ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

hey clock operator:

tenor.gif

Fran's 3rd straight 1st round win and his 1st as the Iowa coach to beat a higher ranked seed. this wins made a lot of the wagon jumpers on Hawkeye Report and Hawkeye Nation were exposed as the haters/morons they really are.,

Fran's 3rd straight 1st round win and his 1st as the Iowa coach to beat a higher ranked seed. this wins made a lot of the wagon jumpers on Hawkeye Report and Hawkeye Nation were exposed as the haters/morons they really are.,

They'll probably lose to a very good Tennessee team but good win today.

Only Michigan and Minnesota have looked good among Big Ten teams so far but it's the tournament. Survive and advance! 6-0. I'd love to get to 8-0 but I don't think OSU has much of a chance and I'm not confident Wisky can beat Oregon.
I think Wisco wins by 8+ and OSU loses by 10+.

You have my permission to roast me when both of those things are wildly incorrect. I'm riding high from my Iowa moneyline bet that made no logical sense but was correct.

I think Wisco wins by 8+ and OSU loses by 10+.

You have my permission to roast me when both of those things are wildly incorrect. I'm riding high from my Iowa moneyline bet that made no logical sense but was correct.
I agree with you. Wiscy will take care of business while tOSU will get throttled.

From an article in Minnesota about two bar owners being charged a felony for purchasing 10 kegs in Wisconsin and bringing it back to Maple Grove to sell in their bar:
"Spotted Cow is described by its makers as a “traditional farmhouse ale, hand-crafted and unfiltered with complex flavors.”

The owners say they don’t want — or need — to deal with the byzantine tax and distribution systems that come with selling their beer outside their home state. “There’s no reason,” said New Glarus co-owner Deb Carey. “We’re growing so fast and it’s still hard to keep up with demand here.”

She and husband Dan have been brewing in New Glarus since 1993. They have no ambitions to expand nationally or globally. Instead, Deb Carey said, they’re “committed to brewing world-class beer and taking care of the people who work for us.”

She said they’d rather steer the conversation about beer away from the theme of constant growth and toward the appreciation of a good brew. “We want to talk about beer being a food, with a rich history,” said Deb. “About how it’s hard to make, has a wide range of flavors, is very accessible and can add pleasure to life. And that we should treat it with respect.”

And she thinks there’s much to be said for regional diversity. “From my point of view, when you get off a plane you don’t want to see one chain store after another and everything looking just like it does at home. Like everything else, I think food should have a regionality to it.”

Still, she wasn’t surprised to hear about the Maple Grove case. It’s happened before. A New York City sports bar was caught in 2009 selling Spotted Cow for $7 a bottle. Again, no license or distribution rights to get it from New Glarus to the Big Apple. The owners paid a $20,000 fine.

“Sure, I’m flattered that people like it so much, and a felony seems like a heavy price to pay, but c’mon,” she said. “They knew the rules,” she said.

Carey said New Glarus could expand wildly, and successfully, if it chose to do so. “We could be worldwide, if that was the goal. It’s absolutely in my power and it wouldn’t take very long,” she said. “But why would I?”"

Also Deb:
hpb.gif

Someone tell him to take me off ignore and tell him, I will settle for this. I want more though.

ADVERTISEMENT