ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't mean everything's perfect. You never answered why you're so defensive and can't admit a mistake.
It’s a moronic debate with no provable answer, so why should I try to argue with someone who couldn’t even estimate Crean’s coaching ability?

No, it just means that he’s coached extremely well and built a team completely from scratch. It’s awful.

Do you feel differently about the Eli Brooks vs Trent Frazier discussion yet?

I think they are both fine choices as the combo guard alongside Ivey. I said as much back then. I don’t think Curbelo and Ivey are a good back court pairing. Frazier and Brooks have put up similar numbers the past couple years and will probably end up with similar numbers this year.

Didn’t catch the game as it was on same time as Illinois.

I still think you guys have chances to improve, but it’s gotta be getting close to panic time up in AA…

At least for the basketball team

Growing up in a Lions household nothing is really “panic” time. You find plenty of ways to cope with losing. Life is good when Michigan sports are good. Life is still good when they aren’t. Today was a really good day and a Michigan loss won’t ruin my day like it does some homeboarders.

A lot of their numbers scream that regression is coming but Minny doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot. Ben Johnson has done a nice job with the cluster of transfers this season regardless of what happens from here on.

I think they are both fine choices as the combo guard alongside Ivey. I said as much back then. I don’t think Curbelo and Ivey are a good back court pairing. Frazier and Brooks have put up similar numbers the past couple years and will probably end up with similar numbers this year.
I agree with you on Brooks vs Ivey but seem to remember your reasoning was not wanting 2 non shooters on the floor (sound reasoning). Ivey shooting 40% from three o pretty good volume discounts that a bit but obviously Curbelo being out shouldn‘t change your response…..yet.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
It’s a moronic debate with no provable answer, so why should I try to argue with someone who couldn’t even estimate Crean’s coaching ability?

No, it just means that he’s coached extremely well and built a team completely from scratch. It’s awful.
You are god damn clueless

A lot of their numbers scream that regression is coming but Minny doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot. Ben Johnson has done a nice job with the cluster of transfers this season regardless of what happens from here on.
If you can limit turnovers, especially live-ball, and play solid defense without fouling alot, you're gonna be competitive in more games than not. It helps to have experienced players to be able to do those two things.

Oh I like this one.

If you can limit turnovers, especially live-ball, and play solid defense without fouling alot, you're gonna be competitive in more games than not. It helps to have experienced players to be able to do those two things.
Be careful with that kind of strategy. You’re gonna end up like Wisconsin.

Reactions: SpartyGotSix
It’s a moronic debate with no provable answer, so why should I try to argue with someone who couldn’t even estimate Groce’s coaching ability?
I moved off the Groce X's and O's train fairly quickly. I did think he'd recruit better than he did.

This is Underwood's 5th season at Illinois. We know what we have.

How about that "Juwan Howard best coach in CBB discussion" discussion though?

I moved off the Groce X's and O's train fairly quickly. I did think he'd recruit better than he did.

This is Underwood's 5th season at Illinois. We know what we have.

How about that "Juwan Howard best coach in CBB discussion" discussion though?

Lol shit I never said. Wright has been who I’ve considered the best coach in CBB for several years. Why would you put that in quotes?

I remember you arguing that he was better than Cal in one thread, and I believe you were putting him with Painter and Izzo at the top. That's the same territory, no?

I’d take Jay Wright over any one of them over the next 5 or 10 years and not think twice. And I’d trade Howard for Jay Wright and not think twice. There’s zero chance I ever called Howard the best coach in the country.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I’d take Jay Wright over any one of them over the next 5 or 10 years and not think twice. And I’d trade Howard for Jay Wright and not think twice. There’s zero chance I ever called Howard the best coach in the country.
Again, didn't say that you said "he's the best in the country", but you were putting him in that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT