ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Yup, this. They could go "small" with a really dangerous lineup of Frederick-Bohannon-Weiskamp-McCaffery-Garza.

Plenty of shooting to surround the likely B1G Preseason POY. If they are just competent defensively and get anything out of Pemsl-Nunge behind Garza, that's a top-10 team on paper.

That hurt to type.
giphy.gif

I realize he'll be a freshman but Hunter Dickinson is a pretty ideal recruit

Oh yeah I’m excited about him. Just meant the uncertainty at the position isn’t ideal. We looked like a pretty good year for Michigan at the 5 with Teske but he has been worse than last year. It’s a position I’d be happy to get average production out of next season.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Oh yeah I’m excited about him. Just meant the uncertainty at the position isn’t ideal. We looked like a pretty good year for Michigan at the 5 with Teske but he has been worse than last year. It’s a position I’d be happy to get average production out of next season.
Had forgotten about this, but when Purdue was in the hunt for Dickinson, I had actually compared him to higher upside Garza. I think he’s gonna be an excellent college player that’s super productive.

In all seriousness, Iowa could be frightening next year. They could return pretty much everyone.
Yup, this. They could go "small" with a really dangerous lineup of Frederick-Bohannon-Weiskamp-McCaffery-Garza.

Plenty of shooting to surround the likely B1G Preseason POY. If they are just competent defensively and get anything out of Pemsl-Nunge behind Garza, that's a top-10 team on paper.

That hurt to type.
Don’t give me this type of hope. They’ll only let me down I’m sure :(

Had forgotten about this, but when Purdue was in the hunt for Dickinson, I had actually compared him to higher upside Garza. I think he’s gonna be an excellent college player that’s super productive.

Think he can be a year 1 contributor? A lot of the home board minds think he’s gotta develop.

Don’t give me this type of hope. They’ll only let me down I’m sure :(
of course not all you want to hear is the worst and pray for them to be worse at any cost.

looking at next years lineup with backups
PG SO Toussaint backup FR Ulis
SG SO Fredrick backups SR Jordan and FR Perkins
WG JR Weezy backup FR Kris Murray
WG JR Connor backup Keegan Murray
C SR Garza backups JR Nungw and FR Ogundele
really think that Pemsl will hang it up this spring
Patrick may not play unless the Dr.s can get his medicine right, talk is he is going to the MAYO clinic to see what they can do for him.

more concerned with his health than if he can/will play again at this point in time,

Jordan is already shooting again and looks to be fully healthy by the 1st of June giving him 6 full months to get into shape to play.

Think he can be a year 1 contributor? A lot of the home board minds think he’s gotta develop.
I think he’ll contribute day 1 offensively and on the glass. I also think he will get exploited some defensively in year 1.

By his sophomore year I think he’ll be one of the best offensive bigs in the league. Just has such a solid skill set and can really pass the ball as well.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I think he’ll contribute day 1 offensively and on the glass. I also think he will get exploited some defensively in year 1.

By his sophomore year I think he’ll be one of the best offensive bigs in the league. Just has such a solid skill set and can really pass the ball as well.

Did you watch the Michigan @ NW game? God if not I gotta get you that video of Teske’s offense. Teske has zero post moves and just throws the ball at the rim. Dickinson seems to have good footwork and touch.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Langford had a case for Big Ten freshman of the year and was the #14 overall pick. The comparison isn’t a bad thing. JC looks like a stud to me so don’t take the comparison as a slight to him.

Langford was great at getting to the rim and had a lot of bounce but wasn’t a good shooter. That’s what I see from JC, even if JC ends up better.
I took shots at that team (what Purdue didn’t?), but Romeo and Morgan definitely weren’t the problem. It was pretty much everyone else.

Did you watch the Michigan @ NW game? God if not I gotta get you that video of Teske’s offense. Teske has zero post moves and just throws the ball at the rim. Dickinson seems to have good footwork and touch.
I caught like the first 5 min then changed it. But not surprised.

Guys like Teske (and Haarms) offensive value comes in being good PNR bigs, but they’re not very good at actually creating their own looks. Dickinson is gonna be very different, way more Garza in that he can score in a bunch of ways.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT