ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some times refs have the fan in them and try to keep the game close. I am surprised they never called a 3 second.

Reactions: jwardelt
I’m not sure why Purdue fans are so up in arms about the officiating. There were a couple of bad calls, but nothing egregious impacted the game. Edey’s fouls were fouls, and there were a couple uncalled. It wasn’t perfect, but it was above average for a college game.
Agreed. The refs did a good job (despite Coleman Hawkins thinking otherwise 😣)

Reactions: Jaycg15
Does that dude drive you guys crazy? If he played for Purdue, I’d be telling him to shut the fvck up and play. The asking for a flop while he was sitting on Jones was an all timer.
Surprised he didn’t get T’ed up lol. I heard he flipped the bird at one point to the crowd?

Reactions: RichieRebel
Not bad for a team that can’t shoot, rebound, dribble, play defense, or walk and chew gum at the same time.

Amirite @Cornicator ?

I hope he owns that. It was Uber aggressive and clearly biased.

I just thought it was stupid. Barring injuries I don’t see 10-10 for this years team. We get Connor cooking and we’ll be tough to beat.

Every team in the Big Ten has about 2 to 3 games per season where they shoot out of their ass at home.

This was one of those games for Wisconsin. Things will start changing as they get outside the Kohl Center.

Every team in the Big Ten has about 2 to 3 games per season where they shoot out of their ass at home.

This was one of those games for Wisconsin. Things will start changing as they get outside the Kohl Center.
They pumping lead into your coffee?

• Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
Does that dude drive you guys crazy? If he played for Purdue, I’d be telling him to shut the fvck up and play. The asking for a flop while he was sitting on Jones was an all timer.
He is a constant topic between fans. I don’t like him…never have. But he’s fun to watch when he is locked in.

Certainly a foul. My guess here----Maybe they felt he moved under him, while he was in the air---Which can be an F1; unnecessary contact. IMO, that is reach. Looks like PU player lost his footing when ILL player left the floor.

I have been out the college game full circle for a few years now---Possible there is some sort of POE, here. I dunno.

Just not sure how its an F1. The "C" official---is that Green? He just gives the---"I got nadda here.."---Which is as bizzare as the F1. It is a foul.
Not all fouls are intentional, sometimes you end up in a position that gets you rung up. This replay looks as if the guy backs up and unintentionally undercuts. That is a foul regardless.

edit: Ware got one the other night. Completely unintentional but the contact to the head was there and he got the F1.

Flagrant was a questionable call, but Jones definitely displaced him. He jumps and lands in the same spot if he doesn’t roll down Jones’s back. Definitely a foul. Just don’t think you can make it flagrant.
You need to go and rewatch the play that @boilerzz linked. The "longer look". Once contact is made in the box out, Jones doesn't move until the Illinois player jumps. There was no displacement by Jones.

I did not see this particular play so won't judge but "rooting" guys out and otherwise displacing them happens all the time and is rarely called.
I agree with you, however Jones does not root the player out. They are stationary for about 2 seconds until the Illinois player jumps.

I’m not sure why Purdue fans are so up in arms about the officiating. There were a couple of bad calls, but nothing egregious impacted the game. Edey’s fouls were fouls, and there were a couple uncalled. It wasn’t perfect, but it was above average for a college game.
I don't think anyone said the officiating was bad as a whole. Just the two calls that IMO should have been reversed. Still don't think Jones displaced anyone on that play so should have been a foul on the Illinois player.

He(ILL) didn't jumps iver his back----He went straight up. PU kid possibly moves under him, with displacement. I have watched this more than I should have, tbh....And tbh, I'm just not sure there is much here. It looks bad, for certain. With that being said, I just cant see an F1 here. I can see justifying a foul----but not a flagrant.
Then why wouldn't every player being boxed out not jump in the air to get fouled like in this play? That seems like a faulty rule.

Not all fouls are intentional, sometimes you end up in a position that gets you rung up. This replay looks as if the guy backs up and unintentionally undercuts. That is a foul regardless.

edit: Ware got one the other night. Completely unintentional but the contact to the head was there and he got the F1.
@IUfanBorden @Jaycg15 The more I think about it, you're probably right. Definitely not intentional. Definitely should not have been an F1. However, he was pretty aggressively pushed into his box out thus causing him to "fall" backwards when the Illinois player jumped. He was off balance in his box out. Can't do that.

Last edited:

Ju_an has given up on the season.
If you aren’t the coach you don’t get the loss.

giphy.gif

Reactions: cmore79

Rule needs fixed

Reactions: Boilermaker03
@IUfanBorden @Jaycg15 The more I think about it, you're probably right. Definitely not intentional. Definitely should not have been an F1. However, he was pretty aggressively pushed into his box out thus causing him to "fall" backwards when the Illinois player jumped. He was off balance in his box out. Can't do that.
Its close, tbh.

I can live with a foul, here. But not a flagrant. Showed this video to couple of my buds who work college. The consensus was----If they felt he intentianlly done this, it has to be an F2----After all, that's a really dangerous play. BUt the rule does state----"unnecessary contact"---So there is that.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT