Nunge won't see the floor @ the 3,

the lineup you propose will just continue the dbl and triple teams on Garza all season long AGAIN.
god am I Glad that you are not the coach.

also 6'11 Garza and 6'10 Kriener are starting together and are playing pretty good together. last night they combined for 38 points, 16 rebounds.

now with 7'0 Nunge and 6'11 Garza manning the middle with both being able to shoot the 3, again it all about the match ups.

now if Pemsl returns that gives Fran his do it all player like Baer W/O the 3 point shooting down inside the box. even W/O the freshmen this can be the 2 deeps
1 Toussaint backup JBo
2 CJ backup JBo/CM
3 JW Backup CM
4 Nunge back up Pemsl
5 Garza back up Nunge

not even including PM till he is fully cleared to play that makes a 7 man rotation before PM and the FR need to play.

@LetsGoHawks12 it is much better to be pissed off vs being pissed on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT