***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pulling away at the end and beating a Detroit squad that went 11-20 last season by 7 when one of your bench guys goes 7/8 from 3?
tenor.gif

Z0G6Hb2.gif

It was scrimmage where a starter (Franz Wagner) and a possible rotation guy (Brandon Johns) didn’t play.

We back to injuries not mattering to Purdue fans?

Don’t boast about a scrimmage win over Detroit and you won’t get trolled.

Don’t care about the win as much I care about certain performances. I can be happy with how some rotation guys played without fully evaluating the team because other guys are out with injury.

I don’t get how you took my post as boasting about Michigan. I just re-read it to make sure and still don’t get how you read it that way.

Michigan wins it's secret scrimmage 82-75. DeJulius with 21 posts (7 of 8 from three). Simpson with 7 points, 7 rebounds, 13 assists. Teske 15 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists.

Don’t boast about a scrimmage win over Detroit and you won’t get trolled.
Weird. Just the other day Purdue fans were fawning over Edwards hitting 8 or whatever 3’s in a preseason game. Lol

Last edited:
Michigan drops from top 25 team to bubble team if Franz isn’t healthy. Fml

Just a bump for how confident I am in Michigan if Adrian Nunez has to take Franz Wagner’s minutes for the Purdue fans who think I’m bragging about a scrimmage win. If you take Wagner and Johns out of the rotation the team takes a hit.

It won’t be publicized but Knight will be at some Indiana games this year.

I have ripped on the guy for the pettiness. Hearing about the bad shape he is in, I do just want to see him get the applause one more time in Assembly Hall. It would be a great moment
Yeah it would. It'd be a really special moment. I'm hoping to see him there this year.

By the way, I'm excited about Garcia's official visit! How you feeling about the Nebraska game?

It's actually four NCAA bids in six years (or seven if you so choose).

With that said, I am quite entertained by the note of three straight wins which I believe you are alluding to R64 wins in 15, 16, 19. That is an odd ass stat. Come to think of it though it looks like only Iowa and Maryland can claim that fact from the Big Ten for those specific years.

You should roll with that fact for awhile in defense of Fran....
or we can roll with the fact that from the 12-13 season and a stretch of season Fran led Iowa to 5 straight .500 or better season and the ONLY OTHER BT coach that did that was Izzo of MSU.

also with 4 year starters they had the 3rd best win total in Iowa's history, the team that holds the 1st and 2nd best came under Davis in the late 80's,

even Iowa under Fran they also recorded the 4th longest win total..

now if Wieskamp stays all 4 years his 4 year total could end up the best.

Last edited:
Yeah it would. It'd be a really special moment. I'm hoping to see him there this year.

By the way, I'm excited about Garcia's official visit! How you feeling about the Nebraska game?

Hoosiers lose in a close one. (I hope I am wrong) They get win #6 next week vs Northwestern.

Some good buzz with the visit. It would be nice to secure a commitment.

Do you think Iowa goes undefeated at home this year?
hard to say with new pieces and the status of Jordan in the air, its only been done once since Carver opened, and that was in the 05-06 season when they went 11-5 when the BT only played 16 games
now they play 20 games, the odds of going undefeated are going down to less than 5% for any team even MSU.

or we can roll with the fact that from the 12-13 season and a stretch of season Fran led Iowa to 5 straight .500 or better season and the ONLY OTHER BT coach that did that was Izzo of MSU.

also with 4 year starters they had the 3rd best win total in Iowa's history, the team that holds the 1st and 2nd best came under Davis in the late 80's,

even Iowa under Fran they also recorded the 4th longest win total..

now if Wieskamp stays all 4 years his 4 year total could end up the best.

That's because a bunch of coaches left recently. And 3 of those 5 were .500 B1G seasons. Pathetic. Iowa has kept mediocre Fran around for far too long. What about the 4-14 year? That was cute.

Reactions: Jaycg15
for those that hope that Fran gets fired, here is some bad news he has a son who is in 7th grade. somebody posted a video of him playing in a Summer AAU game featuring 7th and 8th Graders while his youngest was a 6th grader, in it there was Roy Williams watching.
Fran could coach till his youngests out of college in 10 years also Fran is only 55 years old. that would make him 65 years old.

for those that hope that Fran gets fired, here is some bad news he has a son who is in 7th grade. somebody posted a video of him playing in a Summer AAU game featuring 7th and 8th Graders while his youngest was a 6th grader, in it there was Roy Williams watching.
Fran could coach till his youngests out of college in 10 years also Fran is only 55 years old. that would make him 65 years old.

Literally no one wants Fran to get fired.

200.gif

It's actually four NCAA bids in six years (or seven if you so choose).

With that said, I am quite entertained by the note of three straight wins which I believe you are alluding to R64 wins in 15, 16, 19. That is an odd ass stat. Come to think of it though it looks like only Iowa and Maryland can claim that fact from the Big Ten for those specific years.

You should roll with that fact for awhile in defense of Fran....
keep forgetting that there were NIT Bids in there, but in reality Fran took Iowa from 4 straight seasons of 2 4 BT win seasons, 1 5 wins and 6 BT Win season, to the NIT in his 2nd and 3rd season reaching the NIT Championship game, then 3 straight NCAAT games finishing 12-6 3rd place BT finishes twice, then they finished 10-8 and 5th and got sent to the NIT,

All I see is people making fun of him for being a clown shoe.
why because he does not pull a Izzo by getting chummy with the refs?

sorry but I got real tired of watching SA father pull him back to bench like they were in HS coaching and watching Lick sitting there like he either eating pop corn or sitting there with his face in his hands showing no emotion. no thank you I saw enough to last me the rest of my life, give me a fiery coach that will go to war with refs to fight for his players every time. PC as no place in coaching.

you want PC go follow kiddie BB.

Knight and Keady had it right. get in refs grill if need be.

why because he does not pull a Izzo by getting chummy with the refs?

sorry but I got real tired of watching SA father pull him back to bench like they were in HS coaching and watching Lick sitting there like he either eating pop corn or sitting there with his face in his hands showing no emotion. no thank you I saw enough to last me the rest of my life, give me a fiery coach that will go to war with refs to fight for his players every time. PC as no place in coaching.

you want PC go follow kiddie BB.

Knight and Keady had it right. get in refs grill if need be.

Yeah what Fran does seems to be working just as well as Keady and Knight.

353–151 (.700)
265–169 (.611)
79–86 (.488)

Yeah what Fran does seems to be working just as well as Keady and Knight.

353–151 (.700)
265–169 (.611)
79–86 (.488)
how long were they the coaches at their schools? oh yeah one more thing wasn't there only a total 10 team in the BT at that time vs the 14 now?

how dare we talk about a former Big Ten player who made 8 3s in five minutes. Happens all the time
Did you see any IU fans wet themselves when Yogi tied the Rookie for number of 3 pointers made in a game? Nope. And that was during the regular season, not a preseason game.

I bet you get pumped when your favorite NFL team wins preseason games too, huh?

Did you see any IU fans wet themselves when Yogi tied the Rookie for number of 3 pointers made in a game? Nope. And that was during the regular season, not a preseason game.

I bet you get pumped when your favorite NFL team wins preseason games too, huh?

Yeah it's cool you're excited as a fan, but that's homeboard stuff.

Reactions: klize17 and SNU0821

Can you please post the stats for the 7th grader. TIA.

ADVERTISEMENT