ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously very early and I haven't seen every game but at this point, from what I've seen, the conference doesn't look great. Need a good showing in the Gavitt Games this week.

I candidly only see 5 teams that look like clear tourney teams:

Purdue
Wisky
Michigan
Illinois
MSU (and this one is giving them the benefit of the doubt)

There are a few others that can get there but so far...woof!
I've caught some of Illinois and Michigan, both looked solid from what I watched. MSU just doesn't seem like a well constructed roster, I don't see how they compete for the regular season title unless Tyson Walker goes beastmode every single night, and even then the rest of the team still has to pull their weight.

I've caught some of Illinois and Michigan, both looked solid from what I watched. MSU just doesn't seem like a well constructed roster, I don't see how they compete for the regular season title unless Tyson Walker goes beastmode every single night, and even then the rest of the team still has to pull their weight.
After playing two games, the Spartans should probably shut it down and play the sophs and freshmen for the rest of the season. 🤣

Most maligned person since Christ 😎
iu

I’m beginning to think the Big Ten might suck this year
Definitely a down year but I wouldn’t put too much stock into November basketball especially in the transfer portal era. I still expect to see 7 or 8 tourney teams from the league

Reactions: KisteK
so we trail 2-3 in the Gavitt games. Time for MSU, Rutgers and Maryland to step up

• Haha
The big ten has sucked for several years in a row now.
Hard to argue with that.

The B1G in its entirety has just 3 wins over KenPom top 100 teams:

Purdue over #38 Xavier
NW over #67 Dayton
Michigan over #74 St Johns

On the flip side, the B1G already has 4 losses to KenPom sub 80 teams:

Maryland to #111 Davidson
Rutgers to #92 Princeton
MSU to #87 James Madison
Maryland to #82 UAB

Yikes!!

• Wow
Hard to argue with that.

Purdue over #38 Xavier
NW over #67 Dayton

Rutgers to #92 Princeton
MSU to #87 James Madison
Maryland to #82 UAB

Yikes!!
https://media.tenor.com/Fcen6yTJarYAAAAd/duck-****.gif

God damn it fvck you rivals

Hard to argue with that.

Purdue over #38 Xavier
NW over #67 Dayton

Rutgers to #92 Princeton
MSU to #87 James Madison
Maryland to #82 UAB

Yikes!!
Your lack of understanding that this is a sample size (and scheduling) issue is truly confounding to me. Most teams have played 3 games if that.

There’s far better ways to illustrate that the conference is down, but it makes more sense to just wait a month anyways.

Wait are we good?

I was praying for a tournament bid
Genuinely yes. The offensive spacing is tremendous and they have multiple plus shooters. I think they’ll probably struggle a bit more in conference when refs allow for games to be mucked up, but they’re still going to be able to score in the half court.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Your lack of understanding that this is a sample size (and scheduling) issue is truly confounding to me. Most teams have played 3 games if that.

There’s far better ways to illustrate that the conference is down, but it makes more sense to just wait a month anyways.
You sure it isn't just you reading more into my post than I intended?

Of course, it's early. That goes without saying (or I'd hope it should).

Painter's best class since the Baby Boilers. I'm a little torn on taking 6 high school recruits in one class in the transfer portal era. This also puts us oversigned by one so someone is either going to have to transfer out (likely) or one of these guys will need to go to prep school.

Non-issue IMO. We’ve seen what can happen when there’s an elite type transfer guy that Purdue really wants but fails to get (Pack) because of $exier options out there. Might as well take guys you believe in as recruits and if they don’t work out, will likely transfer and can try and go grab someone in the portal then.

Very unlikely Purdue will “need” a transfer for any one spot anyway with the way the roster is looking for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT