ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

I think Wisco wins by 8+ and OSU loses by 10+.

You have my permission to roast me when both of those things are wildly incorrect. I'm riding high from my Iowa moneyline bet that made no logical sense but was correct.
giphy.gif

Reactions: bMORE607
The amount of trolling the Iowa fans do to the outsiders is astonishing. I’m counting Gil in this even though he’s not intentionally trolling.
Three words. Hawkeye Report Off Topic. There isn't anything legal on the internet that hasn't happened there.

Has Oregon turned into a decent team or did Wisconsin just shit the bed?

ok don't bet on sports so I didn't know that it could be done by the half, I stick to the lucky 7's slot machines. last time I played one was when I was in Reno 9 years ago and won 689 dollars, took the tickets cashed it in and went to round up the family to eat then went to my room to rest. drove to Reno 6 weeks after having a triple by pass,

was supposed to bowl in the USB Nationals Son needed a new partner while I watched.5 1/2 months later had my stroke that left my left arm useless and my left leg very weak.

Mother-in-law had a mild one almost two years ago and she still struggles at times. Mornings are the worst.

I normally don’t bother with the other threads on this board, but decided to read through a few of them, and here are my observations:

1) Some of these dudes get triggered so easily by some obvious troll jobs

2) They somehow think that they can sht talk better than the regulars in this thread. They don’t realize how much sht has been thrown around here and in the offseason thread. Most of them just aren’t at the same level. It’s similar to a basketball team that has played a crap schedule vs. a team that has played a top 5 schedule.

3) I have to hand it to the Iowa folks as well as BMore and Hail. Top notch performance.

The amount of trolling the Iowa fans do to the outsiders is astonishing. I’m counting Gil in this even though he’s not intentionally trolling.
Welcome to the inside. You get it. Minnesota always hates us even when we're both bad or they're good and we're bad (**** if I know why - it's discernibly different weather if you've ever spent time between I-80 and Minneapolis and they definitely hold the award for worst accent in the original Big Ten over Wisconsin and both still top Baltimore for obnoxious).

I just started a discussion about regional awareness on the board and you're welcome to join.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/r...reness-during-the-ncaa-tourney-thread.871973/

Edit: "Regional awareness"

I normally don’t bother with the other threads on this board, but decided to read through a few of them, and here are my observations:

2) They somehow think that they can sht talk better than the regulars in this thread. They don’t realize how much sht has been thrown around here and in the offseason thread. Most of them just aren’t at the same level. It’s similar to a basketball team that has played a crap schedule vs. a team that has played a top 5 schedule.

3) I have to hand it to the Iowa folks as well as BMore and Hail. Top notch performance.

Yeah don't understand why some people get offended so easily and quickly...

Yeah don't understand why some people get offended so easily and quickly...

It’s the same conference nut huggers. No offense but IDGAF what you guys do in the tourney. I want Maryland to win it all. It would be cool if a B1G team won it so they can stop with that bullshit that the B1G sucks because nobody’s won it in however long, but besides that idc.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
It’s the same conference nut huggers. No offense but IDGAF what you guys do in the tourney. I want Maryland to win it all. It would be cool if a B1G team won it so they can stop with that bullshit that the B1G sucks because nobody’s won it in however long, but besides that idc.
I’ll be rooting for Iowa so that in the event that Purdue wins, we won’t have to play Tenn. Otherwise, I’ll root for B1G teams in general except certain instances. However, if they lose, I’m like you....meh my team is all I really care about.

Izzo is a candidate for B1G GOAT coaches. I'm somewhere adrift left of center but I don't understand this "controversy." ESPN made a Bobby Knight documentary for cable only a few years before they started 30 for 30. Now they're trying to poke at Izzo. Bullshit. I live 1.5 miles from where the Spartans in Des Moines are probably staying. I would be okay if one of them offered to buy my drinks for the rest of the evening downtown. I can show them the city*. Probably even hook them up with a little bit of weed if they can wait for the bus schedule.

Yup, all you assholes can lose your next game. :) Conference pride is for fans of teams that haven’t done shit ever.

Yup, all you assholes can lose your next game. :) Conference pride is for fans of teams that haven’t done shit ever.
LOL. You didn't have any fans until your university ripped off Iowa (Hayden/Barry). Now you're hot shit (only P5 school in a decent sized state). All the vowel-challenged states surrounding can blow me (Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois in that order of worst accent). Nebraska folks are only obnoxious because they are believers. They, at least, sound like human beings when they speak.

GFY

Reactions: VulvHa
Izzo is a candidate for B1G GOAT coaches. I'm somewhere adrift left of center but I don't understand this "controversy." ESPN made a Bobby Knight documentary for cable only a few years before they started 30 for 30. Now they're trying to poke at Izzo. Bullshit. I live 1.5 miles from where the Spartans in Des Moines are probably staying. I would be okay if one of them offered to buy my drinks for the rest of the evening downtown. I can show them the city*. Probably even hook them up with a little bit of weed if they can wait for the bus schedule.

What's your address? I can be there in 20min

What's your address? I can be there in 20min
Do you enjoy the areas between E. 14th on University and Windsor Heights on University? And what are you offering for the booze? I'm Des Moines proper and I live in the "hood." Near a bunch of couldn't-get-into-a-real-exclusive-school-like-Grinnell Drake trust fund students who are paying too much for regional education fare.

Me either, I've never done stuff like that. I'm innocent.
Just to prove that I'm not a druggie loser and I am a positive contribution to my community and society at large, I have to say that you should have used "neither." No sweat off my back; you claim Indiana. But you do get it. The only people in the world who know what a tenderloin sandwich are reside in either Indiana or Iowa. On face value, you seem to know both. And everyone else is missing out. What can I say? Fly over me, we don't need you here.

True story*. My aunt got a partial scholarship to play basketball and attend a small D-2 school in Connecticut. When she arrived on campus, it was a culture shock. She had never seen so many wealthy people. First day of practice, the coach is doing the introductions meeting. Say something interesting about yourself, that sort of thing. My aunt says "I'm from Iowa, where are you from?" This well-to-do lousy guard retorts "I'm from a place where we don't end sentences with prepositions." My aunt didn't take kindly to that and she asked "Where are you from, bitch?"

Reactions: boilerzz
Just to prove that I'm not a druggie loser and I am a positive contribution to my community and society at large, I have to say that you should have used "neither." No sweat off my back; you claim Indiana. But you do get it. The only people in the world who know what a tenderloin sandwich are reside in either Indiana or Iowa. On face value, you seem to know both. And everyone else is missing out. What can I say? Fly over me, we don't need you here.

Should I drop anything on my way over? Chicken parm sandwich? Decent looking woman? I assume the answer is “anything but corn”, correct?

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Should I drop anything on my way over? Chicken parm sandwich? Decent looking woman? I assume the answer is “anything but corn”, correct?
I have carney (not carnal) knowledge about corn, bro. I have lived all but 2 years of 30 in Iowa. I have been on one actual farm in Iowa (have an uncle who broke free from the broke urban white Catholic stranglehold of working in meat packing plants or at John Deere). What you know as corn is sweet corn. Sweet corn is basically a garden vegetable novelty in Iowa. Field corn is a different thing. Florida and Georgia actually grow incredible early season sweet corn. I was a child carney working mostly just state of Iowa events all over when I learned this. We had a sweet corn roaster and could pump out dozens and dozens of fresh ears per hour if the demand was there. Prior to late June, all of the sweet corn was supplied by the less famous farmers of Florida and Georgia. I don't know ag, but I do know that. I don't know much, but I do know that.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Is no one else watching this game? I know some of you took the day off and started boozing early, but it’s not even midnight yet. I take back my comment about the top notch performance.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
Fck nice win Buckeyes! 7-1 ain’t bad at all. Badgers, you sht the bed and ruined the party...

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT