ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hail you cited stuff about how he dominated NBA camps. You guys were pretty clear he was elite all offseason.

I even avoided Jones in the college player draft. You can make fun of me for Johns and/or thinking Jones was as good as Mike Smith but being as good as Mike Smith doesn’t make him and NBA PG.

98-F6397-F-2-E2-D-428-F-9-F13-B6-E292-E83118.jpg

Holy shit was is with you guys and these angles today?

100% of the time I brought up the NBA G League camp was to compare him to Mike Smith because they guarded each other both days. I don’t think either are NBA players and my stance on Jones was that he just needs to be Mike Smith. Neither of them dominated but they played each other evenly with an edge to Jones.

That doesn’t mean I ever thought Jones is an NBA PG.
Atleast I can own the Kofi+Payne>Edey+Williams

“These were Jones' and Smith's numbers when they were matched up against each other. They are different types of players but probably as similar as you can get in terms of overall talent level. I'm not sure where the idea comes from the Mike Smith's overall impact is that hard to replace.

Jones Game stats

Field goal percentage: 53.8 percent
Rebounds: 5.0
Assists: 2.5
Steals: 2.5
Turnovers: 4.0
Blocks: 0.0

Smith Game stats

Field goal percentage: 45.7 percent
Rebounds: 1.5
Assists: 2.5
Steals: 0.0
Turnovers: 2.5
Blocks: 0.0”

Now @Jaycg15 and I argued about whether or not this was true or not. I thought it was, he didn’t. He was right. But not once did I say Jones was an NBA PG. I’ll wear a Tom Crean avatar the rest of the year if anyone can find a post where I did.

A bit of both. OSU has just looked better and more experienced thus far. I think having you 3rd after your less than stellar start is more than fair. They have 2 good wins where they have looked better than you have looked thus far.

I do think Illinois could be better, but OSU’s looking good combined with the easiest schedule in the league I’d give them the edge.
Eh we just played a top 10 team down to the wire without Curbelo.

Seton Hall and Wisconsin are tourney teams but neither should be top 25 teams.

Their guard and center play doesn’t scare me whatsoever.

Eh we just played a top 10 team down to the wire without Curbelo.

Seton Hall and Wisconsin are tourney teams but neither should be top 25 teams.

Their guard and center play doesn’t scare me whatsoever.
Eh, Who would you replace Hall and Wisconsin with?

Purdue playing like straight ass the last 2 games. They’ll get it figured out but ugly to watch.

Finally being ranked number 1 to losing the next 2 games to unranked teams is the most Purdue thing ever.

If Purdue loses second straight game to an un ranked team, are they still ranked top ten?

Cannot get a technical there.....But he had a beef----especially on the non-travel. But even then, down 6, with 48 seconds left.....

Never a doubt … but this team is pretty soft. Starts with a lot of the upperclassmen and that’s always been my issue with this team. No killers. But a W is a W.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT