ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

In all seriousness, Iowa could be frightening next year. They could return pretty much everyone.
Yup, this. They could go "small" with a really dangerous lineup of Frederick-Bohannon-Weiskamp-McCaffery-Garza.

Plenty of shooting to surround the likely B1G Preseason POY. If they are just competent defensively and get anything out of Pemsl-Nunge behind Garza, that's a top-10 team on paper.

That hurt to type.

Yup, this. They could go "small" with a really dangerous lineup of Frederick-Bohannon-Weiskamp-McCaffery-Garza.

Plenty of shooting to surround the likely B1G Preseason POY. If they are just competent defensively and get anything out of Pemsl-Nunge behind Garza, that's a top-10 team on paper.

That hurt to type.
@Jesus Bohannon is transferring to Kansas

That hurt to type.

If Garza returns he’s probably the preseason NPOY, too.

That hurt to type.
It'll be interesting to see what they do with Toussaint. He's been the starting PG and has been a game-changer as far as bringing a different level of speed to the position Iowa has sorely needed.

If he can become a little more consistent as a scorer, that's just one more weapon for Iowa that teams have to worry about.

There's also Patrick McCaffrey, who was out this year due to residual effects from his cancer treatment. He has still been practicing with the team the entire season.

Patrick is actually expected to be more of a scoring threat than his brother.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks12
It'll be interesting to see what they do with Toussaint. He's been the starting PG and has been a game-changer as far as bringing a different level of speed to the position Iowa has sorely needed.

Patrick is actually expected to be more of a scoring threat than his brother.

TBH, that's not saying much.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks12
Major difference between having trice as your pg when hes your second best player and having brooks as your pg when hes your 5th best player.

Are you sure Todd will even suit up for UM? I haven't seen if that's been confirmed either way yet.

Are you sure Todd will even suit up for UM? I haven't seen if that's been confirmed either way yet.

Still may not but the coaches and commits think he will. He's not high enough profile to get a big enough pro offer and I don't think the guys that went the Aussie route had the greatest experience. Theres a reason why a guy like Jalen green who was seen as a lock to do that is barely considering it now.

Still may not but the coaches and commits think he will. He's not high enough profile to get a big enough pro offer and I don't think the guys that went the Aussie route had the greatest experience. Theres a reason why a guy like Jalen green who was seen as a lock to do that is barely considering it now.

ok, I hadn't seen anything lately. Was just curious. I think it's a stupid route but w/e.

Which should make you all realize how much of a straight shooter I am SmokinSmile

giphy.gif

What does everybody first team all big ten look like?Only lock right now is Garza, and maybe Stix Smith

Good how?

He averages 2.1apg this year. His shooting has definitely improved, but he seems more like a 6' SG than a pure PG.

He’s great defender and won’t initiate the offense, that will be Christopher and Franz. He knows his spots, moves the ball well, and is very good shooter. That is all we need with all the wing pieces we will have next year, need to give more usage to guys like Franz, livers and Christopher not take it away.

god no...I see Steve Francis. I hope I’m right and you’re wrong on this one

Langford had a case for Big Ten freshman of the year and was the #14 overall pick. The comparison isn’t a bad thing. JC looks like a stud to me so don’t take the comparison as a slight to him.

Langford was great at getting to the rim and had a lot of bounce but wasn’t a good shooter. That’s what I see from JC, even if JC ends up better.

Good how?

He averages 2.1apg this year. His shooting has definitely improved, but he seems more like a 6' SG than a pure PG.

He’s definitely not a “pure PG”. Zavier leads the country in assists and Brooks is getting nearly all of his minutes at SG. I don’t think 2.1apg is a big knock when you consider that.

Brooks isn’t going to wow anybody but I think a senior combo guard at the 1 could work fine if the talent we have 2-4 ends up being what it could be.

ADVERTISEMENT