ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think IU can afford to start Mgbako at this time. They’re just so much better with an extra guard out there instead.

Sunday night KenPom update. Anything on this list stand out as interesting to you?

1 Purdue

24 MSU

31 Illinois

37 Michigan
38 Iowa
41 Wisky

48 Nebraska

53 OSU
55 Maryland
57 NW

63 Rutgers

75 PSU

79 IU

102 Minnesota

3 undefeated B1G teams so far:

Purdue - guessing this changes this week
Nebraska - WTF?
PSU - WTF2?

So there is a very real possibility that the last undefeated teams in the conference are Nebraska and the Nits.

Look man it’s not my fault that you have the critical thinking skills of a six year old
Do you really think I didn't know the underlying reason for my WTF? It's called editorial sensationalism and an effort to generate discussion.

This thread has been pretty quiet early in the season. I'm just trying to spur some back and forth, but not the condescending kind like you seem unable to avoid.

Last edited:
Both have bottom 10 current schedule strengths, it’s not confusing

Nebraska has lost 8 games to low-major opponents in the last 7 seasons. And I don't mean they lost to the Utah State's or Dayton's of the World, I'm talking about teams like Gardner-Webb, UC - Irvine, or Western Illinois.

To suggest that they're 5-0 because of their schedule is pure comedy. They just destroyed Oregon State on Saturday. They've only beaten a high major Non Con opponent by 20 or more points twice in the last 30 years.

They're the most improved team in the Big Ten as they basically added the Player of the year from the Valley in Rienk Mast, a 1st Team Conference USA in Brice Williams, along with the leading rebounder from the Mountain West, Josiah Allick.

Juwan Gary is also back from injury. Tominaga suffered a pretty brutal ankle injury in an October exhibition game. He's been a bit slowed early, but this current team has so much depth they've been able to manage easily without him carrying the load.

Mast started for the Dutch national team in the FIBA World Classic this past Summer. Tominaga started for Team Japan as well.

They play a really solid Duquesne team Wednesday on BTN, and Creighton Sunday on FS1. You can gather your observations this week.

Nebraska has lost 8 games to low-major opponents in the last 7 seasons. And I don't mean they lost to the Utah State's or Dayton's of the World, I'm talking about teams like Gardner-Webb, UC - Irvine, or Western Illinois.

To suggest that they're 5-0 because of their schedule is pure comedy. They just destroyed Oregon State on Saturday. They've only beaten a high major Non Con opponent by 20 or more points twice in the last 30 years.

They're the most improved team in the Big Ten as they basically added the Player of the year from the Valley in Rienk Mast, a 1st Team Conference USA in Brice Williams, along with the leading rebounder from the Mountain West, Josiah Allick.

Juwan Gary is also back from injury. Tominaga suffered a pretty brutal ankle injury in an October exhibition game. He's been a bit slowed early, but this current team has so much depth they've been able to manage easily without him carrying the load.

Mast started for the Dutch national team in the FIBA World Classic this past Summer. Tominaga started for Team Japan as well.

They play a really solid Duquesne team Wednesday on BTN, and Creighton Sunday on FS1. You can gather your observations this week.
I think Nebraska is good fwiw. I was a huge fan of their team last year and I agree with you that they are way better this year.

Still, the schedule up to this point has been a contributing factor to their current record. Basically every big ten team would be 5-0 with that same schedule.

• Wow
Reactions: KisteK and Ingersol
Leave him alone and let him share Twitter links.
let-me-taste-your-tears-scott-cartman.gif

On paper, it looks like he had a solid night.
He’s been pretty awful this year. Contributes heavily to offensive stagnation with useless over dribbling and still makes some confounding mistakes. Also has been a horrid on ball defender this year. If they have any hope of salvaging this season, he needs to play like a 24 year old guard. Show consistent leadership and not get burned defensively.

He’s been pretty awful this year. Contributes heavily to offensive stagnation with useless over dribbling and still makes some confounding mistakes. Also has been a horrid on ball defender this year. If they have any hope of salvaging this season, he needs to play like a 24 year old guard. Show consistent leadership and not get burned defensively.
basically:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
And with Loyer giving us absolutely nothing lol
He was brutal…..hasn’t really played well yet this year. We are going to need him at some point but it was telling that Colvin got his minutes down the stretch.

He was brutal…..hasn’t really played well yet this year. We are going to need him at some point but it was telling that Colvin got his minutes down the stretch.
I know Colvin has made some mistakes defensively but that dude is just fearless on offense. Once he figures it out on defense he’s going to be insane.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT