***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
What does tOSU have coming in that they are going to vault past MD and Iowa?

Osu loses CJ Jackson and Keyshawn Woods. Both are good kids who played hard and competed.

They bring in (3) Top 40ish recruits and a transfer PG who started 2 years at FSU and sat out this year.

Freshman class this year hit a wall after being big contributors early. Their development will be key IMO.

Osu was predicted 11th in the B10 last year and went 15-3. This year they were predicted 13th and won a Ncaa tournament game. Will be interesting to see how they look with expectations as I expect them to be a preseason Top 15-20 team.

We are a women’s hockey school now. Natty!
We're women's basketball right now and possibly wrestling next year (4th place is disappointing, but we do have a promising wrestling roster combined with attrition elsewhere next year). Thanks, Wisconsin, for Megan Gustafson (Port Wing native from way up north along the lake).

Reactions: jwardelt
Still a soccer school...:oops:
That's the most popular sport in the world, bro. No shame there. Pride, if anything. You remember the scene from Hoosiers where Gene Hackman measures the gym? That's basically the first story at every World Cup when someone like Ivory Coast qualifies.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
That's the most popular sport in the world, bro. No shame there. Pride, if anything. You remember the scene from Hoosiers where Gene Hackman measures the gym? That's basically the first story at every World Cup when someone like Ivory Coast qualifies.
I fvcking hate soccer.....Laughing But IU has 8 Natty's....So there is that.:D

I fvcking hate soccer.....Laughing But IU has 7 Natty's....So there is that.:D
You should get stoned/drunk sometime and play backyard soccer with a couple of grad students from Nepal who are bio TA's for your best bud. It's not an easy sport to play. I find that's the best path to appreciating something (trying it and learning the difficulties). I'm sure you'd rather be on top in hoops again. I'd rather we were on top in anything (those Penn State c-suckers stole the only person with a better 3 year collegiate record than Dan Gable [who we stole from the same place as Cael]). FWIW, these records may have been replaced in the last 10 years. IDK.

You should get stoned/drunk sometime and play backyard soccer with a couple of grad students from Nepal who are bio TA's for your best bud. It's not an easy sport to play. I find that's the best path to appreciating something (trying it and learning the difficulties). I'm sure you'd rather be on top in hoops again. I'd rather we were on top in anything (those Penn State c-suckers stole the only person with a better 3 year collegiate record than Dan Gable [who we stole from the same place as Cael]).
Naaaah, I am good. I played once with some dudes in college----Fck that game.

Naaaah, I am good. I played once with some dudes in college----Fck that game.
We can't find the ships to have men's soccer because we have to have wrestling and baseball and we are out of ideas for women's sports we could legitimately pursue. College hockey could do well-ish in Iowa (maybe not competitively for quite a while) because we have no pro sports and it is a fun live event, but there isn't D1 legitimate support in Iowa for either soccer or ice hockey.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
He's talking about the potential impropriety of giving Fran a raise explicitly to reimburse him for Patrick's education. That, done so explicitly, would be cheating. We need to offer this as a hanshake/wink and freeze Fran's pay until the statute of limitations expires now that we've shared our plans in writing in public.
I would like to add to this. Thoughts from when I was a student. Nobody complained when we told Todd Lickliter that his son would have to walk on so we could make room for other legit D-1 athletes and build a super-team.

2922b0fe-f7c3-11de-84ea-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

(FWIW, that was 2 for Iowa somehow).

Edit: God bless us, everyone.

Osu loses CJ Jackson and Keyshawn Woods. Both are good kids who played hard and competed.

They bring in (3) Top 40ish recruits and a transfer PG who started 2 years at FSU and sat out this year.

Freshman class this year hit a wall after being big contributors early. Their development will be key IMO.

Osu was predicted 11th in the B10 last year and went 15-3. This year they were predicted 13th and won a Ncaa tournament game. Will be interesting to see how they look with expectations as I expect them to be a preseason Top 15-20 team.
Only top 40 kid i saw was carton at 36 on rivals. Still looked like a good class.

This is the best place to ask that question. @H8FULLGR8 is unkind to fans of other schools who don't care about Nebraska in the 90s.
Glad I’ve made such a lasting impact on you. I was busy watching women’s beach volleyball yesterday so I missed it, how did Iowa’s game versus Tennessee turn out?

I would like to add to this. Thoughts from when I was a student. Nobody complained when we told Todd Lickliter that his son would have to walk on so we could make room for other legit D-1 athletes and build a super-team.

2922b0fe-f7c3-11de-84ea-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

(FWIW, that was 2 for Iowa somehow).

Edit: God bless us, everyone.

Ahh the glory days of Iowa b-ball.

We're women's basketball right now and possibly wrestling next year (4th place is disappointing, but we do have a promising wrestling roster combined with attrition elsewhere next year). Thanks, Wisconsin, for Megan Gustafson (Port Wing native from way up north along the lake).

Yea the UW women’s team is not good.

Who you guys losing? Whats the lineup going to look like?

Could be a really good team and surprise people. Excellent recruiting class. Only losing 2 seniors that played. CJ Jackson and Woods. We have a solid PG transfer from FSU who has 2 years left. CJ Walker. He practiced with team all year but had to sit it out. Have DJ Carton at PG also and they expect those 2 to play right away. Both Wesson’s are back. Holtmann close to getting Ibrahima Diallo, 7'0 Athletic BIG from Senegal. He’s raw but wants him to back up Wesson at the 5 maybe 10-12 minute a game. That’s not a done deal yet but close.

They said the same thing a year or two ago and Penn State still won it. Cael got that place churning out all americans and ncaa Champions.

I didn't feel the need to research.

A quick scan of the rivals top 150 is research?

I'm not saying go all Gil and look at every recruting ranking service out there. And then cherry pick the top ranking from each place. Organize them into a nice list.

If not, PU has to be a favorite.

Is he not NBA material? To short?

His height will certainly hurt him. I definitely think he's good enough to play in the league for awhile but I think best case scenario he might be able to sneak into the late first round but that won't be this year. I hope he comes back but am guessing he leaves. If he comes back, I think Purdue will be right up there toward the top as they only lose Cline and Eifert. A starting lineup would look as follows:

Nojel Eastern
Carsen Edwards
Brandon Newman
Aaron Wheeler
Matt Haarms

Bench:
Eric Hunter
Trevion Williams
Sasha Stefanovich
Emmanuel Dowuona
Mason Gillis
Isaiah Thompson

Reactions: hawkit3113
Yea I'm not worried. There's lots of pants pissers out there. 2020 and 2021 classes will be pivotal though.
To me, he's all to similar to Bruce Weber. He's a guy that is struggling to recruit his plan A guys. It caught up with Bruce at Illinois. He's been figuring it out a little bit at KSU, but I'm not fully convinced that he's completely fixed it.

The reality doesn't really expose itself until the next guy is forced to work with system guys that aren't really that good outside of the system.

He's talking about the potential impropriety of giving Fran a raise explicitly to reimburse him for Patrick's education. That, done so explicitly, would be cheating. We need to offer this as a hanshake/wink and freeze Fran's pay until the statute of limitations expires now that we've shared our plans in writing in public.
not hardly. Connor was going to walk and let Nunge got that scholarship and EVERYBODY in the BB world knew about it, then Williams quit and Connor took that scholarship. there was no raise for Fran then.

there is nothing wrong in Patrick walking on. in fact there are many that claim Fran's son should walk on BECAUSE Fran CAN AFFORD to pay his way to go to school,

there is some merit to their claims. their father makes a couple mil a year and should pay and let another player that does not have that available,

the same thing was said when Kirk F. sons played FB while he was the HC.

there is no cheating involved, in this case this would spread the classes out more
4 in the 19 class
4 in the 20 class
2 in the 21 class
3 in the 22 class

check the NCAA Rule books and you will find it is perfectly legal to have your son walk on.

Fredrick from Kentucky was going to walk on because he wanted to play for Fran at the U of I BB program, a scholarship opened up and got that one.

Patrick will just wait a year and get one of the 5 open scholarships in the 2020 class.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
He has Iowa at 4th before we even know if we get Cook back ("depending on who leaves"). It's hawkit. He has a proud reputation to maintain.
like to look at the rotation next fall W/O Cook
PG 6'0 Jordan backup 6'5 Connor 5'11 Toussaint and for reference Dean Oliver was only 5'10
SG 6'5 Moss 6'7 Daily 6'4 Fredrick
SF 6'6 Wieskamp 6'9 Patrick
PF 6'8 Pemsl 6'9 Kriener
C 6'11 Garza 7'0 Nunge
Pemsl has started over 20 games and last season he was 3rd in rebounds with 144. plus he was 5th on the team in scoring T-Nunge who was 2nd in blocks with 25 and T-3rd in steals with 21.

both have range to 17' where Cook does not, Nunge has range to 3 but this past year he has gone from 225 lbs to 250 lbs and has spent more time working with his back to the basket

Pemsl is the enforcer of this team and was a big reason why Iowa beat ISU before he had season ending knee surgery. going from 265 lbs to 235 lbs. he is much quicker and in HS had range out past 17'.

Wieskamp reminds me of a combination of Bobby Hanson and Adam Haluska,

Pemsl reminds me of Jess Settles

next seasons team will be fine with or without Cook. this is not to say I don't want Cook back all I am saying I am going the possibility of him not coming back.

there are alot of variable right now to consider. Moss may leave, Dailey may leave. Patrick might RS. will Pemsl be fully healthy. who knows. right now its wait and see on Cook 1st. then go from there.

Nit doesn’t count. Come on in. Water is really heating up.
tell that to the fans, coaches and players that the nit does not count.

they get extra practice time that teams not in post season play get. the teams get paid for the number of games they play in the NIT and NCAAT.

so they do count.

ADVERTISEMENT