ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Uh, UM not winning the big ten in football in 15 years is far worse. MSU basketball has won the big ten and big ten tournament numerous times. We don’t even recognize the big ten tournament. We’ve also won the rose bowl, sugar bowl, been to the CFP, and won the big ten 3 times in that same time span. Now that you pointed it out, UM sure has sucked dong in football for a long time.

Laughable take.

Winning conference titles is fine, but I will reiterate this is the first time in nine years that your supposed elite program has been the final dog left in the Big Ten.

That is a very lengthy stretch where the Big Ten has not had their final hope come down to Msu.

Congrats on finally snapping the streak!

Winning conference titles is fine, but I will reiterate this is the first time in nine years that your supposed elite program has been the final dog left in the Big Ten.

That is a very lengthy stretch where the Big Ten has not had their final hope come down to Msu.

Kind of a weird / dumb stat anyway, IMO.

Has anyone, ever, used that as a stat to compare conference teams?

Such a weird way to trash talk your rival.

Yeah at this point I don’t know how you can keep doubting Purdue or painter in the pre-season. He’s clearly hitting a stride and you have to give him and his teams the benefit of the doubt. I don’t see Purdue falling out of a top 4 finish for quite sometime.

Classic. Reminds me of the statements after the baby boiler years “Purdue will finish ahead of Indiana for the foreseeable future.”

How big do you think Megan Gustafson’s strap-on is?

125.jpg

Yeah they obviously won’t have an alpha like Carsen next season but structurally they won’t be much different. I think hunter/Newman will fill the Carsen slot, IT take Hunters role of being back up pg, Sasha fill Clines role, Wheeler for Grady but obviously be more aggressive than Grady offensively.

I think they’ll run a little more through the post but will still be a lot of pick and roll actions.

Nojel/IT
Hunter/Newman
Sasha
Wheeler/Gillis (?)
Haarms/Trevion

I think Gillis has a high likelyhood of never playing significant minutes for Purdue. Unfortunately, his knee is in bad shape.

I think Gillis has a high likelyhood of never playing significant minutes for Purdue. Unfortunately, his knee is in bad shape.
I think if you know that to be fact, you are way out of line sharing sensitive medical information on a message board.

And if you do not know that to be fact, you should stay in your lane bro.

I think if you know that to be fact, you are way out of line sharing sensitive medical information on a message board.

Ignore this dude. He was posting all doom and gloom on the Purdue board last night.

https://www.chatsports.com/ball-sta...-commit-new-castle-star-mason-gillis-14706285

Serious knee injuries or leg injuries are very difficult for basketball people to come back from when they have complications or recurrance. It took JT 4 years to get over the stress fractures in his feet for example.

https://www.chatsports.com/ball-sta...-commit-new-castle-star-mason-gillis-14706285

Serious knee injuries or leg injuries are very difficult for basketball people to come back from when they have complications or recurrance. It took JT 4 years to get over the stress fractures in his feet for example.
I've read that article. There is absolutely nothing in it to suggest that Gillis' knee is in bad shape or that he can't fully recover or that it will impact him at Purdue.

Thinking the ncaa tournament doesn’t matter if you don’t win it all is mindnunbingly stupid.
Go back and look at the context of the posts...my position is that a one and done tourney with huge variance doesn’t determine the value of a coach. It’s a crap shoot. Go back and cherry pick another one of my several posts where I said I loved the tourney. I would love for Purdue to do well every year but it doesn’t change My perception of Painter.

Last year Bennet lost to a 16. Last year Beilein gets to the Natty. It’s flipped this year to some extent. Doesn’t change the fact they are both excellent coaches. Nothing mind numbing about it.

Congratulations to Ryan Cline and Carsen Edwards being named to All South Regional team. And again to MOP Carsen Edwards. I really think the kid just put a few million is his pockets with that performance. What a great run by a fun team! Provided two of the best games this year in the dance. Wait till next year - I think they will make a run again. Good luck Sparty posters.

We made the FF in 2015 you idiot.

Your butthurt is strong

We made the FF in 2015 you idiot.

Your butthurt is strong

The technicality is that Wisconsin was runner up, so we didn't go the furthest. Same in 2014 when we made the Elite 8, but Wisconsin made the Final 4.

Still, a weirdly specific "stat" to use in argument anyway

Go back and look at the context of the posts...my position is that a one and done tourney with huge variance doesn’t determine the value of a coach. It’s a crap shoot. Go back and cherry pick another one of my several posts where I said I loved the tourney. I would love for Purdue to do well every year but it doesn’t change My perception of Painter.

Last year Bennet lost to a 16. Last year Beilein gets to the Natty. It’s flipped this year to some extent. Doesn’t change the fact they are both excellent coaches. Nothing mind numbing about it.

You literally said that unless you win the tournament it means nothing because no other sport celebrates second place or losers. Dumb.

Reactions: SNU0821
All I’m saying is this years run was more about have Carson Edwards than the program .
I can see how it may have looked that way, but when a guy is hitting shots like that, the rest of the team doesn't even get a chance to do anything. The Tennessee game is a better indicator because it was way more than just Carsen. That was a solid team effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: klize17
You literally said that unless you win the tournament it means nothing because no other sport celebrates second place or losers. Dumb.
I also said tourney success is a poor indicator of coaching talent. Why don’t you ever address my main point? Does Beilein suck this year...you on the fire Beilien train again? Dumb.

I can see how it may look that way, but when a guy is hitting shots like that, the rest of the team doesn't even get a chance to do anything. The Tennessee game is a better indicator because it was way more than just Carsen. That was a solid team effort.

Yeah last night it was obvious early this was going to be the Carsen show and he showed up

Reactions: Boilermaker03
The technicality is that Wisconsin was runner up, so we didn't go the furthest. Same in 2014 when we made the Elite 8, but Wisconsin made the Final 4.

Still, a weirdly specific "stat" to use in argument anyway

How about this for simplicity....

This is the first time since 2010 where Michigan State has had the best season of all Big Ten schools. Right?

You have a good argument for 2016, but for no other year in that span.

No other sport celebrates second place so that makes the tournament meaningless if you don’t win. Brilliant logic.
Again I didn’t say it so I’m gonna pass on any further back and forth as you are being obtuse and refuse to take a stance on the central point. Very Hail like.

Standing by that. Name one other sport where almost winning effing matters? World Cup? Super Bowl? NBA? Indy 500? Olympic Sports? Funny thing is all those I just named the second place team/competitor actually performed to some level that indicated they earned that spot. The NCAA doesn’t remotely represent that. I know why you are so sensitive due to the laughably easy bracket UM faced in 2018. Seriously you face Villanova the EE they don’t sniff a FF. UM faced an 11 - to get to the championship. Tell me where I’m wrong. UM was lucky. They are not alone. Thus my view of a FF. Win a natty I’ll applaud.

BTW I am not alone in that opinion. Regardless collective opinion is rarely a gauge on reality.

Again I didn’t say it so I’m gonna pass on any further back and forth as you are being obtuse and refuse to take a stance on the central point. Very Hail like.

Awkward

Reactions: SNU0821
ADVERTISEMENT