ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Mad respect to Purdue fans on this board. Your team was awesome and Carsen was flat out unbelievable. That was one of the best games I've ever seen and it sucks that someone had to lose.
Thanks. Such a fine line in college basketball. One play away from losing to Tennessee and one play away from beating Virginia. That’s basketball. It hurts but it is what it is. Like the trajectory of our program.

Mad respect to Purdue fans on this board. Your team was awesome and Carsen was flat out unbelievable. That was one of the best games I've ever seen and it sucks that someone had to lose.
GG...good luck. I’m dying inside but that was a great game. How the **** did that happen?

Reactions: jhmossy

Congrats! Nice to see after last years epic failure. Enjoyed see dick and keady in the stands. Both in pure agony.

Reactions: jhmossy and SNU0821
On the whole, I never would have guessed Purdue would ever be in this position to start the year. I wasn’t doom and gloom on this year’s team but I sure as hell never thought they’d be on the cusp of a final 4. So fvckin proud of this team.

I believe in Painter. I believe in this program. I believe in my school. I believe in alcohol to drown my sorrows. See you fvckers in the off-season thread.

On the whole, I never would have guessed Purdue would ever be in this position to start the year. I wasn’t doom and gloom on this year’s team but I sure as hell never thought they’d be on the cusp of a final 4. So fvckin proud of this team.

I believe in Painter. I believe in this program. I believe in my school. I believe in alcohol to drown my sorrows. See you fvckers in the off-season thread.

Hell of a season with a great great player

Reactions: otte21
Thanks. Such a fine line in college basketball. One play away from losing to Tennessee and one play away from beating Virginia. That’s basketball. It hurts but it is what it is. Like the trajectory of our program.
Hey man. Where was Cline tonight?

I think that’s fair. Like I said, I think Duke, UVA and Texas Tech beats you guys. Not sure on UK, MSU, Auburn or Gonzaga. I think an Auburn/Purdue game would have been fun as hell to watch.
Agreed. I don't think we could have hung with the blue bloods had we won this game. But.....IDK, I didn't think we could hang with UT.
We were playing our best ball at the right time. What surprised me the most was how well and consistent Carsen played in the tournament. His game was trending down......badly.......at the end of the season. The light came on for him big time in those 4 games. Massive turnaround.

Probably...not sure. But I am sure we aren’t hanging a lost to 6th seed at home in the NIT with a lottery pick picking his nose on the bench banner.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SNU0821
Pig was happy before the tournament since they don’t matter
To be fair I don’t have the same lofty expectations that plague IU fans. You expect better- bowing out of the NIT at home has to be unbearable. Meanwhile I have to live with an NCAA OT loss to a one seed with a team full of scrubs and a chucker. Next year- IU will be looking up at Purdue...again.

To be fair I don’t have the same lofty expectations that plague IU fans. You expect better- bowing out of the NIT at home has to be unbearable. Meanwhile I have to live with an NCAA OT loss to a one seed with a team full of scrubs and a chucker. Next year- IU will be looking up at Purdue...again.

Record for most reply’s to one post?

Agreed. I don't think we could have hung with the blue bloods had we won this game. But.....IDK, I didn't think we could hang with UT.
We were playing our best ball at the right time. What surprised me the most was how well and consistent Carsen played in the tournament. His game was trending down......badly.......at the end of the season. The light came on for him big time in those 4 games. Massive turnaround.
I think it was trending down because of his back. Will never know for sure, but that week off before the tournament I think was just what the Dr ordered.

Honestly, I think most people didn't care either way if they won a single game in the NIT. But you knew that

Standing by that. Name one other sport where almost winning effing matters? World Cup? Super Bowl? NBA? Indy 500? Olympic Sports? Funny thing is all those I just named the second place team/competitor actually performed to some level that indicated they earned that spot. The NCAA doesn’t remotely represent that. I know why you are so sensitive due to the laughably easy bracket UM faced in 2018. Seriously you face Villanova the EE they don’t sniff a FF. UM faced an 11 - to get to the championship. Tell me where I’m wrong. UM was lucky. They are not alone. Thus my view of a FF. Win a natty I’ll applaud.

BTW I am not alone in that opinion. Regardless collective opinion is rarely a gauge on reality.

I am pretty happy. I never said it doesn’t matter- I said it doesn’t determine the the value of a coach. But you be you man - NIT or bust.

o_O

ADVERTISEMENT