***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm very familiar with Iowa's team and recruiting efforts. I am excited about the future of Iowa basketball. To have success in the future, we will still have to play well in this conference. You should research other teams and their recruiting efforts. That's what's hard about this conference. Everyone is sincerely trying to win.
but Fran has been recruiting at a higher level. my question is how many of then are returning 5 starters, 8 of their top 9. with 5 SR's on the 19-20 season.
break down by class
5 SR's
2 JR's
3 SO's
3 FR

he is breaking the classes down quite nicely.

1. MSU / UM / Purdue
2. OSU / Maryland
3. Illinois / Iowa
4. Wisconsin / Rutgers
5. Northwestern
6. Penn State / Minnesota
7. Indiana
8. Nebraska

That's cheating.
NO ITS NOT

Connor was going to RS till Williams quit right before the season began and Connor got his scholarship.

that's the advantage a coach gets when his son's play for him. the good news is they were both 4*'s by Rivals and ESPN.

NO ITS NOT

Connor was going to RS till Williams quit right before the season began and Connor got his scholarship.

that's the advantage a coach gets when his son's play for him. the good news is they were both 4*'s by Rivals and ESPN.
He's talking about the potential impropriety of giving Fran a raise explicitly to reimburse him for Patrick's education. That, done so explicitly, would be cheating. We need to offer this as a hanshake/wink and freeze Fran's pay until the statute of limitations expires now that we've shared our plans in writing in public.

All the draft boards have him as a 2nd rounder at best, I believe. I don’t think he’s going to improve upon that though, but at the same time why get lost in the D league shuffle when you can come back and put up huge numbers for another year.

That surprises me.

Whatever we've got left, they are still gonna be good in the B1G.
Yeah, IDK what happened, but y'all hired Barry away from Iowa (not directly from Iowa) in 90 and then Bennett and then Bo and it woke shit up seemingly permanently. That 70s Show came along to replace Happy Days and America was inundated and infatuated with Wisconsin again. Wisconsin is in an enviable position. Only P5 in a decent sized state and you're less whimsically fickle than Minny folk. Is Marquette the only legit threat (apart from out of state blue bloods) to you guys getting in state BB talent? I'm not terribly familiar with the true mid-majors in Wisconsin. Northern Iowa has a guard (A.J. Green) who would be great for either Iowa or ISU, but his dad's a coach at UNI and he went to high school in Cedar Falls. I imagine that's the only kind of thing that could stop Wisconsin from getting an in state guy over the non-Madison UW's.

Yeah, IDK what happened, but y'all hired Barry away from Iowa in 90 and then Bennett and then Bo and it woke shit up seemingly permanently. That 70s Show came along to replace Happy Days and America was inundated and infatuated with Wisconsin again. Wisconsin is in an enviable position. Only P5 in a decent sized state and you're less whimsically fickle than Minny folk. Is Marquette the only legit threat (apart from out of state blue bloods) to you guys getting in state BB talent? I'm not terribly familiar with the true mid-majors in Wisconsin. Northern Iowa has a guard (A.J. Green) who would be great for either Iowa or ISU, but his dad's a coach at UNI and he went to high school in Cedar Falls. I imagine that's the only kind of thing that could stop Wisconsin from getting an in state guy over the non-Madison UW's.
I would love to have AJ Green over Dailey but we never had a chance

Fran used to have a long rotation and tend to sub out hot hands.
He didn't do a lot of that the past season.
However, I hope he revert back to his old habit next season with so many players to choose from.

Reactions: iowahawkeyes69
Yeah, IDK what happened, but y'all hired Barry away from Iowa (not directly from Iowa) in 90 and then Bennett and then Bo and it woke shit up seemingly permanently. That 70s Show came along to replace Happy Days and America was inundated and infatuated with Wisconsin again. Wisconsin is in an enviable position. Only P5 in a decent sized state and you're less whimsically fickle than Minny folk. Is Marquette the only legit threat (apart from out of state blue bloods) to you guys getting in state BB talent? I'm not terribly familiar with the true mid-majors in Wisconsin. Northern Iowa has a guard (A.J. Green) who would be great for either Iowa or ISU, but his dad's a coach at UNI and he went to high school in Cedar Falls. I imagine that's the only kind of thing that could stop Wisconsin from getting an in state guy over the non-Madison UW's.
UW hasn't had a lot luck getting top in-state recruits, besides Dekker. Marquette has landed their shares. And a few more simply went elsewhere, Stone, Looney, etc. We mainly recruit kids who fit our style. And we have some lucks in Minnesota.

UW hasn't had a lot luck getting top in-state recruits, besides Dekker. Marquette has landed their shares. And a few more simply went elsewhere, Stone, Looney, etc. We mainly recruit kids who fit our style. And we have some lucks in Minnesota.

Ugh mistakes were made there

Fran used to have a long rotation and tend to sub out hot hands.
He didn't do a lot of that the past season.
However, I hope he revert back to his old habit next season with so many players to choose from.
We've mixed D a lot under Fran over the years (something I like, I remember it being fun as a youth player switching between zone and man and I only ever played basic 2-3 or 1-3-1/3-2, no matchup and no quirks in 2-3 or 1-3-1/3-2). With our roster (a lot of tweeners in talent, a lot of guys with offensive skills who can't consistently beat opponents in man) we have to do that effectively to try to create TOs and run and move the ball or force opponents to take open shots they don't prefer with their personnel.

For example, Jordan Bohannon can get an awkward shot off when he needs to against mostly anybody and the odds are better than average that that shot is going in, but he can't win consistently defending a P&R. We need his scoring, but he's already in a defensive mismatch guarding most Big Ten guards (six nothing, less than 200 pounds, not slow but not fast, not quick but not unquick). Forget switching on a big.

@ScarletnGrayBuck[/USER said:
post earlier. OSU had a great season for what their expectations were.
Not really.
Both schools are football schools.
Neither school has significant presence on the basketball board.

ADVERTISEMENT