ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Piscataway fitting right in!
source.gif

Iowa does hold the National Drake relays which host HS, College and Professional track stars, that also is used in qualifying for the Olympics. there are no building big enough to hold the events you speak of as their are no pro sports.

there has been a little talk about getting a Pro team in Iowa, what type is a Unkown, the closest to a big time Pro team is the Cubs Triple A farm club in Des Moines.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard a lot of the epitaphs on the tombstones in Iowa read, "Best day of my life." Kind of sad, if I'm being honest.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard a lot of the epitaphs on the tombstones in Iowa read, "Best day of my life." Kind of sad, if I'm being honest.

That's funny.

Dan Jenkins, the former SI/Golf Digest writer, still has the best quote about this. When asked what was going to be written on his tombstone, Jenkins replied his gravestone will read: "I knew this would happen".

The Natitional Dairy Congress has been around for over 100 years.

but there is also a NASCAR Track by Newton Iowa. its a short track that is used on the level below the top level although they are looking at putting it on the National level for 1 of the stops.
As someone who used to live a mile from an amazing beach...I’m not exactly high on Indiana right now. But, it’s even foolish for an idiot like yourself to use a dairy convention and a track that’s not good enough for the big leagues as examples of why you think Iowa is the better state. Indianapolis is known as a city that has hosted some of the biggest events this country has to offer. Also, it has one of the most famous race tracks and actual races in sports.

you should have just stuck with saying that you have prettier cows...it would have been a better argument for you.

As someone who used to live a mile from an amazing beach...I’m not exactly high on Indiana right now. But, it’s even foolish for an idiot like yourself to use a dairy convention and a track that’s not good enough for the big leagues as examples of why you think Iowa is the better state. Indianapolis is known as a city that has hosted some of the biggest events this country has to offer. Also, it has one of the most famous race tracks and actual races in sports.

you should have just stuck with saying that you have prettier cows...it would have been a better argument for you.

lol savage.

Iowa does hold the National Drake relays which host HS, College and Professional track stars, that also is used in qualifying for the Olympics. there are no building big enough to hold the events you speak of as their are no pro sports.

there has been a little talk about getting a Pro team in Iowa, what type is a Unkown, the closest to a big time Pro team is the Cubs Triple A farm club in Des Moines.
I'm well aware that the Drake Relays are the poor man's Penn Relays.

Reactions: dukedevilz

I realize it's not year round, but there are a few outstanding beaches in Indiana and along the Great Lakes

You all need to have a football game at the Indianpolis Motor Speedway like Tennessee/Virginia Tech had a few years ago in Bristol. 157,000 in attendance.

USATSI_9533234_168381178_lowres-1.jpg

It'd be terrible. 250,000+ capacity they'd have to play on the golf course, people would need binocs, there'd be 20k maybe if it was an Indiana game. It'd be embarrassing.

Reactions: dukedevilz
You all need to have a football game at the Indianpolis Motor Speedway like Tennessee/Virginia Tech had a few years ago in Bristol. 157,000 in attendance.

USATSI_9533234_168381178_lowres-1.jpg

That track is an 1/8 mile IMS is 2.5 miles around. With the golf course and garage areas all inside there isn’t enough room. Went to the Stones at IMS and the concert area was a cluster ****. They have plenty of space but structures that get in the way

For reference with how massive the inside of IMS is
906e8c672db8011aa5a7dafc3eba8c50.jpg

Kp record predictions listed by predicted B1G finish. Who gets in and who doesn't?

MSU 22-9 14-6
Mary 22-9 12-8
Rut 21-10 12-8
Iowa 21-10 12-8
Ill 19-12 11-9
Wis 19-12 11-9
Ind 20-11 10-10
OSU 20-11 10-10
PSU 20-11 10-10
Mich 19-12 10-10
Pu 17-14 10-10
Minn 16-14 10-10
The other two don't matter

To me the line clearly would be at Michigan and above. Having 17 or 18 wins would be hard for me to believe they'd get in but this year who knows.

Reactions: SNU0821
Kp record predictions listed by predicted B1G finish. Who gets in and who doesn't?

MSU 22-9 14-6
Mary 22-9 12-8
Rut 21-10 12-8
Iowa 21-10 12-8
Ill 19-12 11-9
Wis 19-12 11-9
Ind 20-11 10-10
OSU 20-11 10-10
PSU 20-11 10-10
Mich 19-12 10-10
Pu 17-14 10-10
Minn 16-14 10-10
The other two don't matter

Purdue on the bubble (they get in) Minnesota does not. Everyone else is in.

Not a chance with only 17 wins. They'd have to pick up at a minimum one win in the BTT.

10-10 in conference means they have plenty of good wins compared to other bubble teams. They would be in in my opinion

If the projections goes as they say the B1G teams will have plenty of wins compared to other conference. Even if they are all against each other the teams will still be strong in the rankings

How the hell is SHU ranked ahead of MSU when we are both 14-4, MSU plays a tougher schedule, and we beat them at their place? o_O

Gary Parrish -There is nothing dumber than fans making the “we beat them so we should be ranked ahead of them” claim. I hear it everyday. If you think Iowa should be ranked ahead of Texas Tech b/c it beat Texas Tech, do you also think DePaul should be ranked ahead of Iowa b/c it beat Iowa?

Not a chance with only 17 wins. They'd have to pick up at a minimum one win in the BTT.
Yeah, if we win 17 in the regular season, and get 1 in the BTT, it'd depend on the bubble. Our schedule would likely earn us some points, but it'd be hard to say if that's in or out. My guess is the B1G's depth would be appreciated though and we'd squeak in.

And at this point, that's probably not too far off from where we'll likely be at season's end. The offense is just far too inconsistent at this point to expect much more.

Reactions: SNU0821
10-10 in conference means they have plenty of good wins compared to other bubble teams. They would be in in my opinion

If the projections goes as they say the B1G teams will have plenty of wins compared to other conference. Even if they are all against each other the teams will still be strong in the rankings
Yep. I mean nearly every B1G road game is a Quad1 game, and every B1G home game is a Quad2 at worst.

Reactions: klize17 and SNU0821
Yeah, if we win 17 in the regular season, and get 1 in the BTT, it'd depend on the bubble. Our schedule would likely earn us some points, but it'd be hard to say if that's in or out. My guess is the B1G's depth would be appreciated though and we'd squeak in.

And at this point, that's probably not too far off from where we'll likely be at season's end. The offense is just far too inconsistent at this point to expect much more.

I can see this. BTT will be a blood bath. May have to sneak up to Indy this year.

Gary Parrish -There is nothing dumber than fans making the “we beat them so we should be ranked ahead of them” claim. I hear it everyday. If you think Iowa should be ranked ahead of Texas Tech b/c it beat Texas Tech, do you also think DePaul should be ranked ahead of Iowa b/c it beat Iowa?
DePaul should have at one time been rated higher than Iowa, but they lost 4 straight to sit at 1-4 in the BE that's a no brainer,

as for TT that win was on a neutral court, then TT lost to DePaul. SO in this case Iowa should be ranked above TT and DePaul should be ranked above them both.
DePaul 13-5 2-0
Iowa 13-5 1-1
TT 12-5 0-2

in this the head to head and the overall records makes it real easy to determine how they should be ranked

We have more windmills than Indiana. Lol

Reactions: jace4655555
DePaul should have at one time been rated higher than Iowa, but they lost 4 straight to sit at 1-4 in the BE that's a no brainer,

as for TT that win was on a neutral court, then TT lost to DePaul. SO in this case Iowa should be ranked above TT and DePaul should be ranked above them both.
DePaul 13-5 2-0
Iowa 13-5 1-1
TT 12-5 0-2

in this the head to head and the overall records makes it real easy to determine how they should be ranked
I have to agree with you here. Depaul went on a losing streak.

Iowa, Texas Tech have similar records and a head to head matchup on a neutral floor.

Didn’t realize Daytona was called the greatest spectacle in racing.
the Daytona 500 in Daytona is considered the most watched race there is. PLUS it is the start of the Racing season. like I said Daytona says different about which race is more important.

Daytona will have these on
Feb 9th The Clash at Daytona
Feb 13 Dual #1
Feb 13 Dual #2
Feb 16 the Daytona 500

4 days of Racing for 1 event. to kick off the Racing season.
the Daytona is the #1 racing Event and its not even close as to which is 2nd,

Reactions: northeastspartan
the Daytona 500 in Daytona is considered the most watched race there is. PLUS it is the start of the Racing season. like I said Daytona says different about which race is more important.

Daytona will have these on
Feb 9th The Clash at Daytona
Feb 13 Dual #1
Feb 13 Dual #2
Feb 16 the Daytona 500

4 days of Racing for 1 event. to kick off the Racing season.
the Daytona is the #1 racing Event and its not even close as to which is 2nd,

Daytona has more TV viewers but the event itself, there is no comparison (Helps not being on a holiday weekend, that is considered the first weekend of summer)

You ever heard of "Month of May?"

Indy Grand Prix (road course), practice for a week, followed by two days of qualifying, followed by Carb Day on the Friday before, followed by the largest sporting event in the world with 300,000 people 250,000 being in the stands.

Once again Daytona...

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT