ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, didn't say that you said "he's the best in the country", but you were putting him in that category.
Howard actually looks confused on the sideline. Gets like this scrunched eyebrow thing going as his team sinks down 5, 10, 15 pts throughout the under 16, 12, 8 timeouts. You can actually see it in real time. Oh the wonders of modern day HD television.

I just thought UM was overrated to start the year but they’re looking NIT bound at this point. Home games against MSU and Purdue in early January will make or break their season. Lose those and the wheels fall off. Win them and they’re back controlling their own destiny.

Again, didn't say that you said "he's the best in the country", but you were putting him in that category.

I never put Howard in Wright’s category. Maybe you’re thinking of Gilverine or someone else. There’s plenty of stuff I actually said you can bring up, don’t make me start having to defend shit I didn’t do 😂

I never put Howard in Wright’s category. Maybe you’re thinking of Gilverine or someone else. There’s plenty of stuff I actually said you can bring up, don’t make me start having to defend shit I didn’t do 😂
I find Painter and Izzo to be at or near that category, so fair to say that I read into that.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
I find Painter and Izzo to be at or near that category, so fair to say that I read into that.

If I said Illinois could have Jay Wright, Tom Izzo, or Matt Painter for the next 5 years you’d have to think about it? And that’s no disrespect to the other two.

Reactions: Jaycg15
As a Purdue fan I don't consider Painter at Wrights level (or even Izzo's, but he has potential just needs to succeed in March).

That said, it is amusing to see Hail's pivot on how great Howard and this year's UM team are. He couldn't fathom how anyone would pick Purdue over UM to win the conference, and they don't even look capable of being in the top 4, let alone win.

As a Purdue fan I don't consider Painter at Wrights level (or even Izzo's, but he has potential just needs to succeed in March).

That said, it is amusing to see Hail's pivot on how great Howard and this year's UM team are. He couldn't fathom how anyone would pick Purdue over UM to win the conference, and they don't even look capable of being in the top 4, let alone win.

I’ve been wrong about Michigan. Of course. As has most of the country. But I was higher on Purdue than some Purdue posters here. I probably defended Purdue more than any non Purdue poster in the offseason. Pretty sure I spent a whole day defending Trevion and Edey over Kofi and Payne. You even liked this post:

AEE6-BFA6-F7-BC-4447-B4-C1-579664-B26958.jpg

Gabe Brown needs to take more shots for MSU IMO. He’s averaging 13.4 right now on 46% from the field and 41% from 3. He’s become a real 3 level scorer type guy this year so far. We’re a pretty balenced scoring bunch but he’s definitely been the most consistent.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not but it’s a comedy bit lol
He’s trying to get people to have that reaction so it’s not all that bad. In the list of all of big cats trolls, this one ranks as one of his dumber ones.

FWIW, that’s a picture of his co-worker and former intern.

He’s trying to get people to have that reaction so it’s not all that bad. In the list of all of big cats trolls, this one ranks as one of his dumber ones.

FWIW, that’s a picture of his co-worker and former intern.
I think it’s hilarious watching people get worked up over it/believing that Billy’s an actual army vet lol

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Just shocked at UM & Illinois this season, with the way they were talked upon preseason.

And I agree with Hail-think Wright is the second best coach in the game right now, behind K obviously.

With Nova as my preseason NC pick, Wright could even further distance himself from the other active coaches..

Anyone else confused how Michigan returned 3 starters from an elite 8 team, brought in the #3 class in the country, has an elite coach, and they are struggling this much? Something isn’t adding up.

Current Big Ten Projections

1. Purdue
2. Ohio State
3. Illinois
4. MSU
5. Michigan
6. Wisconsin
7. Iowa
8. Indiana
9. Minnesota
10. Northwestern
11. Maryland
12. Rutgers
13. Penn State
14. Nebraska

I think Michigan will figure it out a bit and make the tourney. They have Martelli, I don’t think they’ll stay stagnant all year. They’re definitely the most boom or bust though. I could see them as high as 2.

MSU has been pretty good as of late but the competition hasn’t been exactly stellar. I see the cutoff of the tournament at 8 with Indiana barely making it.

Northwestern is my sleeper team. I think they could finish as high as like 5th or 6th.

Last edited:
I think it’s hilarious watching people get worked up over it/believing that Billy’s an actual army vet lol
PMT has grown pretty sour for me (I can’t remember the last time I’ve listened to an episode), so I think I just instinctively shudder anytime billy is involved.

1. Purdue
2. Ohio State
3. Illinois
4. MSU
5. Michigan
6. Wisconsin
7. Iowa
8. Indiana
9. Minnesota
10. Northwestern
11. Maryland
12. Rutgers
13. Penn State
14. Nebraska

I think Michigan will figure it out a bit and make the tourney. They have Martelli, I don’t think they’ll stay stagnant all year. They’re definitely the most boom or bust though. I could see them as high as 2.

MSU has been pretty good as of late but the competition hasn’t been exactly stellar. I see the cutoff of the tournament at 8 with Indiana barely making it.

Northwestern is my sleeper team. I think they could finish as high as like 5th or 6th.
I’d switch Illinois and Ohio State

Not sure what to think about any of the teams 9-14 yet.

What do you think it is?
Roster construction is the top issue. You don’t have shooters that can space for you best player. I mean you lost 4 really damn good players. 2 of which were draft picks. And at least 3 of them were really damn good shooters, and the other was your best defender. And you followed that up with overall just disappointing additions, no one you added has really been as good as advertised. Plus Zeb Jackson and Brandon Johns haven’t really looked better than last year.

My top reason I think you improve and make the tournament is that Houstan and Diabete get more comfortable at the college level. They’re clearly talented. I truly think your 2-5 are all at the very least 3rd team all conference type of talent, Dickinson being an AA type talent. Lacking a PG sucks though and Jones doesn’t seem like the answer. We went through that last year.

You guys just have too much talent to give up on the year IMO.

Maybe, but OSU has been better thus far. A win over Duke and a blowout win over Wisconsin are both better than anything Illinois has done yet.
I thought you were ranking them based on how you think they will do in conference, not what they have done so far.

1. Purdue
2. Ohio State
3. Illinois
4. MSU
5. Michigan
6. Wisconsin
7. Iowa
8. Indiana
9. Minnesota
10. Northwestern
11. Maryland
12. Rutgers
13. Penn State
14. Nebraska

Pretty much exactly how I would put it. I might put Rutgers in front of Maryland and Northwestern but that might be a little loss bias driving that.

And I’d put Illinois in front of OSU.

Last edited:
Sparty is the 2nd best B10 team I’ve seen so far.

Ohio State will eventually need Sueing/Towns or for Branham/Johnson to be more consistent.

I thought you were ranking them based on how you think they will do in conference, not what they have done so far.
A bit of both. OSU has just looked better and more experienced thus far. I think having you 3rd after your less than stellar start is more than fair. They have 2 good wins where they have looked better than you have looked thus far.

I do think Illinois could be better, but OSU’s looking good combined with the easiest schedule in the league I’d give them the edge.

A bit of both. OSU has just looked better and more experienced thus far. I think having you 3rd after your less than stellar start is more than fair. They have 2 good wins where they have looked better than you have looked thus far.

I do think Illinois could be better, but OSU’s looking good combined with the easiest schedule in the league I’d give them the edge.

I’d say Osu has 3 really good wins unless you don’t think Wisconsin counts

Reactions: MGC_07
No matter how this game turns out, I’d imagine Purdue is going to be very happy to leave the NY/NJ metro area.

Hail you cited stuff about how he dominated NBA camps. You guys were pretty clear he was elite all offseason.

Holy shit was is with you guys and these angles today?

100% of the time I brought up the NBA G League camp was to compare him to Mike Smith because they guarded each other both days. I don’t think either are NBA players and my stance on Jones was that he just needs to be Mike Smith. Neither of them dominated but they played each other evenly with an edge to Jones.

That doesn’t mean I ever thought Jones is an NBA PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT