ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

I love the guy that was like NOOOOOOOOOO haha
Had to go check it out. The thing that stuck out to me the most is that there is actually a thread talking about whether a team with a “dominant” defense plus one POY candidate like Iowa can make a deep tourney run. “Dominant” defense???????????????????
RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

Reactions: bMORE607
Had to go check it out. The thing that stuck out to me the most is that there is actually a thread talking about whether a team with a “dominant” defense plus one POY candidate like Iowa can make a deep tourney run. “Dominant” defense???????????????????
The first reply "Do you watch basketball"
RollLaugh

Reactions: VulvHa
Pat Forde :
Assuming he does want to keep coaching, some potential jobs of interest for Beilein:

An itchy Big Ten school (2). After earning nine NCAA tournament bids at Michigan, his track record within the conference is well established. Would Beilein’s availability be enough to push an AD who is on the fence about his current coach into making a move? Say, Indiana or Northwestern?

Archie Miller is in his third year with the Hoosiers and hasn’t yet gotten any traction. His record is 51-40 overall, 23-29 in the Big Ten, and he needs to win some games down the stretch to avoid a third straight season without a Big Dance bid. Chris Collins authored the Northwestern Miracle, earning the school its first-ever NCAA bid in 2017, but he’s also overseen a complete death spiral ever since—the Wildcats are 34-54 the past three seasons, just 11-41 in the conference.

Plenty of dumb people in this world. That's why we are all here instead.

Reactions: VulvHa
Pat Forde :
Assuming he does want to keep coaching, some potential jobs of interest for Beilein:

An itchy Big Ten school (2). After earning nine NCAA tournament bids at Michigan, his track record within the conference is well established. Would Beilein’s availability be enough to push an AD who is on the fence about his current coach into making a move? Say, Indiana or Northwestern?

Archie Miller is in his third year with the Hoosiers and hasn’t yet gotten any traction. His record is 51-40 overall, 23-29 in the Big Ten, and he needs to win some games down the stretch to avoid a third straight season without a Big Dance bid. Chris Collins authored the Northwestern Miracle, earning the school its first-ever NCAA bid in 2017, but he’s also overseen a complete death spiral ever since—the Wildcats are 34-54 the past three seasons, just 11-41 in the conference.
I can't see a guy who is almost 70 wanting to rebuild NW. A school whose pinnacle was a tournament victory.

Reactions: cmore79
This thread is awesome, but too long to go back and start from the beginning. :(

Does anyone know how to just filter down to the savage and emasculating insults? Or maybe just let me know who had their stool pushed in by a fellow poster the furthest and I'll just keep up from here.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Toast. and bMORE607
This thread is awesome, but too long to go back and start from the beginning. :(

Does anyone know how to just filter down to the savage and emasculating insults? Or maybe just let me know who had their stool pushed in by a fellow poster the furthest and I'll just keep up from here.

giphy.gif

Just pick any random page and dive in.

giphy.gif
Go back to the IU-PU game and just go from there.

I wonder if there might be a surprise firing or two at some places that think they have a chance at landing Belein if he leaves the Cavs

I wonder if there might be a surprise firing or two at some places that think they have a chance at landing Belein if he leaves the Cavs
Some ADs will think seriously about not giving their coach “one more year” to right the ship if they think they can get Beilein. Texas and Indiana have been discussed and both could happen. I think Texas makes a lot of sense. It will be fun to follow and see how it all unfolds.

Some ADs will think seriously about not giving their coach “one more year” to right the ship if they think they can get Beilein. Texas and Indiana have been discussed and both could happen. I think Texas makes a lot of sense. It will be fun to follow and see how it all unfolds.
I saw a video that said Jay Wright maybe to the Knicks. If Nova could replace Jay Wright with John Belein that’s a home run hire

I saw a video that said Jay Wright maybe to the Knicks. If Nova could replace Jay Wright with John Belein that’s a home run hire
I haven’t heard that about jay. Beileins age might bother some people there and I’m not sure that I love the “fit” as much. I just see him taking a job that is a big name and underperforming. Texas, Indiana, and honestly I can’t think of another job that I think would be perfect. There are probably a few out there though.

When opposing team sites write stuff like this, you know you've made it in basketball recruiting

"The latest on Christopher is he's, probably, still leaning toward Michigan, which has been his leader for about a month. Nike has been a strong influence here, and Michigan is one of its flagship athletic departments. There are some rumors that the kid himself would like to just stay in Los Angeles and play at UCLA for what he and his entourage believe is a one-year stint in college basketball before he jumps to the NBA. But lately, in fact, in recent days (because this is how quickly this can turn), we've heard, the feeling is that he'll almost certainly go to a Nike school, and Michigan might be the most likely destination."

When opposing team sites write stuff like this, you know you've made it in basketball recruiting

"The latest on Christopher is he's, probably, still leaning toward Michigan, which has been his leader for about a month. Nike has been a strong influence here, and Michigan is one of its flagship athletic departments. There are some rumors that the kid himself would like to just stay in Los Angeles and play at UCLA for what he and his entourage believe is a one-year stint in college basketball before he jumps to the NBA. But lately, in fact, in recent days (because this is how quickly this can turn), we've heard, the feeling is that he'll almost certainly go to a Nike school, and Michigan might be the most likely destination."

giphy.gif

I haven’t heard that about jay. Beileins age might bother some people there and I’m not sure that I love the “fit” as much. I just see him taking a job that is a big name and underperforming. Texas, Indiana, and honestly I can’t think of another job that I think would be perfect. There are probably a few out there though.

I think he’ll either hang them up or go to a smaller school with no pressure to recruit if he goes back to college. One of the major reasons for him leaving was supposedly the grind of college basketball and recruiting. I can’t see him wanting to leave Michigan just to go to a higher pressure situation like IU or Texas

Last edited:
More about the 13 and 8.
top rated play @ 7'1 puts into a better position to do that.

was using what Garza did as a FR to post those numbers
12.1 ppg
6.4 rpg
with Cook posting these
15.3 ppg
6.8 rpg

coming in he is rated top 40
Garza came in rated top 100
so I just judge the numbers off of that

I think he’ll either hang them up or go to a smaller school with no pressure to recruit if he goes back to college. One of the major reasons for him leaving was supposedly the grind of college basketball and recruiting. I can’t see him wanting to leave Michigan just to go to a more high pressure situation like IU or Texas
I can’t say that I disagree with your take either. I was shocked that he went to the cavs. So, obviously I’ve got a track record of not knowing what he is wanting to do.

I can’t say that I disagree with your take either. I was shocked that he went to the cavs. So, obviously I’ve got a track record of not knowing what he is wanting to do.

nobody knows. He’s a wily old coot. Think that’s what makes him such a great strategic coach.

hmmm 10 minutes gone Wiscy 2 TD's with one missed xtra point Purdue 1 TD and 1 fg for a 13-10 score,

they are playing BB and not FB right?

ADVERTISEMENT