ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Daytona has more TV viewers but the event itself, there is no comparison (Helps not being on a holiday weekend, that is considered the first weekend of summer)

You ever heard of "Month of May?"

Indy Grand Prix (road course), practice for a week, followed by two days of qualifying, followed by Carb Day on the Friday before, followed by the largest sporting event in the world with 300,000 people 250,000 being in the stands.

Once again Daytona...

tenor.gif
the only time I watch the Indy 500 is for the big crash ussually betting on when it would happen and then turn it off. not into indy car racing.

the only time I watch the Indy 500 is for the big crash ussually betting on when it would happen and then turn it off. not into indy car racing.

I am sorry you do not watch the best form of racing in the United States and you prefer to watch toy cars play demolition derby like NASCAR.

Reactions: Hawkmi
the Daytona 500 in Daytona is considered the most watched race there is. PLUS it is the start of the Racing season. like I said Daytona says different about which race is more important.

Daytona will have these on
Feb 9th The Clash at Daytona
Feb 13 Dual #1
Feb 13 Dual #2
Feb 16 the Daytona 500

4 days of Racing for 1 event. to kick off the Racing season.
the Daytona is the #1 racing Event and its not even close as to which is 2nd,

Number 1 racing event?

source.gif

I am sorry you do not watch the best form of racing in the United States and you prefer to watch toy cars play demolition derby like NASCAR.
and I am sorry you like watching car that fall apart like martel toy crash car. NASCAR Does have their own road courses. but you wouldn't know that now would you.

but there is also a NASCAR Track by Newton Iowa. its a short track that is used on the level below the top level although they are looking at putting it on the National level for 1 of the stops.

Hopefully Iowa gets at least one Cup race when NASCAR overhauls the schedule. Seems like a nice facility and provides great racing...designed by Rusty Wallace I believe. The problem seems to be the local infrastructure lacking the capability to host the mass influx of people for a Cup weekend.

Also Indy 500>Daytona 500, mostly for the tradition. But NASCAR>Indy and it's not even close. Indy is dead outside of May.

Hopefully Iowa gets at least one Cup race when NASCAR overhauls the schedule. Seems like a nice facility and provides great racing...designed by Rusty Wallace I believe. The problem seems to be the local infrastructure lacking the capability to host the mass influx of people for a Cup weekend.

Also Indy 500>Daytona 500, mostly for the tradition. But NASCAR>Indy and it's not even close. Indy is dead outside of May.

Obvious bias with Indy, but I quit watching NASCAR awhile ago. Indy has some nice races out here with Long Beach, Portland and Monterey.

Reactions: northeastspartan
Dakich mentioning grant gelan is having the exact triggering effect that he wanted. Fvck you Dan.

Take it back. We're playing Tevian Jones. Let's see if we get Jekyll or Hyde.

ADVERTISEMENT