ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purdue fans, the blueprint for beating FDU and Northwestern is shooting the ball very well and not letting them shoot the ball well, fyi.
giphy.gif

Indiana visiting Nebraska tonight and playing offense like a Big Ten West team.

It’s fun to follow a Nebraska basketball team that can actually make shots….that doesn’t happen very often.

X played. Better than I expected under the circumstances. His defensive footwork is way behind where he was. Reaching. That will come back.

Had some sharp passes, four TOs but only two were on him.
He's a 6th year senior and finished 0-3 0pts and 4 turnovers, he had a KP Ortg of 35 the lowest of anyone who played last night.

• Wow
Reactions: Boilermaker03
He's a 6th year senior and finished 0-3 0pts and 4 turnovers, he had a KP Ortg of 35 the lowest of anyone who played last night.
You need to read my post again.

He played better than I expected under the circumstances.

Bart Torvik projected records:

1 Purdue 17-3 (28-3)
2 Illinois 14-6 (23-8)
3 Wisky 13-7 (21-10)
Ohio State 13-7 (23-8)
MSU 13-7 (21-10)
6 Nebraska 11-9 (21-10)
7 NW 9-11 (18-13)
8 Michgian 8-12 (13-18)
Minnesota 8-12 (17-14)
10 Iowa 7-13 (15-16)
PSU 7-13 (13-18)
IU 7-13 (15-16)
13 Rutgers 6-14 (14-17)
Maryland 6-14 (14-17)

Looking like a 5 bid league....6 at most. Woof!

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Bart Torvik projected records:

1 Purdue 17-3 (28-3)
2 Illinois 14-6 (23-8)
3 Wisky 13-7 (21-10)
Ohio State 13-7 (23-8)
MSU 13-7 (21-10)
6 Nebraska 11-9 (21-10)
7 NW 9-11 (18-13)
8 Michgian 8-12 (13-18)
Minnesota 8-12 (17-14)
10 Iowa 7-13 (15-16)
PSU 7-13 (13-18)
IU 7-13 (15-16)
13 Rutgers 6-14 (14-17)
Maryland 6-14 (14-17)

Looking like a 5 bid league....6 at most. Woof!

I love some of the analytical information that's visible on Torvik. But some of their projections are absurd.

1. Penn State is the worst team in the league. They will win 4 games tops.

2. Wisconsin is the most overvalued team in the league. They don't shoot the ball. They aren't a great defensive team. They struggle with defensive rebounding. They don't block ahots. Theyre last in the league in assists. They got Marquette at home and played Michigan State when the Spartans were reeling. They will be a .500 team in the league at best.

3. I also believe Indiana will finish around .500. I still think they finish with a winning record in the league. Hell, they have a shit ton of home games remaining.

Then what the fvck were your expectations?
I expected him to get 12 min essentially begin to get back into game shape and get a feel for the offense. I expected him to knock some of the rust off of his defensive footwork and switching.

I did not expect him to shoot much. Points would be a positive but not the goal for him. I expected him to work on feeding the paint.

He did all of those things. He had two accountable TOs and I believe three clean assists. His shot was ugly to be sure.

Hope this helps

I love some of the analytical information that's visible on Torvik. But some of their projections are absurd.

1. Penn State is the worst team in the league. They will win 4 games tops.

2. Wisconsin is the most overvalued team in the league. They don't shoot the ball. They aren't a great defensive team. They struggle with defensive rebounding. They don't block ahots. Theyre last in the league in assists. They got Marquette at home and played Michigan State when the Spartans were reeling. They will be a .500 team in the league at best.

3. I also believe Indiana will finish around .500. I still think they finish with a winning record in the league. Hell, they have a shit ton of home games remaining.
I will bet you $100 we don't finish .500 in the league. This is just a horrible take.

I don't give a shit about IU. And we are 10th in defensive rebounding. Tell me you have no clue about UW w/o telling me.

Perhaps I should've looked at the Badger in your pic. I apologize for accusing you of being a Hoosiers fan. Wisconsin is 12th in the league in Defensive rebounding.

You don't block shots and you don't defend well. What you've really done is played some teams who can't make second and third chance shots to save their ass. That reality will rear its ugly head as the season progresses.

Bottom line is the Badgers are most overvalued pile of shit in the league. Wiscy's phantom success on the season has been propped up by two flukes:

1. Marquette plays their worst game of the season, in the Kohl Center.
2. Wisconsin, much like Nebraska as well, gets to draw Michigan State during a period where they are playing like shit and can barely buy a basket.

AJ Storr is a nice scorer, but this team is really only marginally better from the same shitty squad last season.

LOL at using raw stats. Defense is #34 in the country. Offense #16. I would stick to Football or Volleyball there champ.

Perhaps I should've looked at the Badger in your pic. I apologize for accusing you of being a Hoosiers fan. Wisconsin is 12th in the league in Defensive rebounding.

You don't block shots and you don't defend well. What you've really done is played some teams who can't make second and third chance shots to save their ass. That reality will rear its ugly head as the season progresses.

Bottom line is the Badgers are most overvalued pile of shit in the league. Wiscy's phantom success on the season has been propped up by two flukes:

1. Marquette plays their worst game of the season, in the Kohl Center.
2. Wisconsin, much like Nebraska as well, gets to draw Michigan State during a period where they are playing like shit and can barely buy a basket.

AJ Storr is a nice scorer, but this team is really only marginally better from the same shitty squad last season.
Definitely not a Hoosier fan.

I can’t take anything serious that has Minnesota’s defense in the top 50

I can't take any metric serious that has BYU in the top 5. BYU plays Cincinnati, Baylor, Houston, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Texas all before February. There is no way in hell they are ranked in the top 20 after that stretch.

I can't take any metric serious that has BYU in the top 5. BYU plays Cincinnati, Baylor, Houston, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Texas all before February. There is no way in hell they are ranked in the top 20 after that stretch.
Their SOS is shit. Much like Nebraska’s. And Minnesota’s It’ll work itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT