Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
That’s a shame.

What’s worse hawk fans, getting beat by 25 or knowing a chance at a Sweet 16 was there for the taking?

@hawkit3113 @dragonhawk1855 @iowahawkeyes69 @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset @ConvenientParking @CO_hawk
I suppose making it farther than Wisconsin in the tournament and playing better against better teams, than Wisconsin did against a team Iowa beat (excuses = you lose the argument so naturally.....3-2-1) is worse..............but I digress. SmokinSmile

Trivia question: Who was the Big Ten's first loss in the 2019 NCAA Tournament?

It's Wisconsin. SmokinSmile

I suppose making it farther than Wisconsin in the tournament and playing better against better teams, than Wisconsin did against a team Iowa beat (excuses = you lose the argument so naturally.....3-2-1) is worse..............but I digress. SmokinSmile

Trivia question: Who was the Big Ten's first loss in the 2019 NCAA Tournament?

It's Wisconsin. SmokinSmile

Been waiting 20+ years to say this?

Reactions: KisteK and buckymel
M/MSU - top 5. Michigan will lose Matthews. Msu without McQ and Goins. Keep Ward, maybe preseason 1. Lose Ward, 5-7 range. Doubt Michigan loses Iggy or Poole.

Purdue top 10 if they keep Edwards.

Ohio State - top 15.

Maryland/Iowa - top 20-25 (assuming Bruno goes and Smith returns).

Over/under - 2.5 of these teams make NCAA (Wis, Minn, Ind, Illinois)

Big Ten should be slightly better next year.
I really don’t think Ward effects is that much. I actually think we played our best basketball without him, when he had X and Cassius running the pick and roll on offense and X is much much better defensively.

M/MSU - top 5. Michigan will lose Matthews. Msu without McQ and Goins. Keep Ward, maybe preseason 1. Lose Ward, 5-7 range. Doubt Michigan loses Iggy or Poole.

Purdue top 10 if they keep Edwards.

Ohio State - top 15.

Maryland/Iowa - top 20-25 (assuming Bruno goes and Smith returns).

Over/under - 2.5 of these teams make NCAA (Wis, Minn, Ind, Illinois)

Big Ten should be slightly better next year.
Iowa returns all 5 starters with 5 SR's, the only players that has to leave is former walk on RSSR Baer.
key additions are
RSSO 7'0 Nunge who now weighs 250 lbs after working out in the weight room
RSJR 6'8 Pemsl who dropped from 265 lbs to 235 lbs
these 2 were tied for 5th on the team in scoring
Pemsl had 144 rebounds good for 3rd
Nunge had 25 block good for 2nd and 21 steals good for a T-3rd

so yeah they were both missed and would have been key to Iowa this season. its my hope that these hit the weight room this summer
Wieskamp is 205 lbs and I would like to see him put on 10lbs
Connor is 205 lbs and another 10 lbs of proper weigh will only help
Garza 245 lbs and if he can add 5-10 lbs of muscle

this would help in physical play

not counting on the incoming FR although they will bring something to the court they could use
5'11 165 lbs PG Toussaint needs to add 15 lbs and brings the quickness and ability to be a lock down defender.
6'9 195 lb Patrick who brings the quicks and solid defense who can play the 1-2-3-4 and the 5 in a small lineup, this comes from the AAU Coach of the Minnesota D1 team from this season, plus he stated that Patrick was the most versatile player he has ever coached.

Been waiting 20+ years to say this?
As far as advancing further than you, yes.

But we both had First Round exits in 2006 and 2001. SmokinSmile

Either way......

tenor.gif

I really don’t think Ward effects is that much. I actually think we played our best basketball without him, when he had X and Cassius running the pick and roll on offense and X is much much better defensively.

I don't disagree on X over Ward, but he is another depth piece. This adds up and it becomes Kithier for 20 minutes instead of Ward.

That's probably the difference in one or two games for a season.

Btw, what is the word on Ahrens? What was the plan a month ago? The plan now? Seemed like he had no chance at a fifth year five months ago, but he was a plus player.

I don't disagree on X over Ward, but he is another depth piece. This adds up and it becomes Kithier for 20 minutes instead of Ward.

That's probably the difference in one or two games for a season.

Btw, what is the word on Ahrens? What was the plan a month ago? The plan now? Seemed like he had no chance at a fifth year five months ago, but he was a plus player.
Ehh, I agree with you that we are better with Ward. He has the potential to go off and have a great game. But far too often he gets frustrated, commits turnovers, and then plays bad on the other end.

I actually really like Kithier, but yeah a Senior Ward would be a better player. Marble may get some minutes as well. I think we’re a still a top 5 team without Ward.

It seems like Ahrens will be back, from what I’ve heard. Good depth piece off the bench.

by the *'s only by ESPN and grades
SR PG Bohannon
RSSR SG Moss
SO SF Wieskamp top 100 and #42 by Rivals
SR PF Cook #38 and top 100 by Rival
JR C Garza top 100
RSSO G Connor top 100,

incoming
TOP 100 4* by Rivals and ESPN F Patrick
PG Toussaint 4* by ESPN #1 PG in NY and #2 in the state overall regardless of position
CG RSFR Fredrick Gatorade POY in Kentucky MVP in the state of Kentucky's championship game,

they will have 8 4* players by ESPN and 5 by Rivals. top 4 finish is not out of the question with a chance at a run at the BT Championship. next seasons team will have the most talent on paper. in 20+ years,

Gonna miss watching this guy:

In his final postgame interview, Baer was thankful that McCaffery had given him a chance.

“I’m sad about it. I wish everybody could have this feeling — to love something this much that you’re so upset that it’s coming to an end,” he said. “I love this university, I love these guys, I’ve loved every minute of getting a chance to wear the black and gold. I’ll miss it.”

Someone's been cutting onions in my apartment.

Reactions: iowahawkeyes69
I'd keep an eye on Nebby if they hire Hoiberg.
I will throw up if they get Hoiberg. They do not deserve that. I really hope Prohm goes to Alabama and the Mayor goes back to Ames. I can live with ISU being good at basketball. If we want to beat them, we just have to be better. It's one OOC game. Nebraska can get potentially really good on a more consistent basis and affect our average place in the standings if Fran can't find a way to balance his classes and steal a little more out of state talent.

I will throw up if they get Hoiberg. They do not deserve that. I really hope Prohm goes to Alabama and the Mayor goes back to Ames. I can live with ISU being good at basketball. If we want to beat them, we just have to be better. It's one OOC game. Nebraska can get potentially really good on a more consistent basis and affect our average place in the standings if Fran can't find a way to balance his classes and steal a little more out of state talent.
Would be corny if ISU intercepted the Mayor on his way to Lincoln.
Tim Miles would be laughing, as he keeps NU in the NIT and prevents NU from announcing the Hoiberg hire.

3 top 40’s and about to land a 7-0 athletic rim protector. Young but loaded. We shall see.
Good god, man. That is some fine recruiting. Envious. However, you're posting here much too early. You have a high seed AAC school (dream match up for a low seed to get to the S16).

you really know nothing about this team do you just for you
PG SR Jordon 4* by ESPN Backup 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals RSSO Connor these 2 are from Iowa.
SG RSSR Moss 4* by ESPN out of Chicago Simeon HS backup SR Dailey out of Ohio
SF SO Wieskamp 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* #42 by Rivals backup FR Patrick top 100 4* by both ESPN and Rivals
PF SR Cook #38 by ESPN out of Missouri top 100 by Rivals backup RSJR Pemsl out of Iowa
C JR Garza 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals out of Washington DC backup RSSO Nunge out of Indiana
off the bench
SR F/C Kriener out of Iowa
RSFR CG Fredrick out of Kentucky
FR PG 4* Tuissaint out of NY. that makes 8 4* players by ESPN and 5 4* players by Rivals

as I said this is the most talent a Iowa has had in over 20 years.
the defense went from 247th place to 109th place.

the 2020 class will be key, the start this class needs is F 5* by Rivals and top 30 4* by ESPN Foster who is listed as 100% to Iowa by Rivals future cast and 247 has him 100% to Iowa.

maybe because he's from Iowa Fran just needs to pass because according to you Iowa needs more out of state recruits.

you really know nothing about this team do you just for you
PG SR Jordon 4* by ESPN Backup 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals RSSO Connor these 2 are from Iowa.
SG RSSR Moss 4* by ESPN out of Chicago Simeon HS backup SR Dailey out of Ohio
SF SO Wieskamp 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* #42 by Rivals backup FR Patrick top 100 4* by both ESPN and Rivals
PF SR Cook #38 by ESPN out of Missouri top 100 by Rivals backup RSJR Pemsl out of Iowa
C JR Garza 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals out of Washington DC backup RSSO Nunge out of Indiana
off the bench
SR F/C Kriener out of Iowa
RSFR CG Fredrick out of Kentucky
FR PG 4*
Tuissaint out of NY. that makes 8 4* players by ESPN and 5 4* players by Rivals

as I said this is the most talent a Iowa has had in over 20 years.
the defense went from 247th place to 109th place.

the 2020 class will be key, the start this class needs is F 5* by Rivals and top 30 4* by ESPN Foster who is listed as 100% to Iowa by Rivals future cast and 247 has him 100% to Iowa.

maybe because he's from Iowa Fran just needs to pass because according to you Iowa needs more out of state recruits.

I'm very familiar with Iowa's team and recruiting efforts. Thank you, though, for the pleasantly formatted summary. I will link to this post directly the next time someone tries talking smack about Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT